All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 10:34 pm 
Duke

Good morn my good sirs!
My name is Vegeuros Cersil and I have travelled far to be here at your gates.

My story starts several years ago when I first came to prominence in the realm of Ardor as the chief physician of King Laron III. For many years I was trusted and kept comfortable within the splendour of the kingdoms main castle. I take great pride in claiming to have tended to the kings wounds during 3 terrible battles, one of which was life threatening, as well as overseeing the birth of crown princes Lohg and Lleadale.

Alas, life could not continue to be so fine. One night, I was approached by several nobles from the region who expressed their desire to rebel and overthrow the King. Apparently there was discontent with a recent rise in corn taxes.
As a well kept courtier with no complaints, I rebuffed the traitors and made it known I would not assist them in their endeavours, swearing allegiance to the king who had treated me so well. Before I could inform the king and his guard of the proposed rebellion, I was held captive in my quarters and forced to wait while the rebellion was underway and the royal family butchered.

Taking advantage of a sentry’s carelessness, I was able to escape the castle and leave Ardor, travelling north for this last year, seeking new lands and new opportunities.

I eagerly ask you to include me in your kingdom and its rich lore. I have been involved with several minecraft servers before, and while all had some form of role-play, none had the depth or story I am seeking.
I can offer my time and my skill in architecture, having much practice building villages and towns, both with other players and also on my own.

Thank you for your time

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 10:57 pm 
Duke

A tragic tale. Many have fled to the Mercurian Empire to escape war and chaos beyond our borders. I hope you are able to lead a happy and fulfilling life within our empire, as others have.

Lore off: an excellent start to your lore! I look forward to learning more about your character. Also, do you have any screenshots of previous builds? I'd love to see your build style!

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 3:58 am 
Duke

Welcome to Hermertia! Glad to see more people applying, just a few questions, any favourite biomes you have? And your character is he one who would strike off on his own to create a settlement or be a permanent vassal for a liege Lord?

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 4:07 am 
King

Greetings! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement and /u/Captain_Mayday, if you've found us through our recent reddit advertising.

As a matter of course, to start out I'll point you in the direction of our FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192. If you haven't seen it already, it offers a good introduction to the basic principles and traditions of the Mercurian Empire. You may also want to check out our Applicant Introduction, where I go in-depth on the application process: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58.

Now, on to your application!

As others have said, many a stranger has reached us who hails from a nation far to our south; what many realms there must be, undiscovered by us, past our great Border Mountains! A such, we have a long tradition of welcoming those who have found their way to us; I have no doubt our trend will continue.

I see you are a gifted physician? Does this indicate an affinity with the arts of potion-making, perhaps? In any case, I look forward to learning more about you good sir: did Vegeuros have a family? How far did he travel and how was the journey?

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a few questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Does Avalon have any special skills he could bring to Hermertia? (Redstone engineering, architecture, farming, you name it.)
-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?
-Do you have any past builds you could show off?

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 8:38 am 
Duke

I would class my building style as ‘Functional, yet aesthetically rustic/medieval’.
Unfortunately I am unable to access the gallery from my old server, but I have found an image showing part of a small hamlet I built some time ago:

http://imgur.com/jLVvq98

I do not have a favourite biome, each have their pros and cons for building both large and small structures. I have mostly dealt with forest or plains biomes as they are most common, but I will gladly build whatever is required wherever it is needed.

The idea of founding a new settlement under my control which I can call my own does sound appealing, but for the right Lord i would gladly become a vassal.

As a physician I am skilled in the ways of potion making. All of the standard potions I can make without issue. While studying under my maester during my tuition, I created several new potions with vast healing abilities. sadly, these recipes were lost during my upheaval and eventual exile from Ardor. I am working on recreating these useful potions.
My minor during my tutelage was architecture. I enjoyed building structures both large and small and I am pleased to say I scored very highly on my final exams for building.
Given the chance I would like to be involved in building some larger structures, either as part of a team or alone.

In the event that there was conflict between myself and another over building rights to a certain patch of land, my first instinct would be to appeal to the appropriate lord or lady who oversaw the land in question and ask them to make an equitable decision. If this is not possible I would negotiate with the other party until a reasonable solution could be found. If the other party were hostile or unreasonable, I would simply move away and find another area to build. Sometimes it is better to be the bigger man in such situations.

At one point I was married to a great beauty named Aleess, but during the rebellion I was separated from her and from what I had managed to gather afterwards, she was married off to a rich nobleman. I do miss her greatly.

- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 12:00 pm 
Duke

Your answers are satisfactory for me, you have my vote friend! I'll make a bill in the house of dukes.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 5:02 pm 
Duke

Greetings! I quite like your lore and the hamlet is incredibly adorable. You have my vote for sure, sir! ;)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 5:32 pm 
Duke

Thank you both kindly!

- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 11:33 pm 
King

Ave allies.

Hand of the king to lord Scrios of Perth, I bid you welcome to our home.

Your answers are satisfactory in the fullest and as my good friends have mentioned already, you have my vote.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Feel free to post on any other forum you want to say something in. We like new people taking an interest and getting involved.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2015, 6:38 am 
King

I cast the Pyrencian Royal vote in your favor

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741