All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 8:00 pm 
Settler

Hi,

My name is Bo. I'm a 21 year old music student from Amsterdam.
I recently started playing D&D with a group of friends, and have been enjoing it a lot. I would love to roleplay on your server as the same character I use in our campaign.

My character is a young forest gnome, who sets out into the world to become a great bard. He is intelligent, but timid and shy. His grandfather was a well know and well liked bard, and he hopes to become as great as his grandfather once was.

I've had an idea for a build in my head for a while now. The concept is a medieval Dutch countryside style village. In the middle of the ocean, below the sea level and protected by dikes. The village itself would be quite small but would have some sort of special export product to keep itself afloat. (hihi)

The character relates to my real life persona in some ways. We are both musicians. However I am not shy at all. I'm also not a forest gnome.

Hope to see all you of you soon!

Greetings,

Wilfred Thelonious Monk

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 8:11 pm 
Settler

So once again I'm first to respond so take my words with a grain of salt, but I like the idea a lot and I don't know if we have any gnomes honestly so that's cool. Here are some pointers though you'll want to answer-

First, post some of your builds if you have any. If you don't, maybe take a swing at something simple in creative like a house or stables Also, what biomes do you like building in as most lieges have only a small selection of biomes in their lands so its important to know what you like. You can also get a good idea of the various realms by looking at past proposals in older applications.

Second, how do you like playing MC? Are you a builder, grinder (as in you enjoy the mining and stockpiling of resources), redstone engineer, etc.

Looks good though and we're always excited for new people. I think the character and build idea are very original and I'd personally love to see them come to fruition.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 9:38 pm 
Duke

Hello!
It's great to see your application, I'm glad to see Awolz has already offloaded some of the basic questions, please let us see some of your work.
My own question is how much minecraft have you played? Have you played it a lot or not very much?
I am also glad to find that you are not a gnome.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:26 pm 
Settler

I love your application im glad you interested! As some others have said we would like to see your builds! I hope to see more

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:30 pm 
King

Wilfred Thelonious Monk wrote:
I'm also not a forest gnome.

Aw!

Anyways hello! Welcome welcome!

Good start to your application! We're in discord usually most nights if you wanted to come on and speak to us just now? I shall send you an invite.

do you want to build some houses/buildings in creative? 1 or 2 to show us your style as I know that some people will want to see them before they give you their vote.

Also I love seeing "hihi" as the laugh from european countries, cracks me up in a good way! Be sure to check this post multiple times a night! I've sent that discord link already so check it out and come speak to us!

Questions:
- Have you read the FAQ?
- Have you understood the liege/vassal system?
- Have you read around the forums and seen what sort of content we've got so far, lore, history, pictures of builds?
- Have you seen the Potion Seller video?
- What is your favourite kind of power tool ?

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:36 pm 
Count

Just wanted to say I absolutely adore your build idea. Hope to see it near my castle, so I can vacation there.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:40 pm 
Duke

Sounds like a very cool and unique village idea! I'd love to see something like that on the server.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 11:48 pm 
Duke

This all sounds awesome! Hope to hear some answers to the questions we've asked. Looking good so far!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 12:56 am 
Settler

Gonna try to respond to everyone's questions!

First off;
Quick demo of a build.
https://bobobobo98472342.imgur.com/all/?third_party=1
Threw this together really quick. I haven't played mc in about 2 years and I don't really have any old screenshots.
Building has always been my main focus, but looks like I'm a bit rusty. Whoops.
I started playing Minecraft in Alpha. And played a lot for a long time. I stopped playing around the time horses came out.
I have read the faq, and I think I understand how the ranking system works.
I have seen the potion seller almost as many times as the hours I've put into Oblivion. That's a lot of hours.
Laterus is the best powerTOOL.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 1:00 am 
Settler