All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 24th, 2018, 6:43 pm 

Hello, you may call me Nephist. I would love to be a part of this community due to the fact that it is rich in lore and history, and because the lot of you seem very friendly and awesome. Roleplay has been an interest of mine for a few years now. I would definitely enjoy exploring the map, going around the different cities and learning about the unique cultures that I may indulge in if I am accepted. I would love to join in on this one of a kind game-play experience that I am sure I wouldn't find anywhere else on Minecraft. I'm really just looking to have a great adventure in game and create some memories that I will never forget. I found this server through Reddit.

My goals: I would love to have a liege to teach me the in's and out's of the server, but I will not make my knightly vows to just any person. I will begin as a squire, being taught by some friendly liege, and probably go off around the world as a wayfaring knight. Of course, it will be some time before I am knighted by a specific liege or king. My loyalty is great, and that is exactly why I am reluctant to vow my services to a person in the beginning of my journey. In short, I would like to be a wayfaring knight, eventually settling down around my favorite lands - if the nobility there accept me. As I would be an Östron, I would be more inclined to settle down somewhere Southeast, but who knows what will happen?

As for skills and talents, I am not the best fighter, but I may hold my own in a battle. 1.12+ combat I have experienced for a good amount of time, and I feel that I may face others who threaten my future liege. I am also a fair writer, I would think. Writing books in-game does not bore me if it is about a topic I am passionate about. I am excited to jump into the server's lore. Really, I have been playing Minecraft on and off for some years now, and, in general, I am familiar with the game - collecting ore, wood, killing monsters around the world. I am also an astute explorer: the type of person to go to each of the four corners of the map.

- Lore -

To describe myself, Nephist Dering, in three words, it would be loyal, honorable, and compassionate. I am aged sixteen years, and my place of birth would be in the Imperial Isle, I think so. My parents, I believe, are to be dead or missing. I was left at the gate of a town covered in rags at birth, apparently. Struggles in my life ensued. I lacked a stable home until about the young age of eight, where a local Lord took me in as a page. Just two years ago, I became a squire, where I served a young knight who was killed in a duel with a brutish orc. Sir Hayne, he was called, had his helmet smashed in from this demonic beast. Blood freely flowed in between the cracks of his plate armor. The so-valiant knight dropped to the ground and shook violently. The orc, who resembled the devil, began to rush at me. I was teary-eyed, and I did the worst thing a squire could do: I ran.

Not to the castle, nor the village, but I ran.. away. I did not know where I was going, or where I am now. I am deadly hungry. I have tried to hang myself with my own clothes under a great willow tree. To the next kingdom I shall encounter, if I live, I will be loyal to them for the time being, if not, then forever.

Östron Spiritualism - the nature that surrounds us - is the most real religion of them all. The trees you can touch, the feeling of their age-old bark against your hands. The way the grass tickles your toes. Through it all, when I was placed in front of that gate, I felt the grass touch my back. It made me think that everything would be okay in the end.

Yet here I am, a young boy of just sixteen, bringing dishonor into my life. Who has ever heard of a squire that has betrayed his master? But those who meet me will not know of that, and I will just be a boy whose luck has brought him down - that I was attacked by bandits on the road and was driven across the country escaping them.

Yes, yes, this will be my story to those who I encounter, and I will become a squire again, and bring myself up in this world. I will show the spirits that I am to be a wholly benevolent and honorable boy, and those who will help me in life will see my transformation into a man - eventually into one of the greatest knights that the Mercurian Empire has ever seen.

And what of my former services to the local Lord? To the knight that I have so dishonorably left dying?

And what of my parents' disappearance? Are they even alive?

I suppose we shall find out together.

- Out of Lore -

A really big inspiration for my character is The Code of Chivalry and the legends of King Arthur. Another notable classic is Robin Hood and his band of merry men. Author Howard Pyle does a fantastic job of putting collecting these various stories/myths and putting them together into entire books. I will try my best to have my character stick to Östron Spiritualism as well as the Code of Chivalry (in most ways). He will obviously be very honorable. His alignment will be strictly lawful good.

I am looking for a server to have some great roleplay on and call my home. Parts of my story may seem iffy and questionable now, but I assure you I will take the time to learn through the lore from time and experience spent on the server if I am to be accepted. Thank you for taking the time to read through this. Have a good day.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 3:48 am 
King

Welcome to the server!

A few standard questions for you!

- How did you find out about us?
- How do you know about the realms and the religion you chose?
- How much do you understand about the Liege/Vassal system?
- Do you have discord and engage in voice chat?
- What is your in game name so we can whitelist you eventually once accepted?
- What is your favourite soda type?
- How old are you and where in the world are you from?

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Any questions just ask!

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 4:10 am 

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
Welcome to the server!

A few standard questions for you!

- How did you find out about us?
- How do you know about the realms and the religion you chose?
- How much do you understand about the Liege/Vassal system?
- Do you have discord and engage in voice chat?
- What is your in game name so we can whitelist you eventually once accepted?
- What is your favourite soda type?
- How old are you and where in the world are you from?

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Any questions just ask!

- I found out about this server through Reddit.
- I educated myself through the Imperial Library which you can find at the top of the site.
- I understand it thoroughly, I would say I am pretty familiar with the system. I am not a historian by any means, though.
- Yes, I have Discord and can engage in voice chat.
- My in-game name is "Nephist".
- My favorite soda is Ginger Ale.
- I am sixteen years old and I am from the United States.

Thank you!

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 4:22 am 
King

Thanks for replying. I'll get you in discord at some point as well so we can get to know you a bit more before you get on.

What drew you to the ostrons in particular?

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 4:27 am 

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
Thanks for replying. I'll get you in discord at some point as well so we can get to know you a bit more before you get on.

What drew you to the ostrons in particular?

Mainly the fact that they are human and that they are inherently religious. A knight, or one with consistent values can appreciate that.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 4:32 am 
King

what do you know of the other faiths in the Empire?

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 4:45 am 

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
what do you know of the other faiths in the Empire?

Of course I have looked at the other religions - but none of them have appealed to me so much as Östron Spiritualism. The Path of the Unburnt or Ertian Reflectivism don't really have the same religious intensity as I want in a religion, like a set of defined rules to follow everywhere. I feel that I can really expand on my current religion anyways.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 5:01 am 
King

You might have a new sect perhaps or some kind of offshoot you mean ? Would be worth exploring and interesting to see where you'd take it!

Do you see yourself as having your own Realm carved out after attaining Countship under a liege, or perhaps rising to Duke status under a liege before going off to make your own destiny in some far off uncolonised area on the map?

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 5:09 am 

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
You might have a new sect perhaps or some kind of offshoot you mean ? Would be worth exploring and interesting to see where you'd take it!

Do you see yourself as having your own Realm carved out after attaining Countship under a liege, or perhaps rising to Duke status under a liege before going off to make your own destiny in some far off uncolonised area on the map?

I definitely see myself having my own realm carved out after attaining Countship under a liege, however, if I explore and fall in love with a certain unexplored region, I might try to colonize it.

I plan to stay loyal to my liege in some way if he/she is in fact truly benevolent and working towards the greater good of the Mercurian Empire, though.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2018, 6:54 am 
King

Fantastic so far.

What led you to find us out, is this your first time online on a server?