All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 3:23 am 
Settler

I want to join Hermertia because I used to play on a minecraft server but it's has slowly gotten less and less populated to the point where the norm is to have no one online therefore, I've been looking to join a minecraft server. I want to join this server because I've been looking into some role playing games (Guild wars 2, neverwinter, etc.) but still wanted to play some minecraft. When I found this server on reddit, I thought "this is perfect! It combines the 2 things I want." I've also started playing DnD so I'm not afraid to gamble with roleplay and acting "abnormal" in situations, so I feel like this will be a great fit because there are no limitations to what you can do in minecraft.

What I would do in hermertia is probably be a trader. Usually on minecraft servers, I get geared enough to explore and I find villages, end cities and anything else that yields loot, and trade it off to other players.

In the world of minecraft, I usually do everything. I build big farms (sometimes automatic too), I LOVE to work with redstone and building is also something enjoy. Overall, I just loving playing the game and seeing what I can do with it.
For some backstory, I'd like to be a farmer who grew up with only some basic education. When I grew up, I finally left my farm to go explore the lands. I made money selling and trading goods. I would be about 25 - 30 years of age.

Pictures of builds:
http://imgur.com/a/Me7UZ
There are actually more builds I have done, but I didn't screenshot them :( .

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 3:24 pm 
Count

Good Afternoon and welcome to the forums.
Do you have any questions for us? Have you taken a look at our history/lore part of the forums?

Communication is pretty much split. Most lore and rp interaction goes through the forums. At the same time we are using discord to talk to each other and keep in touch aswell. Do you have a microphone?

Would you like to stay with a liege for a longer period of time to work on a bigger project or head out yourself after a while? (I know hard to answer, at this point ^^)

Fleshing out your background story does not need to happen all at once. Most of the time it's more of a longer development after some interaction with other players.

If you want I can send you an invitation to our discord group over the PM system of the forums.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 5:24 pm 
Settler

I would love a discord invite link, but I can't use the PM system on the forums. "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature." I think I can still receive messages though so just PM me the link. Thanks!

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 7:30 pm 
King

Welcome!

Nice to hear an origin story that doesn't involve people getting killed or their entire lands being razed or destroyed :P Your lore can develop and expand as you play, and nothing is set in stone until youre sure thats what youre going with :)

And most of us keep the lore to what we make and build, and to stories not really concerning our daily interactions, as we keep time in game for speaking in discord, but we will speak in game chat in character if we want an interaction. It's pick and choose when you want to any interactions :)

Looking forward to seeing you in game at some time, have you read the liege-vassal system?

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 8:38 pm 
Settler

I have not been able to find any posts explaining the liege-vassal system, the closest I have found is the following link
http://hermertia.com/imperial-library/doku.php?id=wiki:explanation
If you can provide any links to posts or explanations, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 9:57 pm 
King

Read that :) Keep it up, ask any questions you have and post on here often to have a better chance to get in sooner!

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=192

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 10:48 pm 
Settler

Thanks for the link! That's actually a pretty unique method of making sure no one can get "left behind" when they just join a server, as in since they are new, they won't be completely out geared and "left in the dust".

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 1:24 pm 
King

Yeah it's a good idea. And also, I sent you a link for your discord invite in a PM :)

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 1:57 pm 
Count

me 2! ^^

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 3:05 am 
King

Awesome application so far! Keep it going! Just a couple more questions:

- what would you do if you experienced a conflict?

- what is your favourite biome you like building in?

Look forward to the responses!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next