All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Application for Tellerus
PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 9:14 pm 
I am Tellerus, born Tellerus Lucio Florus from a faraway land, old and mystic. I have come to Hermertia from a trading vessel in hopes to find a new life for me in a new world. I come from a humble family, raised with cows and sheep as my company. Through sheer luck, I have been able to study literature and the arts in the capital city, only for it to come to a stop because of a massive civil war. Tired of this chaos, I have decided to set off my motherland in search for a new path.

but really, hey guys Im 24 yrs old and I go to school for graphic design. Im looking for a server where I can create builds with lore as well as participate in some worldbuilding. My honest goal in this server is to setup a small religion with varying temples for muses/martyrs exclusively created for this world. That idea I still have to think more about though haha.

Heres some of my builds: https://imgur.com/a/hqmeM
I know some are kinda modern but I'll keep it medieval/classical up in here :)

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 9:23 pm 
King

Welcome!

I wouldnt worry about your builds being modern in your examples, we ask for builds simply to see that you're not only capable of making 50x50 cobble box from bedrock to sky limit (yes someone actually did that in an application one time lul). So I am already impressed.

You seem like the kind of demographic that will fit in and indeed, prosper here in Hermertia, we like to kick back and sit on discord during the evenings so you're in good company, do you use voice chat at all?

Your expanded lore can be created more thoroughly when you get a liege offer, so you dont have to think too much now about it, as it might be subject to change if your future liege wants a specific type of character or has some stipulations to be able to fit into their lore in their Realm.

I like the idea that you have for your monuments/statues and such, sounds fairly unique and picturesque, and has piqued my interest. Alliteration aside, I'd be happy to hear more from you and this application is already off to a good start.

Some questions:

- - If you had a conflict with another player, how would you wish to resolve it?
- How are you with building with others in 'co-builds' ?
- Are you ready to explore, theres places even I havent seen on the server and I've been here for almost 4 years!
- What is your favourite power tool?
- We're a gaming community as well as a Minecraft Community, what other games are you into ? We play PUBG, Overwatch, Civ V and Civ VI, Guns of Icarus, and some of us have Xbox or PS4 as well for a few other games.
- And last but not least, have you ever played any RPG games before like Dungeon World or Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons. We've done a few in the past and are looking to do a few more in time also!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2017, 9:37 pm 
I never really had a conflict with other players to be honest! I tend to play solo but Ive been wanting to build with a community as of late. I build well with others I think (i get lazy sometimes though) If I had to pick, my favorite power tool would be the one that spins haha I dont really have an answer for that... I have a PS4! as well as CIV 5 but not all the expansions :( I'd be really interested in a D&D session. I had a small one some years ago and had fun! Unfortunately, we never finished whatever journey we were on then.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 10:02 pm 
King

Good answers. My apologies, i've been busy partying in the past few days. Have you any further build examples to show as well? Nothing stirs up potential votes like some examples of perhaps some more of our style of building, medieval fantasy. I thoroughly enjoyed the examples you've already shown however. They are very impressive and cant wait to see that kind of skill in our world!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 10:02 pm 
King

Also everyone else looking at this and not replying, take 2 seconds to reply!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 10:04 pm 
Count

Your application is looking good! Can't wait to see more.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 10:36 pm 
King

Nice application so far!

I like the detail so far and cannot wait to see your development on the server. You have my vote!

Just to add to things as far as others looking at this application:
- Do you see yourself remaining with a liege and assisting building up their realm and your area or would you eventually like to venture out on your own?
- Which biomes do you like building in the most?

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 11:00 pm 
King

We should add that none of these are trick questions, we're just genuinely interested to hear your plans!

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 11:33 pm 
Duke

If you answer Scrios' questions sufficiently I do believe you'll have my vote!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 4:23 pm 
King

Keep posting Tellerus!