All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 3:04 pm 
King

I would like to offer you a permanent home in the Kingdom of Pyrencia. We are the newest kingdom, forged by many hands out of the wilds of the south of hermertia. Still driven by the furnace of expansion, we have a strong sense of community and are very fond of working on builds. While you would have a good deal of autonomy under me, rest assured i would only be right around the corner should you require assisstance, and i am always very active in helping my vassals out.

An old(ish) map of my first duchy

Second duchy (also old-ish)

This is the only copy of my third duchy i can find >.< and you can only see the bottom point of my fourth duchy (ignore the seven)

We do have access to a wide variety of biomes for use here. Both small and large builds are appreciated, though as I mentioned we do tend to work alot in groups whenever possible, unless someone very much prefers solitude. Also, we have been known for our strangeness at time, for almost never brewing potions. We simply have such short lifespans that most of us do not bother, and many of our scholars have other matters they focus on. Perhaps even if you do not choose to settle here, you might be interested in giving a course on the subject to some of my scholars?

http://imgur.com/a/kteNa
That is Damor, a town built by my previous vassal Celestine

http://imgur.com/a/githT
An album of Edhevrand before it was finished, missing the housing, castle and the city walls. Though there is a shot of one of my first characters on the server, IgnisBlade

As always, best of luck in selecting a liege-lord. Make sure you take the time to find a liege that suits you, but i hope to see you on the server soon. Carthi va'nothe!

Also, to answer your other questions preemptively;
1) are there any taxes/levies required of serfs in your region?
No, furthermore, i generally use a free-form sort of resource allotment, my vassals can use anything for building that i place in the mass storage facilities in Edhevrand or Faidel, as long as they try to replace it later or put something else in its place. i.e. if you have a lot of stone, but need wood, drop some stone off and take some wood and call it a day

2) do you have an exact number (or rough guess) of the current population of your region? Quite frankly I do not. A census of Pyrencia is on my lists of things to do, or make sure get done, but i have been quite busy with recent construction projects, and dammit, my people just die so quickly. We only live to be about 35 most of the time anyways

3) if you had to describe your region in 3 words, what would you say?
Community, Expansion, Robust

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 3:11 pm 
Duke

I am here to offer a place under myself in Isilioth!

First things first, this would be the first time I would be receiving a vassal. I don't think it would effect anything but you know. Just a warning.

On to the offering part.

I currently take up residence in that big yellow blob in the middle so of course I have a large amount of room to build eventually, since most of it is completely untouched by the previous owner (the inactive King Robert). I am currently living in a small swatch of extreme hills on the border of Perth. Nearby, where you would have the ability to build at first, would be a forest, more extreme hills and some snowy biome I have yet to see myself so I'm not entirely sure what exactly is over there.

You would basically have the freedom to build what you'd like and my resources of course would be open to your use as well. Practically yours even. Anything that you gather or make will also be yours if you so wish. Also you are by no means stuck there with me. As soon as you become a count you may leave to go off on whatever adventures you want. Whatever the case you will always have a safe place to rest your head and eat in Isilioth if needed.

I hope to see you in game soon.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 4:22 pm 
King

No, I don't impose taxes on my vassals; I, like a number of others, use a fairly free system of resource allocation. You would keep all the resources you were to collect, and have free use of communal resources such as all farms, animal pens, and a future double-blaze grinder.

I would estimate the population of Wysteria at around 2000; much of it still comprised of colonists: we're at the turn of the generation and will be seeing a Wysterian-born generation soon.

In three words: Opportunity; blank canvas

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 4:23 pm 
Duke

I don't think anyone imposes taxes :P So that shouldn't be a problem

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 4:34 pm 
Count

To add to Nicholas' response, there is also a skeleton grinder set up in Chester-le-Ford; a settlement I am building about a thousand blocks away from Gallen. The grinder was graciously built by Duchess Samaia Almandine of Perth, and its usage is open to all my fellow Wysterian and allies.

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 7:11 pm 
Duke

I wish to offer you a home in Kaine but at this moment am quite busy at the camp I work at, I can write something up this evening if you don't mind waiting... so please wait until then if possible :)

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 10:23 pm 
King

Hello there! I'm King Arjen III of the Kingdom of Ertia. I'd also love to offer you a place in my Kingdom. Your tale especially intrigues me because Ertians have been interested in the healing arts for many ages, and my capital, Florae, has a great deal of flora that have been found to have healing properties of certain varieties. In our newest settlement, Amora, we even have plans to build, what I believe to be, the first large hospital in the Empire. As a physician, your skills would certainly be appreciated in the Kingdom. I'll take some time to answer some of the questions you posed.

1) are there any taxes/levies required of serfs in your region?
Nope! Ertia prides itself, like many other nations, on being tax free. We do collect iron generator taxes, as that is an Empire wide tax used to help fund construction of the Imperial City, but other than that you are free to use your collected resources as you see fit!

2) do you have an exact number (or rough guess) of the current population of your region?
This would be difficult to say exactly, as Ertia has never had an official census. I would think that our largest city, Florae, would probably have upwards of 10,000-15,000 people living there at any one time.

3) if you had to describe your region in 3 words, what would you say?
Progress & beautiful architecture

I'll post some pictures of the various large cities in Ertia for your viewing pleasure :)
The newly founded city of Amora. A co-build with my ally Count Atryl of DorEryn.
The walls and entrance to the city of Florae, capital of my Kingdom.
The city of Three Rivers, located in western Ertia.

The Kingdom would appreciate someone with your ability and prestige, and I would love to have you as my vassal.

For Glory!

King Arjen III

of River's End

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 10:36 pm 
Duke

*A stout fellow with pale white skin and purple tattoos suddenly appears on horseback and hops off quickly* "Vegeuros, correct? Take this." *He hands you a letter and hops back on his horse* "Send it too Kaines leader Kati Thanort, Gimpy III."
"Welcome to Hermertia Vegeuros, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!"

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 11:54 pm 
King

I just thought I'd share a few additional and up-to-date shots of Wysteria, now that I've had the benfit of a bit of time in which to take them when I got home from some volunteer work today.

A shot of the portal destination for the under-construction capital of Gallen: the middle of the docks. One of our two shipping cranes is featured as the hilltop walls of Gallen are in display. The region is a savannah plateau, with many of the flat-topped hills making perfect sites for great builds with a commanding view..

Image A wider shot of the docks, showing off the second crane, currently gearing up for use in transporting a lumber shipment to a top-of-the-line merchant vessel built with the generous aid of the shipwrights of the Ilmenite Coast. The goods warehouse and market stalls are also featured; the region is already a hotbed of commerce for the area.

A shot of the nether line linking Gallen and Wysteria to the main southern line; stretching just over 2000 blocks, this able accomplishment of engineering was made possible by the talents of Biakko, who from day one oversaw with great energy the construction of the line (i.e built it herself in two weeks, cause she's awesome :) )

Just a bit more of a look at Wysteria!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 14th, 2015, 3:57 am 
Duke

Also I should answer your questions :p
1. I have no taxes in my lands and I never have. Quite the opposite in fact I'm always willing to give to my vassals what they need should I have it!

2. As others have stated this is a very tough question at one time I would have estimated over 16,000 however since the dark ages the population has dropped to likely closer to 12,000.

3. Expansive, Exploration, Teamwork

Duke of Kaine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next