All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 10:13 pm 
Settler

Hiya, my name is FuzzyBlueLights. At least, it is in Minecraft and in this forum. I’m 23 years old and have been playing Minecraft since Alpha. So, why do I want to join Hermertia? Two reasons, mostly. One, I’ve never done RP before and have been wanting to try it for a long while now, and it seems that Hermertia is leading in terms of player activity, structured societies and structured lore. The second reason is that I’m a writer (kind of) and I’m working on a character for one of my stories and I would like to bring her to life in some way so that I may flesh her out as a person. I feel that roleplaying her would be a pretty interesting avenue of doing that. Bonus reason: I also long for collaborative story-telling and interaction that standard RPG’s don’t provide. In roleplaying, everything is open-ended and fluid, there’s no set path or dead-end apogee. In standard RPG’s, you have a set path that you must follow (sooner or later) with set dialogue options and set sequences of events. I want something new and unfamiliar and to be honest, a bit intimidating.

Once in Hermertia, obviously, I (or rather, my character) would have to start out as a serf, as I have read. I have no qualms with that, as in roleplaying and real life, one would want to find a stable life for at least a small period before starting their own ventures. After this time however, I feel that my character would stick around for a little while longer then set off on her own. Probably as an explorer or some other nomadic type. Maybe. Depends on how my character grows, as people are ever-changing.

The skills that I have as a Minecraft player mostly includes building and fighting. I especially really enjoy interior decoration. Like, if there’s a castle being built, please don’t ask me to build the walls but instead ask me to decorate the royal chambers. This isn’t to say that I’m outright bad at building bigger projects, but it’s the details of the bigger picture that I love. As for fighting, there’s no real reason, I just kind of like competing.

So, I guess it’s time for my character’s bio. Please tell me if I need to add more detail or something I’ve written is incompatible with your lore.

“Hi! I’m Emi! Emi… uh… Well, I don’t really remember my last name, actually. I think it started with a ‘W’ though! Wi… Wa… War… Warnick! That’s it! Emi Warnick! Yes, I’m Emi Warnick and I’m a human. I think I’m 19 years old. Or 20? No, I’m definitely 19. Uhm, you probably noticed that I have a memory problem. I mean, who doesn’t remember their own last name? But I guess Winston is a hard name to remember. Uh, I mean Warnick!

Anyway, I’ve come to Hermertia because I don’t really know where I belong. And not because I forgot where I belong! I’ve just never known anything that felt like home. Not even my home felt like home! Oh, speaking of home, I come from a land far to the east of h... Wait… West? No… Uh… Really far away from here. My parents kicked me out of the house because… Well, I can’t or don’t want to remember, but I stowed away on a ship and I had to punch some people to get on because they saw me sneaking. Oh yeah, that reminds me! I really like punching things! My dad used to say that if I kept punching people, I would eventually get punched back but all the people I punch go to sleep or run away. I think. Maybe I have been punched before. Maybe that’s why I don’t remember things. For example, sometimes I can’t even remember my last name! But I guess Winston is a hard name to remember. Wait, I already said that. Oh no.

I try really hard to remember everything, I do. But I can’t. I forget a lot things. But some things I’ll always remember. I remember what my house looked like and I remember my parents’ faces as they were forcing me to leave. I remember the friends I left behind and I remember watching the sunsets with them. Those are the important things, I think. I’ll always remember the important things. I really hope there are even more important things to remember here in… Her... mer… Hermertia! See? I’m getting better already!”

So that’s it for Emi’s bio and that would be the end of the application, but I notice you guys ask a few questions so I’ll get some of those out of the way.

-Do you understand the liege system?
Yes I do.
- If a dispute arose over land claims, how would you resolve it?
In character, Emi would probably forget that that land even belonged to her, unless it was one of her “important things” and it would probably be uncontested for the other party. If it is one of her “important things”, then Emi would call upon her superior to help her resolve this. Failing that, Emi will try her best to resolve peacefully herself, and if that fails, Emi will start punching.
Actually, I guess my process would be the same for OOC as well.
- What kinds of biomes do you usually build in?
I actually really like building in and around water. Islands, coasts, and even the middle of the ocean are my favorite areas. However, I’m guessing that a city in the middle of the ocean isn’t exactly lore friendly here.
- How long have you played MC?
Shortly after Alpha released. So, a long time.
- What is your minecraft login name?
FuzzyBlueLights
- Do you play any other games?
Civ V and VI, Guild Wars 2, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4 and PUBattlegrounds are the ones I play at the moment.
-Do I have discord/mic and am I willing to join in?
I have both, yes and I do plan on joining in. However, I’m a bit shy/anxious when it comes to meeting new people so it may take me a while to come around.
-Where did you hear about us?
The subreddit /r/mcservers.
Pictures of Past Builds:
http://imgur.com/a/lxgfJ

Last edited by Emi on May 18th, 2017, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 1:59 am 
King

Welcome to Hermertia!

