All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Viktor's Application
PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 3:08 am 
Hello.
I'm a twenty-year-old college student and I'm interested in joining a dedicated community for Minecraft. I came across the server on Reddit at r/mcservers and was already intrigued by the details after looking through the linked Album of Capital Cities. Being more of an gallery-goer, I really appreciate the effort that gets put into a variety of different builds or scenes and many of the shots, such as the Fichina Palace and the town of Isenwich, brought me to amazement. While I am relatively inexperienced in roleplaying, I liked reading the chronicles within the Imperial Library and hope to bring my practice to a point where I can create meaningful stories with other players. Also, I look forward to being able to join the Discord!

At the moment, my goal in Hermertia would be to set off on my own and explore the vastness of the lands in search of kingdoms and towns to visit as a wanderer. Soon enough, after my days of exploration are over, I wish to envelop myself in the world's story as part of the feudal system under a liege.

While I have taken part in most activities and opportunities in Minecraft to an extent of time, I really enjoy strategies and resource management; in many cases, I would prefer a bucket of water rather than a sword. Also writing. To me, a book and quill are on the same level of importance as a bucket of water. Knowledge and preparation are half the battle!

Early lore:
A citizen of a war-torn nation that is comprised of islets to the far west, across bounds of empty ocean, Viktor was born to a single mother's household, where the father was off fighting on the frontlines of an unseen battle. Like his father and his brothers before him, Viktor would also be brought to the war when he was old enough. In his early years, he only had the company of his older brother as they tended the small farm together while their mother went into town each day to sell their crop and buy necessities with the earnings. Only until his brother had to go to war, like his father and his brothers before him. His brother took the family axe and simply disappeared. For the rest of his life, Viktor only knew solitude and the clash of steel when it was his time to be taken away by the draft-men; if you survived the barrage of arrows overhead, it would only be you and the man standing in front of you. While he survived many deadly battles, he only considered it to be luck rather than fate. For his time served, he was given the charge as quartermaster of a post in a neutral port, a place where a lack of supplies and rations were the only worries rather groups of casualties or injuries. Yet, that was only the case until an undetected invasion force swept through the port village. That day, Viktor realized something was out of the ordinary: not a single ship docked in the harbor and the local hunters from the village never returned from their daily expedition. However, there was naught that he could do until his regiment was overwhelmed by enemy forces, pushed to the ends of the docks. All he remembers is taking an arrowhead to the chest, being pushed back to the water behind him, and clutching onto a tent post that drifted with the ocean current before the light faded from his sight. Even so, Viktor wasn't sad or angry. Moreover, he felt at peace... In his dream, he was with his brother at the farm, just like how it used to be. But, he suddenly heard the sound of rolling waves... and a familiar voice. Viktor woke up and hardly felt the pain coming from his chest. Instead, his mind was more focused on what he could see rather than feel: Right in front of his eyes, Viktor saw his brother standing over him, dressed in the leather of deteriorating soldier fatigues. Yet, something was wrong. His brother was groaning raspily, his skin was unnaturally green, and his eyes were emptily dark. Only when Viktor saw a flash of steel did he reactively reach his hands out to catch his brother's arm wielding an axe, readied for an attack. Viktor pushed his once-brother away, disarmed the weapon, and stood up, gripping the handle of the axe. The only thought running through Viktor's mind was that this was not his brother, rather, it was a demon that stole his body and twisted it into a primitive, depraved form. An anger was boiling deeply within Viktor and he felt at his chest, ripping out the old arrow that wounded him before. He had to release his brother's body from this demon's hold. With a mighty slash, he put down the zombie that was once his brother and watched as it fell lifelessly to the ground. Viktor gagged at the stench, but soon he saw that there were other shambling figures on the beach with him. Some looked fresh, bearing the armor of soldiers and knights while others were naught but bone. He knew that he could not fight against all of these creatures, especially since he was still injured. It seemed as if the whole coast was lined with the war's dead. Viktor took his family's axe, heaved his brother's body over his shoulder, and ran for the woods past the sand. In the midst of the night, he gave his brother a proper soldier's burial and placed a post to mark the grave. It would not be known to Viktor that the land he washed up on was called Hermertia for a few days, but he already saw its horrors first-hand, horrors that rival those of the war...
...Now a wanderer, a patron of bars and taverns, Viktor drinks to fade out his past, but he fails to forget his life's current goal: to find and extinguish the source of the undead. Now, he seeks to apply for legal citizenship in Hermertia, so that he may begin a new life here, as he has none to go back to. A life, in the name of his father and his brothers before him.

While I hope that this back-story may not conflict with anything, lore-wise, map-wise, etc.-wise (such as filing into one of the listed human cultures), I am willing to change/disregard Viktor's lore. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Post subject: Re: Viktor's Application
PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 4:58 am 
King

I'll do a full response tomorrow but its 5am and im going to bed :P Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 2:44 pm 
King

Ok now its tomorrow and i can reply! Good start, dont worry about finalised lore, most of the time applicants get on and get a better feel for the world and the ideas they can go with for their owb story.

Discord user? Excellent. We can get you in tonight or whenever youre free and we can speak to you as part of a new thing where we get some and answer any questions you may have for us regarding the world and such.

Also dont fret about the rpg elements that much, the focus is usually on world building and making lore stories. Role playing is usually done through text in game or on the forums whenever youd like. Youll manage no problem!

Do you have any build examples? Any small boats buildings or statues etc so we can see your style.

Good luck with the rest of your application good sir!

PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 7:06 pm 
Thank you, sir!

It has been a while since I took screenshots of my recent builds, so I will be sure to get to that ASAP.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 8:11 pm 
Count

First of all welcome to our forums. I hope you will have a great time having adventures with us.
I'm looking forward to meet and great you on Discord or Ingame soon. Do you favor any biomes or certain cultural circles in regard to you build style.

Your lore is a superbe start for a smooth integration in our lore and world. Can't wait to see a screenshot or two. :-)

PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 8:24 pm 
Settler

Very nice lore I love it! Please do post more I cant wait to see your builds keep up the good work! :D

PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 11:34 pm 
Duke

Great start! Cant wait to see those screenies

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 19th, 2017, 3:14 am 
King

Awesome application so far! And welcome!

I will await some screen shots as well. It usually helps spark some interest of others as well and it will help with liege selection later.

Keep it up!

PostPosted: September 19th, 2017, 8:23 pm 
Duke

Love the lore! You definitely have a knack for it.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2017, 9:30 pm 
Duke

Keep up the responses in here :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu