All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zuriñe's Application
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 12:44 am 
Settler

Hey, My name is Leslie but... erm... I guess I mostly go by Toryanse on the internet. I'm 17 years old and from Northern California. I first started playing Minecraft sometime around 6th grade, but it's been quite a while since I played. I did just start playing again and well... I'm hooked yet again. I thought it might be nice to find a server to play on though, there's only so much SP survival one can take, and I was hoping to have a few people to talk and interact with while I played.

I've been roleplaying through various mediums for a while too, but I've never gotten the chance to do some worldbuilding before! From what I've seen on this forum, it looks like it could be a lot of fun. The idea of working together to craft the history and culture of an entire world really piqued my interest, and I like to give it a try of my own once I've found my feet here!

I saw this place on the MCservers subreddit. I wanted to find a Minecraft roleplay server where I might be able to practice some roleplay, take my mind of college apps for a bit, and make a few new friends too! There were a lot of different ones to choose from, but this one seemed pretty nice. It looks like this place isn't as highly restrictive or hierarchical as a lot of the other servers. Really I'm looking for a community where everybody is willing to work together to create an interesting roleplay experience. Nothing else really seemed to offer the unique experience of building a universe from scratch either. It feels like this server would offer me the chance to be far more creative then anywhere else and to be able to put my own input and contributions into the community.

I'd therefore like to use this server as an opportunity to try my hand at some world building, so I think the activities I'm most interested in would be the building and the writing that go along with it. I'm totally cool working under a liege doing this stuff to start too! Even just beginning with something as simple as a house and a farm. I think working up incrementally is easier anyways. I wouldn't mind doing a few other things either, some wandering, exploring, or even just hanging out really.

I can't really say that I'm a skilled Minecraft player, with any impressive builds to show off. I really enjoy building, but I'm still a pretty big novice. I'm totally open to learning more though!

Alright, I guess it's time for my character's introduction. I hope that there's enough here and that my character isn't a poor fit or anything. There's a lot of lore that others have written... so I hope I didn't accidentally contradict something. Just tell me if something is wrong and I'll fix it!

Oh sweet golden shores and rolling hills, is that land I spot? I can hardly believe my eyes! Three years at sea and finally I have found it; this time without going in one great big bloody circle either. My colleagues laughed when I told them my intentions. Another one of the witch's crazy old ideas! Complete nonsense they said! Well who's laughing now! Those fools with their family "honor" and their "degrees" from fancy "universities." They wouldn't know true genius if it spit them in the face. They think studies or planning will help them accomplish something greater, when really the true answer is true bullheaded action. Success is to be grabbed by the horns! Certainly my attempts at this have been... questionable. But what is life without its few... or many.... failures. I mean, look at me now! The end of my quest is in sight, and when I finish, my critics will rue the day they came to make an enemy out of Zuriñe Kattalina Ibarra.

Well... there of course remains the matter of finding my way back. My star charts have proven rather... elusive in revealing the details of my location. I'm not sure what sort of bumbling idiot wrote these things, they're nigh impossible to read! Oh well... details, details. The wills of the sea carried me here and I'm sure they'll have the mercy to carry me back. I mean... Imagine me lost at sea after all this time. Why the idea could make me laugh. I shouldn't worry myself with trivial matters like nautical navigation, but bask in the glory at my feet. The first ever woman to lay her own eyes upon the shores of the Mercurian Empire! A land before known only to us through secretive merchants, visiting our tiny, isolated island to charge exorbitant prices for goods they claimed hailed from her shores. Some even said it was a myth of itself! And those who knew better at least thought the journey to be fraught with monsters of the sea. After all, no ship had ever ventured in that direction and returned. Pah! The only sea monster I encountered was the cantankerous vessel that I sailed here in. I have no idea who that shipwright thought he was, even at the price I paid! I could build a better boat blind! But the important thing is I survived, and I have finally completed a task worthy of earning myself a seat on the Council of Magistrates. Imagine the fame I'll garner, the youngest ever council woman at the ripe age of 26. I may have blossomed a bit late... but now I shall see that the wait was well worth it.

