All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 8:44 pm 
Duke

I have never had a serf, but I have spent a lot of timing thinking about how I will treat one. Those under Casadian leadership are more or less free to do as they please. While I will handle foreign policy matters like declarations of war and treaties, Casadian serfs are free to trade and interact with others as they see fit. When it comes to where you wish to build, I may make recommendations for good build sites, but the final decision of where to build will be yours.

Casadia's motto is "The Fire Within". This is a reference to the Casadian religion/school of thought known as the Path of the Unburnt. Casadians believe that everyone has the capability to connect with their inner Fire through meditation and selfless acts. Connecting with the Fire is known to increase the physical strength and endurance of an individual, as well as granting an immunity to fire/heat to the most fervent and committed followers. This 'religion' is compatible with most other religions, as the Path of the Unburnt is not centered around gods. The motto reminds all Casadians of their duty to be truly selfless and generous in their lives.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 10:25 pm 
King

- How would you describe the goverment (in-lore)of your liege, are you an iron fist ruler over your peasents, is there any type of democracy?

As others have said, due to the nature of our nobility you will not really find a true democracy in Hermertia; most Kingdoms are hereditary monarchies while duchy rulership tends to be either hereditary or by appointment.

Wysteria is a hereditary rulership, with Nicholas the Great-Nephew of Adam the Wayfarer, the first of my line who arrived in Old Hermertia about 2 (real life) years ago. However, beneath the head of state is a unique experiment in proportional representation: in the Hall of Voices, elected representatives from the regions of Wysteria gather to participate in discussions and debates over current issues or new accords their Duke wishes to pass. These representatives play a fundamental role in the government of Wysteria, and are integral to the changes made in parliament that have an effect on the population.

There is also a second, smaller body of Wysterian citizens that plays a formative role in all workings of the government: this is the Laborer's Council. Drawn from our deep traditions of efficacy through hard work and multiple viewpoints (developed over the many years I and my father presided over the duchy of Laborate in Ertia), members of Wysteria (most especially players) who have a unique perspective, a specific area of knowledge, or a great amount of experience in a particular area (mining, architecture, farming, engineering, city planning, etc) are appointed the the Council to serve as something of a cross between advisors and policymakers: they are instrumental in drafting new laws, using their experience to ensure that it is the most effective it can be.

Overall, Wysterian rulership is certainly light: somewhat of a burgeoning territory, we are more concerned with all members being able to expand, explore, and make the best use of their resources. Strict mining laws, for example, do not exceed the practical health and safety requirements; we know that a miner working in savanna soil of Gallen might have a different idea of the best way to plot mining tunnels than one in the sandstone of Chester-le-ford, and plan our laws accordingly.

The Wysterian Parliament:

- How many players your liege has?

Wysteria is home to two: the stalwart Count Merry and the aforementioned Biakko. Both are currently working on the construction of towns. Their placement means that, in the vast lands, prospective vassals can find either a tight-night and supportive community with friends nearby, or take a fancy to a more far-flung location.

- What is your liege's motto and what is the reason for it?

"In labor, as in all else, success through perspective." An old maxim, thought to have originated from early Laborate colonists. Wysteria recognizes the value in obtaining as much perspective and as many perspectives as possible: seeking other's opinions on how to perform a task, for example. The Wysterian crest, emblazoned with a gold astrolabe, symbolizes both Adam's original journey by boat to new horizons (my entry to the Old World and Hermertia), and the eternal voyage in search of new ideas.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

Last edited by Wysterian Labourer's Council on August 14th, 2015, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 11:47 pm 
Duke

Ah, I just realized you meant in-lore government. Casadian government is a meritocracy, that is to say Casadian leaders are selected by a council of elders based on their accomplishments. This council of elders is composed of old leaders of various parts of the government that have retired due to age. A meritocracy allows Casadia to avoid the corruption inherent in most democracy and the inevitably poor leadership of feudal systems.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 12:56 am 
Duke

Also, further expanding on what I wrote before, once a leader has been chosen for a position, they rule more or less autocratically. If they fail to do well in their position, the council of elders can choose to replace them.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 4:45 pm 
Count

I'm still waiting a little bit to choose a liege, both casadia and wysteria seem really interesting, so i'm still deciding.

As promised here are some screenshots of my builds. these are not proper builds, but some architectural concepts I like using and have discovered over the years.

This is from my creative world, its my version of a blacksmith.

a concept wacthtower, all of the buildings in this world followed one material pattern: netherbrick for ceilings and details, and stone for struture integrity.

A quartz throne.

A quartz and marble ceiling, I was going for a more royal style here.

This is what I call a "minecraft gothic roof" the idea is to increase the altitude to make the roof more threatening and protected.

Last but not least, I built this last night. I like the idea of temples and altars, i will make the description of this build like a lovecraftian tomb explorer.

Through the world, hellish and otherwordly cults build their unholy temples as a tribute to their unnamable gods.

It is theorized that this temple was used as a summoning altar for one of the most blasphemous entities of our world: the wither.

the design implies a blend between two worlds, as if the granite pyramid warped inside the diorite one from an unfamiliar plane.

Here we can see the sacrifice altar, where the priests used to kill innocent in the name of the blasphemous entity.

Although the exterior of this place is filled with the dark stench of death, the true horrors lied in the undertemple: a complex system of passages resembling a labyrinth filled with deadly traps, used to torture both physically and psychologically the damned souls unlucky enough to be captured by the priests.

what do you guys think?

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 5:15 pm 
Count

I love your style, you've got some pretty neat concepts in there.

I look forward to see you in game, whichever liege you choose! (Wysteria! Wysteria! Wysteria!)

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 5:56 pm 
Count

as of now I have three proposals: Kaine, casadia and wysteria.

All of you offer great lands and good rulerships, I must say the decision was hard. But nevertheless it had to be made.

I have choosen casadia, I will follow the path of the unburnt, really liked that the motto is based in the religion of the people, I think in these lands I will find answers about myself and the purpose I have in life.

I do thank kaine and wysteria for offering a home in their lands, know that you and your people will be welcomed in any place I call home since you were willing to accept me as one of yours, I hope in the future I can visit your lands and exchange stories over a tankard of ale.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 6:44 pm 
King

*airhorn of approval*

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 7:31 pm 
King

An excellent choice good sir. Aurennis should be along to offer you the IP and the details of how he's going to get you to Casadia from the spawn city of Concordia

PostPosted: August 15th, 2015, 8:08 pm 
Duke

I am humbled by your choice, good sir. Casadia shall not let you down!

As for getting you to Casadia, I away from home at the moment, but I will be back early tomorrow evening (around 5pm EST). I will get on as soon as possible and guide you to Casadia. Also we need your Minecraft username so we can whitelist you. I look forward to meeting you in game!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next