All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Roglars' Application
PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 7:23 pm 
Count

Hey everyone, my Name is Roglar, I'm 25 years old and from Germany.
If been playing Minecraft since the beginning and in the last couple of months I've been playing on another server. Unfortunately they've been adding more and more plugins over the past months and thereby distancing the game more in more from the vanilla flare, which was the reason I've joined it in the first place. I really love the medival flare, which is the reason I got intrested in the Hermetia Server, when I saw a post about it on reddit. Until now my experience with rp minecraft is next to zero, but I started playing Pen&Paper a decade ago and I hope this will help me to fit in.

Now to my character:

All my live long I loved stone. They sight of it, no matter if it was muddy and scratched or polished, until you could nearly use it as a mirror. The touch if it, which sometimes would give me a glimpse of the secret at it's core. Which I could pull out by clearing away all the unneccessary layers around it to show the world the beauty, hidden inside. Even the smell of stone, all kinds of stone, could sometimes tantalize me into a near trance state, to the point where I would lose myself in my work, forget to eat, to drink and to sleep until my work was finished.

My whole life I've worked and lived under the heart of the greatest and most majestic mountain on the surface of the world, the Rangosh. Unfortunatly my luck left me a couple of moon turns ago, when I was working for the royal house to finish a new arch, which would crown the new passage between the Great Hall and one of the Ancestor Halls. On the day of the great opening ceremony a parade was hold. It was lead by king Ragnar himself, riding his favorite boar Borgosch, a beautiful black furred animal with eyes shining with intelligence. And here comes the turning point of this, my story. Since the parade had to be held on the founding day of our kingdom to praise our founding fathers, our ancestors, I was forced to prematurely finish the arch to be on time for the great anniversary. Maybe the mortar was not totally dry yet or in my haste, I made a mistake while setting the arch voussoir. While the King was riding through the new archway the mountain trembled, which is normal event for everyone living under the Rangosch. Alas on this day it was ten times stronger then the usual soft rumble. My work was not up to the task. First there were cracks in the arch and with a sudden burst of stone and not quite dry mortar, the whole arch went done. Luckily no person was killed, but and this is a big but, the arch voussoi hit the royal boar on the head and split it wide open. It didn't suffer but it died.

Everyone one, who has ever met the king, knows that he is lightly enraged and the death of is favorite boar was more then enough to push him into a killing franzy. Luckily I know many secret passages through our kingdom, which gave me the possibility to flee. I left my home in haste with nothing other than my clothes on. I took the first passage I could find in the human settlement close to my hometown and sailed into the open sea to an unkown destination. After many days we finally reached the coast of Pyrencia, where we made landfall.

With nothing, which I can call my own, I will try to make a living in this new exotic land. I'm still scared about the open land and this blue ceiling, which seems so fare away, but I will do everything in my power to continue my life's work to breathe life into stone and to show the world it's radiating beauty.

Post subject: Re: Roglars' Application
PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 7:59 pm 
King

Greetings! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm Duke Nicholas, your Minister for Applications and Settlement and /u/Captain_Mayday from reddit.

As a matter of course, to start out I'll point you in the direction of our FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192. If you haven't seen it already, it offers a good introduction to the basic principles and traditions of the Mercurian Empire. You may also want to check out our Applicant Introduction, where I go in-depth on the application process: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58.

Now, on to your application!

Your tale is similar to ones I have heard for a long time; it seems that there are many realms far to the south of our great Border Mountains that remain unknown to us save for the occasional former resident who, through some way of another, has found their way to us. With that history of meeting those from far-away realms, we also have a tradition of welcoming them: I look forward to learning more about you good sir.

As to your lore: I personally always love to see a solid beginning in terms of lore; you have certainly fulfilled that! I look forward to learning more about Roglar; did he have a family? What does he hope to achieve in Hermertia? If architecture is what he's after, our Aedifican's Guild, run by the able Samaia Alamandine, focuses on fostering great builds throughout the Empire.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a few questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Does Roglar have any special skills he could bring to Hermertia? I see that the work of stone and architecture is something of an art to him; would he be interested in committing much of his time to mining, or perhaps building?
-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?
-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?
-Do you have any past builds you could show off?

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 8:02 pm 
Duke

First off, welcome to Hermertia! So happy to have you here. I really enjoy your lore and will think up some questions for you, if you have questions I can also answer those :) I guess my first question is: What is your favourite biome to build in? Do you like any of the new ones or are you a classic desert and Plains builder?

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 8:36 pm 
Count

I would like to build something in a Mega Taiga. So fare I've mostly build in the default biomes. Besides being a skilled stonemason, Roglar was educated in engineering and has a high affinity to use hidden contraptions for the daily life.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 8:53 pm 
Duke

Excellent lore! As someone who loves working underground and with stone in Minecraft, I look forward to hearing more from you! Do you have any screenshots of past builds? I would love to see some of your past work.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 9:35 pm 
Duke

What he said^ I'd also love to see some builds and I've been thinking of building some sort of ravine city at some point so stone is a huge build material for me

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 9:59 pm 
Count

http://imgur.com/a/T3mpn

It's my recent project for a new base. It's an Item sorter for every stackable item in the game. The machine is working, but I havent finished the surroundings yet and if my application is approved I probably wont finish it.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2015, 10:59 pm 
Duke

That looks really cool! You definitely have a knack for building!

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 4:29 am 
King

Haha if you love stone its good you landed in Pyrencia, traveller

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 7:36 pm 
Count

Would it be possible to join you on mumble? I really want to play Minecraft right now, but my motivation to keep playing on my old server is kinda low right now while I'm waiting for approval here ^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next