All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 12:46 pm 
King

Real life does suck and it hoovers up the time that people have.

I got a short message from Kyn the other night, and he has said that the approval of myself is enough to sway his vote. King Kyn, King Scrios and myself have been " Brothers of Valyria " ( A term of enormous respect between our two nations, Perth and Valtoros, which form the greater Realm of Valyria) for a number of years now, and as such their confidence in my ability to put the server's interests at the forefront of my actions is unmatched.

In the interest of not making people wait for ages unnecessarily, King Kyn officially extends his vote through me. He has been, along with Scrios, extremely busy in a business venture IRL, and accompanying other stuff that has meant their spare time is at a premium.

As the old saying goes, there are Ebbs and Flows when it comes to play time!

Anyway. Welcome to Hermertia. This place is awesome and you're gonna love it.

May the liege offers commence!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 1:10 pm 
Duke

I cast a vote as right hand of Kyn, King of Valtoros.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 1:23 pm 
King

Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, I and a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a great land in the making. Accompanied by my stalwart vassal Count Merry, and joined by the excellent Biakko O’Kleefe, we have taken great strides and would love for you to join us!

With the goal of one day becoming a powerful realm, fast progress is being made. The foundations for the great city of Gallen are being laid as I write this, with work already complete on the hilltop walls and the sprawling docks that will form the core of its economic and trading hub; meanwhile, the plains are home to Biakko's fast expanding town of Chester-le-Ford and, farther off, Merry's burgeoning county. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, and swampland. With Merry, Biakko, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both close support and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the beginnings of a new history.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria’s location circled. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong ties with Ertia (not far to the north of us) and are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

A slightly outdated shot of Gallen’s dock’s under construction: complete with two cranes, market stalls, and ore processing, the city looks on track to become an economic hub. Special facilitie have also been created to host fishing derbies in the future – these are spur-of-the-moment contests we have to see who can fish the best loot in a short period of time, and they are a blast!

A sample of the varied geography that makes Wysteria such an interesting location: Gallen’s town proper is set to be constructed on one such plateaux as shown here; separated by winding rivers that lead to murky swamps, leafy forests, and sweltering deserts, we have it all!

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay)

As to your requests, I would leave it up to you to decide what best suited your interests; whether it would be founding your own county, travelling Wysteria to construct builds, or anything else. I would also be able to guarantee as much support as you need: Wyesteria has been propelled to economic success through such industrial innovations as our Beacon Mines, ensuring full coffers and plentiful resources.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! In the meantime, I’m sure others will be making offers too; good luck in choosing!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 2:20 pm 
Duke

¡Felicidades! Has sido aceptado en el servidor. Creo que tú tenerías éxito como un miembro de los Casadianos. He incluido un mapa de los territorios de Casadia abajo:

En los territorios hay una variedad de biomas. Hay selvas y montañas en el sur y el oeste, y bosques y llanuras en el este. Ya he construido un camino a lo larga de mi frontera norteña desde Secara hasta mi frontera en el este. Si te unas a Casadia, te dé todos los recursos y las herramientas que necesitarías. Y si en el futuro querría partir de Casadia y ser un señor independiente, yo no te detendría. Hay una colección de fotos de mis ciudades y pueblos aquí (http://imgur.com/a/S1z1t) si tú quieras verlas. También yo contestaré cualquier pregunta que tienes. Buena suerte con la elección de tu señor!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 11:55 pm 
King

I just thought I'd share a few additional and up-to-date shots of Wysteria, now that I've had the benfit of a bit of time in which to take them when I got home from some volunteer work today.

A shot of the portal destination for the under-construction capital of Gallen: the middle of the docks. One of our two shipping cranes is featured as the hilltop walls of Gallen are in display. The region is a savannah plateau, with many of the flat-topped hills making perfect sites for great builds with a commanding view..

Image A wider shot of the docks, showing off the second crane, currently gearing up for use in transporting a lumber shipment to a top-of-the-line merchant vessel built with the generous aid of the shipwrights of the Ilmenite Coast. The goods warehouse and market stalls are also featured; the region is already a hotbed of commerce for the area.

A shot of the nether line linking Gallen and Wysteria to the main southern line; stretching just over 2000 blocks, this able accomplishment of engineering was made possible by the talents of Biakko, who from day one oversaw with great energy the construction of the line (i.e built it herself in two weeks, cause she's awesome :) )

Just a bit more of a look at Wysteria!

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 2:45 pm 
Count

WOW thank you for accepting me! I'm really excited of what the different lieges can offer in terms of geography, I really like to build lore based on the in-game places.

I would like to ask these questions to everyone that offers its liege to make my decision:

- How would you describe the goverment (in-lore)of your liege, are you an iron fist ruler over your peasents, is there any type of democracy?

- How many players your liege has?

- What is your liege's motto and what is the reason for it?

Now as I'm accepted in this realms m'lords I will carefully see all the possible lieges to seek one I can call home. My goals right now are not of glory or loot, but just to settle down and begin a new life in this new world. I'll wait a fortnight (Just until saturday haha) to make a decision, thank you m'lords.

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 3:49 pm 
King

I would love to answer your questions, as I'm excited to tell you a bit about Wysteria's unique governemnt and lore; however, I won't be able to until about 5 pm EST. So my response is coming!

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 4:37 pm 
King

Feel free to come on mumble, I'll pm you the details, if you wait in the chat room, someone will come on at some point in time. :D

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 5:00 pm 
Duke

To put it frankly I'd say that there is no true lore forms of democracy, however some lieges are much more lenient Kati for one always takes into account what her serfs and counts want before she decides on anything and never ever is unwilling to discuss a proposition.
On to the second question I technically have about 7 vassals though only one is truly active right now so in reality I have one active vassal.
And the third, well I guess her motto is this "The glory of Kaine shall rise again." this is because she is hoping to create a new Kingdom for the Kairatites to live in after living for thousands of years underground.
That is all.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 5:02 pm 
Duke

"Welcome to Hermertia Avalon, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next