Now, let's see, I'll have much work to do if I am to fulfill my destiny. I must spend my time here amassing great wealth, wondrous commodities and trinkets, exotic maps, powerful diplomatic connections, perhaps a trading post or even a colony! I can't imagine it'll be too hard, what more is commerce but buying and selling or international diplomacy but polite conversations with the occasional bribe. In fact, when said aloud, it all sounds rather simple to me. I imagine I could knock all that out of the way in no time, and get right to the glory that awaits me at my return. Oh this is all very exciting! But before I get to the good stuff, it would be best to get the trivialities out of the way. I'll unload my ship, and see if I can find one of the natives to talk to.

That's it for character lore! I'm sorry if it's a bit vague, but I kind of wanted to see what you guys had to say before I elaborated any. Oh... and I guess I didn't make much of a reference to direct Mercurian history or anything, I was a bit worried about contradiction so I just sort of opted for an arbitrary clean start. I hope that what I had was passable at least though, and of course I'm down for changing what needs to be changed.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 2:26 am 
King

Welcome!

A great start to your application! There's a lot of lore to get stuck into so don't worry too much about specifics so far, usually after picking a liege and then developing lore is a good way to go about things if you want a more specific approach :)

Some questions:

- Do you use voice chat?
- What is your favourite power tool?
- Have you understood the liege-vassal system?
- Do you have any examples of builds ( if not feel free to jump into creative quickly and make some stuff :) )

Keep checking this multiple times a day and reply to get your votes quicker :) Do you want to come into discord and get some chat before you get accepted? It's a new thing we're trying, i'll PM you a link and you can let us know when you're around if you like?

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 6:50 am 
Settler

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Do you use voice chat?
Yep, I do have a mic and headset. I can be a little shy for the first week or so... and usually don't talk much. But usually once I get to know people a tiny bit I have no problem hanging out or coordinating over voice.

What is your favorite power tool
This is actually a bit of doozy, I'm not so sure (Do airbrushes count?). I usually prefer the feel of doing work by hand, but I certainly see the necessity of power tools! Power saws of all sorts are fun, but I always feel a bit on edge using them. I have to say that nothing really beats the satisfaction of sinking a bunch of screws with an impact driver if that answers anything.

Do you understand the Liege-vassal system?
I think I got it down, unless there's anything more that isn't detailed in the FAQ.

Examples of builds?
Sure, I just threw together a couple of things in creative like you said. A simple cottage and some sort of watchtower. They aren't really anything special, but I hope they're good enough!
http://imgur.com/a/tSSbC

Oh and as for discord, I'd be completely up to checking it out. I wouldn't mind chatting a bit and getting to know some people before I officially join.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 11:18 am 
Count

Welcome Welcome! Kahjiit has wares, if you have coin!

First of all welcome to the forum. I really like the introduction of your character. Unfortunatly I have no time right now to write more here. Got to go back to work. Looking forward to see you meet you InGame or on Discord. Btw. the house and lighttower look nice. ^^

Last edited by Dujek on June 19th, 2017, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 2:25 pm 
King

Those build examples are actually very good, im impressed! A unique style , something I always enjoy seeing from new people especially.

I need to try that impact driver, looks badass, ive only ever used a screw driver!

You've got my Royal vote. You'll need 1 more King to get in, as currently the House of Dukes due to a % based voting requirement and the number of active Kings doesnt actually help but they can still give you their vote as a token of their approval!

Liege offers will occur after you have the required votes, which you'll most likely get today, keep checking this page constantly!

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 2:15 am 
Duke

Great application! I would ask questions, but you've preemptively answered all of the ones I had. You have my vote!

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 4:11 am 
Settler

Thanks for the compliments Roglar! I look forward to seeing you around as well.

Oh and Thanks for all the help so far by the way. I think now I'll just check out the discord and wait around for votes.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 10:17 am 
Duke

You seen like a pretty alright person ;) You have my vote!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 7:40 pm 
Count

An explorer! welcome to the Mercurian Empire. There are vasts treasures and aventures for anyone looking for them. It very interesting to meet someone from a distant island, perhaps could you tall us something about this home of yours?

Also, which type of biomes do you prefer?

CASADIA STRONK

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 3:22 am 
King

You have my vote as well. Great application!