As far as applications go, this is a very strong and very well written one, you've demonstrated an ability to build your character's setting and show some of the personality through in this brief section. I can tell you'll be a great part of our server!

We love new people and hearing that you also play other games makes me very happy also, We play Civ 5 and now 6 as well, so we can have some fun with that as well when theres a few people on and keen for games! :D (Roglar our resident German loves to try his skills against new players :P )

You have my vote straight up, you can post some pictures of a build or two in creative that you can whip up, that'll only strengthen an already incredibly good application.

You need 60% of Kings ( currently 2 out of 3) or 50% of Kings and 60% of Dukes (2 out of 3) to get in! so almost there already :P

We are trying a new thing whereby we give our discord so you can chat with us during the application process, ill PM you the details so you can come in and speak and get a feel for the place, we love new players, youll fit right in as well with the rest of the new guys!

- Sam

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 2:07 am 
Duke

Fantastic application! I'm actually super excited to see what your lore morphs into and what you'll contribute in general~! You answered all the questions I really need so you have my vote for sure! Though being only a duke it might just get written over soon by another king haha.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 2:49 am 
Settler

Thank you for your votes and compliments, guys. I'll be honest, I was a little worried that my post was a little too long and with too little detail, but you guys seem to really like it! So thanks again.

I've added a link to an imgur album to the bottom of my post. It's a small project that I whipped up in about 30 minutes so it's not my best work at all. If you need more, let me know, but I'll probably work on another one anyway just to be safe.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 3:06 am 
Duke

Worry not! This post is exactly the kind of thing we are looking for in an applicant. You have my vote!

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 3:54 am 
Duke

First I'd like to say congratulations!! Give it a day or two to let people offer then make your choice! :)

Reinen is a newer dutchy with a lot of room for expansion and progression. So sadly there aren’t many things to show yet.

I’m located in the little red spot in the middle between the blue and yellow so I’m at a good central location and generally close to everyone.

Here’s a quickly put together map of my area closer up with biome breakdown. I have a pretty diverse duchy so really any kind of place you want to build I have save a few select biomes.

You would basically have the freedom to build what you'd like and my resources of course would be open to your use as well. Also, you are by no means stuck there with me. If you wish to work with others on co-builds or explore the world it’s fine with me. Whatever the case you will always have a safe place to rest your head and eat in my lands if needed.

If you have any questions ask away!
I hope to see you in game soon!

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 3:55 am 
King

You're now in! You can now accept offers from us!

I'd like to offer you a place in Dawnstar, a rugged land with much to offer and be developed, with links across the Empire. Check my Realm page for more information!

I have cold biomes and forest/plains mostly, and have an almost entirely elven population at the moment but it's becoming more opento outsiders as time goes on under Samyrrah's rule.

There is a significant number of open spaces, islands on the coastlines to develop if you wish, and a lot of opportunities to seize!

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 3:40 am 
Settler

(I don't really know if I'm supposed to do this bit in character. Just tell me, and I'll rewrite it.)

So, after some deliberation, I've decided to go with Duchess Aethemora of Reinen. It seems to be somewhat of a fledgling duchy and I quite enjoy getting in early when it comes to these sorts of things. I await your approval. :)

In other news, I recently run into an issue with my Minecraft account. I can still access it and play, but it's a Legacy account and thus, I can't change my skin into something that would represent Emi. So I'm trying to get that figured out. So until I can, I'll probably not join the server. Should only take a few days. I hope that's okay.

Also, my crest should be done tomorrow.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 5:07 am 
Duke

Fantastic! I'm extremely pleased you decided to join me. I'll be sending you a pm with the server info and we can get to planning when you can get on and I can give you the grand tour!

PostPosted: May 19th, 2017, 12:52 pm 
King

Congratulations! Aethemora is a great liege!