All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Troesten's Application
PostPosted: April 28th, 2017, 3:43 am 
Hello.

I am a early 20s male looking to join the Hermertia. I love RPGs and always have, but I want something less story focused and combat driven, but rather closer to a real society created by real people who don't act in predictable ways like most video games. I played 2007 Runescape years ago and went back and tried the new version, but I couldn't get myself into it. I am hoping to just be a normal citizen with a normal life, maybe a barkeep or shop owner. I want to interact with real people in a fantasy environment.
I have been involved in re-enactments to an extent, mostly focusing on 1790s American Frontier and Victorian England.
Within the world of Hermertia I want to like an unassuming life as a shop owner, perhaps moving to a more scholarly/historical position as I progress. I am not much good at building or redstone, but I do have a talent for, and love role playing common people. I am more than willing to do grunt work such as farming or clearing plots of land. I am applying as a working class citizen.
I am the son of Navyman for the Empire, my father was lost during The War (I haven't gotten through the lore too much, I am hoping to learn by talking with people and reading once in the game). I want to be more successful than my father but after losing him, I am afraid of conflict and will try to keep peace and if that fails, I take a defensive stance and escape whenever possible. I am dedicated to the Empire and take great pride in the security that they provide.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2017, 3:56 am 
King

Great application so far! Just a few typical questions:

- do you have any examples of your builds?
- what biomes do you like to build in the most or do you not have a preference?
- would you like to remain under a liege or maybe adventure out on your own when possible?

Look forward to the responses!

PostPosted: April 28th, 2017, 12:30 pm 
King

Welcome!

Good application so far, you seem like a very interested and invested kind of player, cool!

For the most part, we've got a forum based lore setting within which we talk in character, and also we text chat in game for lore based interactions when we want to do those, but we're not always in character, as we're usually talking in discord as many of us have been here for years and are pillars of the community. It is however something that is pretty fun and something you're free to do as much or as little as you wish, we're always willing to be in character :)

For the most part, your humble shop keeper will likely grow into a mayor or leader of a small town/area, and then eventually a Count under a liege. At that point you can strike out on your own to found your own Realm, so there are many, many possibilities for your lore! :)

What did you like the most about the advert you saw for our server?

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your application!

- Sam

PostPosted: April 30th, 2017, 5:56 am 
Duke

Good app so far! Looking forward to your replys :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 3:13 am 
Duke

Hey! I see you've been on. If you're stuck you can always ask questions but you do need to reply if you wanna be let on here :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: May 6th, 2017, 10:25 pm 
Sorry everyone! I was waiting to see if there were more responses so I could take care of everything at once. I have not actively played Minecraft in quite a while. I am not a super accomplished builder but I can do basic structures fairly decently. I don't have much preference for any biome over any other. My current plan is to stay under a liege for quite a while, just live out day to day in the world.

I am quite excited (assuming I am allowed on) to see what becomes of my character in the world. As for the "ad" for the server, I didn't see an ad or anything. I just spent waaay too much time looking for the right kind of server for me.

I have a few questions for you guys:
How many people are on the server regularly?
Around how many are on at any given time?
Are there dedicated times when people plan to get on and just interact?

PostPosted: May 6th, 2017, 10:49 pm 
Count

Good evening Troesten,
sorry for my late response to this thread. I've been a little busy recently with work.
First of all welcome to the server.
Right now the number of our members which are on regularly is a little diminished after a small community falling out. I would say we have around 10-15 members, who are on regularly and the same amount of members, who have active and passiv time spans. Right now, we are actively increasing these numbers again. Most players are in US time zones. But we have a few Europeans (myself included), who play at other times and also a few other players from around the whole globe. Since most of us are in there mid to late 20 we are most often online in the evenings (jobs and family to take time aswell ^^ )

Interactions RP is mostly text forum based right now. But I for example would be up for live sessions over discord aswell. I remember quite a few slighty drunk RP sessions with legendary results :-D A good time and place for those are community projects, which we have and will have on a regular basis.

Any other questions I might answer for you?

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 2:22 pm 
King

We just come on and play together and build, most of us have been on here for years or longer so we have a lot of fun and are friends, so we speak in discord and shoot the shit, RP is usually what we do on the forums or in game text chat if we're in the mood or have something planned.

We dont have specific planned times for interactions, its just what you do off the cuff, sometimes we've had lore battles where we need a few people to come on and take part, or trials or lore events in some other capacity.

Most of the time we're just either visiting or building our stuff up :)