All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 11:30 am 
King

Real life does suck and it hoovers up the time that people have.

I got a short message from Kyn the other night, and he has said that the approval of myself is enough to sway his vote. King Kyn, King Scrios and myself have been " Brothers of Valyria " ( A term of enormous respect between our two nations, Perth and Valtoros, which form the greater Realm of Valyria) for a number of years now, and as such their confidence in my ability to put the server's interests at the forefront of my actions is unmatched.

In the interest of not making people wait for ages unnecessarily, King Kyn officially extends his vote through me. He has been, along with Scrios, extremely busy in a business venture IRL, and accompanying other stuff that has meant their spare time is at a premium.

As the old saying goes, there are Ebbs and Flows when it comes to play time!

Anyway. Welcome to Hermertia. This place is awesome and you're gonna love it.

May the liege offers commence!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 1:23 pm 
King

Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, I and a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a great land in the making. Accompanied by my stalwart vassal Count Merry, and joined by the excellent Biakko O’Kleefe, we have taken great strides and would love for you to join us!

With the goal of one day becoming a powerful realm, fast progress is being made. The foundations for the great city of Gallen are being laid as I write this, with work already complete on the hilltop walls and the sprawling docks that will form the core of its economic and trading hub; meanwhile, the plains are home to Biakko's fast expanding town of Chester-le-Ford and, farther off, Merry's burgeoning county. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, and swampland. With Merry, Biakko, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both close support and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the beginnings of a new history.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria’s location circled. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong ties with Ertia (not far to the north of us) and are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

A slightly outdated shot of Gallen’s dock’s under construction: complete with two cranes, market stalls, and ore processing, the city looks on track to become an economic hub. Special facilitie have also been created to host fishing derbies in the future – these are spur-of-the-moment contests we have to see who can fish the best loot in a short period of time, and they are a blast!

A sample of the varied geography that makes Wysteria such an interesting location: Gallen’s town proper is set to be constructed on one such plateaux as shown here; separated by winding rivers that lead to murky swamps, leafy forests, and sweltering deserts, we have it all!

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay)

As to your requests, I would leave it up to you to decide what best suited your interests; whether it would be founding your own county, travelling Wysteria to construct builds, or anything else. I would also be able to guarantee as much support as you need: Wyesteria has been propelled to economic success through such industrial innovations as our Beacon Mines, ensuring full coffers and plentiful resources.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! In the meantime, I’m sure others will be making offers too; good luck in choosing!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 1:49 pm 
Duke

I'm here to cast a vote on behalf of the Kingdom of Valtoros and it's king, Kyn.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 2:04 pm 
Settler

Awesome, thank you all. I'm excited to see these liege offers!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 2:25 pm 
Duke

I would like to offer you a place in Casadia. Casadia is always looking for men of great ambition. Below is a map of Casadia’s current territory (outlined in yellow).

Outside of the northwestern cluster of cities, our lands are largely uninhabited and ripe for development. The southern and central parts of our territory are mostly jungle and mountains. The eastern frontier features a variety of biomes such as plains, a sprawling mega taiga, and roofed forest. A road has already been built from Voltau to our border in the east, making travel through these areas quite easy. Should you choose to settle with us, you would have your choice of settlement location. I would also provide you with finely crafted tools and other resources to help you achieve prosperity. Your land would be yours to develop and rule as you saw fit. Any resources you would gather would be yours to keep, as I do not wish to deprive you of the means to success. And should you ever wish to depart from our lands and start your own county, we would not hold you back. It is Casadia's desire to see all citizens of the empire succeed regardless of where they live or who they serve. We would be grateful for any help you would have given us during your time with our people. Here is an album (http://imgur.com/a/S1z1t) of most of my cities and settlements if you wish to see what I have accomplished so far. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them. I wish you the best of luck as you choose your liege!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 3:11 pm 
Duke

I am here to offer a place under myself in Isilioth! :D

First things first, this would be the first time I would be receiving a vassal. I don't think it would effect anything but you know. Just a warning.

On to the offering part. :3

I currently take up residence in that big yellow blob in the middle so of course I have a large amount of room to build eventually, since most of it is completely untouched by the previous owner (the inactive King Robert). I am currently living in a small swatch of extreme hills on the border of Perth. Nearby, where you would have the ability to build at first, would be a forest, more extreme hills and some snowy biome I have yet to see myself so I'm not entirely sure what exactly is over there.

You would basically have the freedom to build what you'd like and my resources of course would be open to your use as well. Practically yours even. Anything that you gather or make will also be yours if you so wish. Also you are by no means stuck there with me. As soon as you become a count you may leave to go off on whatever adventures you want. Whatever the case you will always have a safe place to rest your head and eat in Isilioth if needed.

I hope to see you in game soon. \^.^/

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 5:20 pm 
Settler

I am so ready to get on, but I would like to allow time for others to post offers as well. Anyway, I'll be without access to wifi until tomorrow night. I'll still be browsing the forums on mobile though!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 5:27 pm 
Duke

I'll make a post to offer you a position in my realm this evening, please wait until then to make your decision.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 6:52 pm 
Duke

HURRY DON'T LET GIMPY OFFER. Jk, gompers <3 ;)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 10:29 pm 
Duke

*A man briskly walks up to you and asks* "You're name is Tree, correct?" *You nod and he immediately hands you can letter* "Just send your reply by mail to Kati Thanort, Gimpy III, any post office should deliver." *He walks off again* *You look at the letter in hand and begin to read*

"Welcome to Hermertia Tree, I've heard of your struggles and wish to offer you sanction in Kaine, a growing Grande Duchy which needs expansive minds and able bodies. Here I can offer you a place of safety and creativity. I have large swathes of lands which need filling and many different biomes which need a helping hand.
You can see it here:
It is the group of islands in the south east that are coloured purple.
Here are a few examples of buildings in Kaine.

That is Eaftham one of the most beautiful ports in all of Kaine built by my most trusted Count Asamu!

And that was my first project in our new world the almost impenetrable military fort of Skragg.

Those are the only paintings I have at this moment but hopefully you get a good idea of what I have to offer. I wish you the best no matter your choice and I can't wait to see you at some point in your journey, good luck!"

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next