All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 1:04 pm 
Settler

Hi, I was browsing the r/mcservers subreddit when I stumbled across this server, and it has peaked my interest.

Well let's start off with why this server intruiged me so much. The unique style of gameplay this server offers is definetly something special, something I've never seen before in the four years I have been playing this game. And I like that. If I do get accepted on here, I'd be sure to definitely make something good come of it with my own experiences and ambitions.

I would start off small, young, and inexperienced, but at the end of it all I want to be at the highest point I can be, if not higher. This starts with hard work in the beginning, because the harder and smarter you work the more you will appreciate the result. I've always had this ideal in my mind, with my schoolwork and my outlook on life. It's just something I picked up through my own thoughts and questions. I'll say it right now, I have a dream, I want to become a king in the lands of Hermertia someday, but I know what I must do and am aware of the long road that lay ahead. Of course, I would start out in a liege and start by working basic job and eventually building counties. Then when I feel I have worked hard enough and achieved a large number of things I'd set off on my own, and work even harder to set up my own kingdom with approval of the council.

I enjoy building things from the ground up, and looking at the finished product and thinking "Wow, that build was definitely worth the hard work and time I put into it". This proves my point in the previous paragraph, of when I appreciate things more when you have worked hard and long for grueling amounts of time to get your goals achieved. I wouldn't call myself the best builder around, but I've got my own style I work with. I'm quite adequate with redstone, as I know a bit more than the average Minecraft player, but I don't do much of it. I'm more of a builder when it comes to this game, I especially like building natural things and landscaping the terrain and giving it a backstory as to why it is the way it is. Here is a photograph of one of my builds: (Shown below) https://imgur.com/9ZTtDO9.

I have not done much thinking about my lore, I don't even know the name of my character yet. Perhaps I'll name him Jonathan. But I know I want him to come from a poor backround, and perhaps an athiest, believing in no god as he questions religion, or blames god for being born into a poverty stricken household and cursed with having to see his mother work so hard to death every day. His mother will die one day and he will set out on his own, eventually ending up in the lands of Hermertia, and he will have a dream, a dream of becoming a king one day. A dream where he will one day appreciate the pride he has gained in the hard work he has done to get to that point. He is someone to take pride and responsibility for his actions and own up to everything he's ever done or built. I will make much more lore as I go along, but this is just the structure I want to work around.

Please tell me if there's anything that I missed in the FAQ, thank you.

(edit by sam, here's the picture embedded!)

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 3:17 pm 
King

Welcome good sir, to the lands of Hermertia!

I read over your application and I like your dedication. It was made very clear and I like a driven individual when it comes to building and participating in our fair Empire.

I liked your house that you've shown us here, I might edit the post and make it embedded so people can see it easier, done!

So where are you from, tell us a bit about yourself as a player, and then if you have more of an idea about your character (which by the way, there is no rush to make anything concrete). What you have so far is a good base but of course you can change anytime you want to another character.

Some questions also:

- If you had a conflict with another player, how would you wish to resolve it?
- How are you with building with others in 'co-builds' ?
- Are you ready to explore, theres places even I havent seen on the server and I've been here for almost 4 years!
- What is your favourite power tool?
- We're a gaming community as well as a Minecraft Community, what other games are you into ? We play PUBG, Overwatch, Civ V and Civ VI, Guns of Icarus, and some of us have Xbox or PS4 as well for a few other games.
- And last but not least, have you ever played any RPG games before like Dungeon World or Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons. We've done a few in the past and are looking to do a few more in time also!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 9:04 pm 
Settler

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
Welcome good sir, to the lands of Hermertia!

I read over your application and I like your dedication. It was made very clear and I like a driven individual when it comes to building and participating in our fair Empire.

I liked your house that you've shown us here, I might edit the post and make it embedded so people can see it easier, done!

So where are you from, tell us a bit about yourself as a player, and then if you have more of an idea about your character (which by the way, there is no rush to make anything concrete). What you have so far is a good base but of course you can change anytime you want to another character.

Some questions also:

- If you had a conflict with another player, how would you wish to resolve it?
- How are you with building with others in 'co-builds' ?
- Are you ready to explore, theres places even I havent seen on the server and I've been here for almost 4 years!
- What is your favourite power tool?
- We're a gaming community as well as a Minecraft Community, what other games are you into ? We play PUBG, Overwatch, Civ V and Civ VI, Guns of Icarus, and some of us have Xbox or PS4 as well for a few other games.
- And last but not least, have you ever played any RPG games before like Dungeon World or Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons. We've done a few in the past and are looking to do a few more in time also!

Hi, thank you for the response.

I'm from the Eastern part of the United States, and I am a Junior in High school, but I am very active when it comes to playing Minecraft. I'm someone who works hard and efficiently, which of course leaves me a lot of free time to come online and enjoy the things I like doing in my offtime. Now I have done a bit of thinking about my character, and I definitely do not want to name him after my Minecraft username (JonathanJoestar), since is is based from an already existing character from another person's work, so I'd like it to be original. I will think of some more backstory/lore and improve on it as we progress through this post and further on.

If a time came where there would be conflict, RP or not, I would try to find the most agreeable way to solve it that would be possible, so that both of us could continue with our ambitions and dreams without interfering with each other. But if the player is not cooperating and just wants to start conflict, I'd be more than happy to come to a resolution through a battle or a war, but I don't think it will ever come down to that.

I have not done many "co-builds" in the past, as I'm usually indepedent, but I would like to do more of them in the future. Typically when I build something with a friend, it can go two ways. I come up with the basic ideas and basic structure of the build/project, and it gets little parts added on to it between the both/group of us, so it ends up being a team effort. Another way I've co-built before is when a friend and I shared our ideas and put them together equally, to create one final product that has qualities from both of our ideas.

Oh yes, I find exploring to be very fun in Minecraft, it is what got me into this game actually. I remember my early days of first exploring singleplayer worlds and always finding something new, or a big factions server and finding these cool abandoned bases. Sometimes I'd look for maps on the minecraft forum to download and explore, I love checking out what other people have built and found. I also love it when people like checking out my builds and stuff that I have found, it gives me a sense of pride.

I actually don't really play any other games besides Minecraft, I play a few things on my Xbox One like Battlefront and GTA: V but nothing that you have mentioned, I have heard of every single one of those games though. Maybe this server will get me to buy a few of those games and try them out.

I haven't really played any RPG games during my gaming career. It really doesn't suit me. I've played a few RPG Minecraft maps that I enjoyed and a couple of RPG games on ROBLOX but that all was a long time ago. But as stated in the previous paragraph, that could change with the introduction of this server.

Well that is all I've got for now, hopefully we can continue with this thread and I can develop a bit more lore for my character. Also, please don't forget to fill me in on anything I have missed. I don't want to leave any of your questions unanswered as that would be pretty irresponsible and rude of me. Thanks once again!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 9:23 pm 
King

Thanks for the responses!

There's no rush for lore, as usually happens, when you have the votes required to get into hermertia then the liege that selects you might have a specific style of lore he/she wants to keep on track with so you can come up with concrete stuff fully further on or apadt current lore that you have a keen interest if it comes to it. There's always wiggle room!

The others will be along shortly, i've been spamming discord for people to come say stuff to you so far. keep it up though this is good that you have taken time to reply more than 2 sentences ( yes people can be that poor sometimes :P )

More pics and more posts and such always garner more postitive feedback so if you have any further builds be sure to show em.

Glad to hear you've got an xbox and I understand not having the chance to or enjoying specific games, Hermertia and Minecraft is what binds us all here so not to worry at all!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Settler

Talja-Sameria II wrote:
Thanks for the responses!

There's no rush for lore, as usually happens, when you have the votes required to get into hermertia then the liege that selects you might have a specific style of lore he/she wants to keep on track with so you can come up with concrete stuff fully further on or apadt current lore that you have a keen interest if it comes to it. There's always wiggle room!

The others will be along shortly, i've been spamming discord for people to come say stuff to you so far. keep it up though this is good that you have taken time to reply more than 2 sentences ( yes people can be that poor sometimes :P )

More pics and more posts and such always garner more postitive feedback so if you have any further builds be sure to show em.

Glad to hear you've got an xbox and I understand not having the chance to or enjoying specific games, Hermertia and Minecraft is what binds us all here so not to worry at all!

Hi again, I've posted a gallery of a few things I've made on a singleplayer world. There isn't much since I have not played in quite a while, and I seem to have lost a lot of old worlds that had a bit more stuff in them, but I doesn't hurt to show what I can still find.

Here is it: https://imgur.com/gallery/fVFHi

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 1:56 am 
Duke

I like the application and the builds! You have my vote!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 4:15 am 
Duke

I like your builds and responses! You have my vote as well.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 5:29 am 
King

You have my vote as well! Welcome, you're in now! You can entertain liege offers!

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 2:35 am 
Settler

Thank you so much guys. Glad to have been accepted here, I'll be sure to make the best of my time here and live up to standards. Anyways I have been doing a little more thinking about the lore for my character, I haven't got a name for him yet, but I got a bit more of a basic structure. My character's father (name unknown), once served as a high rank in a kingdom's army, and him and his wife were both acknowledged as nobles. One day their kingdom was involved in the war, and his father was killed leaving his pregnant wife alone. The king no longer considered his mother as a noble and she was thrown out onto the streets and into poverty, where she spent about 19 years raising my character. He set off on his nineteenth birthday, telling his mother he would see her again one day. He left driven by dreams and ambition. And then he will somehow end up in the lands of Hermertia.

Keep in mind this is only the basic structure so there's still a lot of things to edit, remove and add as well as incorporating the Hermertia lore into his backstory with the war and where he came from and such an etc, but I'm going to need a bit of help from you guys to give me ideas and suggestions since I have not read much of the server lore.

Please tell me what you think, thanks.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 3:09 am 
Duke

I'd like to give you your first offer!

Reinen is a newer dutchy with a lot of room for expansion and progression. So sadly there aren’t many things to show yet.

I’m located in the little red spot in the middle between the blue and yellow so I’m at a good central location and generally close to everyone.

Here’s a quickly put together map of my area closer up with biome breakdown. I have a pretty diverse duchy so really any kind of place you want to build I have save a few select biomes.

You would basically have the freedom to build what you'd like and my resources of course would be open to your use as well. Also, you are by no means stuck there with me. If you wish to work with others on co-builds or explore the world it’s fine with me. Whatever the case you will always have a safe place to rest your head and eat in my lands if needed.

Give it a day or two for others to offer. Or don't. :P
If you have any questions you can PM any of us or ask in the thread
I hope to see you in game soon!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu