All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 2:10 am 
Count

I'm Laney, IGN Delanium. I just got good internet back after a long stretch without it, so I'm looking for a new server. I prefer Vanilla minecraft but I was looking for something a bit different than the usual, and I saw your post on Reddit and liked the idea of a fantasy roleplay server. I enjoy the lore and world aspects of fantasy, and I'd love to be a part of one unfolding.

Based on what's been described in your FAQ, I think I'd prefer serving a liege. I'm a decent builder, but I've never been one for enormous builds, and sometimes my creativity runs a bit dry but I still want to take part in the community; helping other people build, completing tasks, etc. I worked as a judge on my last server (it ended up just fizzling out as people stopped playing), which usually meant mock trials for funny punishments for light-hearted crimes, but occasionally included weighing in on bans for actual rule breaks.

The grindier parts of Minecraft have also always relaxed me, so I think that may make me useful for people who might prefer the more exciting parts, or who have ambitious build plans but get frustrated with gathering resources. So in general, I think I'd like to play more of an assistance role, but that may change when I get in game and find a job that never occured to me on typical servers.

I'm not 100% sure on the backstory. I've been looking through the lore, but there's quite a bit to get through. I'll definitely keep reading and researching as I go. (And boy, do I have to commend you guys on some serious lore.) I was thinking of basing my backstory off of my current skin: essentially a human girl with a white dress and a sunflower in her hair. I imagine I'm the daughter of fairly prosperous farmer, but our farm was attacked and I was forced to flee. Now I'm just looking for a place to call home and a new liege to serve.

In essence, I'm really just looking for an interesting experience from an active community. I'm not really sure of exactly what I'm doing, but I'll throw myself into figuring it out, and I'll help wherever I can. I really love the idea of this server, and I'd love to be a part of it.

Edit: I started building a small mining town to show you all how I tend to build. I'll update this album as I continue. http://imgur.com/a/tRE7b

Last edited by Sunny of Delaena on September 12th, 2017, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Laena's Application
PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 3:06 am 
Settler

I like the start of your post! I hope to see you add more to it! I can already see a great start to your application, please do keep adding. People will tell you what to add to your post but I have to say good start and I hope to see you add to it! This server has a great community, I beleive you'll fit in quite well here!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 3:19 am 
King

As the Emperor of Hermertia, I welcome to you to Hermertia!

There is no rush on making some lore, even basic stuff to prove you have a little bit of creativity and some small builds in creative for houses or something to spur your application on!

If you have any questions on things, please ask! We LOVE new people and encourage you to find out more if it helps your understanding.

You'l be under a liege until you become a Count, then you can move out and found your own Realm if you wish, else you can continue to be with your liege. This means almost nothing to restrict you though, you can go visit, build in other peoples lands if they allow it (co builds etc) and such whenever and where ever.

You've come to the right place, we've been around for 4 years with no stoppage, we're not going anywhere!

Ask away! And have a go at those creative example builds, they don't have to be huge! And also you can make more concrete lore when you've picked a liege, thats usually how it goes! And also you can change lieges if you feel like you'd be a better fit somewhere else once you know more!

- Sam

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 3:32 am 
Count

Hey there! I understand the vassal system pretty well. It reminds me a lot of CK2; did you get inspiration from there?

My main question is the best resource to understand the lore and history. Is there any kind of compilation of basic descriptions of each kingdom? I found the link to your wiki, but a lot of the pages are empty. Should I just keep digging through the assorted histories? There's something fun about reading individual entries, but I'd like an overarching view of it.

Also, I started working on a mining town to show you how I tend to build. I prefer taiga or snow biomes, and dark woods. http://imgur.com/a/tRE7b

Lore Compliance Ducks Okay, lol

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 3:43 am 
Settler

I like your build style! Sam should be able to answer any of your questions!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 3:57 am 
King

I can give a vocal one in Discord if you're able to come in just now?

And we can explain the lore compliance duck haha!

I'll pm you a discord link! Im there for another 45 mins

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 6:03 pm 
King

I'll be sure to spam the other High Council Members to reply to this thread, you have my vote already after our chat last night. You need 4/7 of the Votes, with the 3 Dukes having One vote each and the 2 Kings having Two votes each!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 6:20 pm 
Count

Good to hear! I posted three houses to the imgur album; tiny, little, and big. I'm not super proud of the little house, but I like the other two, and I think it further shows off how I tend to build. I don't like clean lines.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 8:27 pm 
Duke

Hey there! Sorry I was in the process of responding last night but Got distracted. Cute build style and good application. You have my vote. Hope to see you in game soon :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 9:04 pm 
Duke

Im really liking the build style that you have here.You also seem to have read up on us and our lore quite a bit. You have my vote as well.