All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Horler's Application.
PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 11:24 pm 
Settler

1. Greetings! I'm Chris, I am 25 years old. I am from USA, Texas. I currently live in South Africa for the past 5 years. I have not played minecraft in about a year and since then my server has closed that I was playing on for about 4 years (Escapecraft if your interested in which it was.) I have been looking around for a replacement server that have as nice community. I saw your post on Reddit/MCservers it caught my attention so I figured I would give applying a shot. I am hoping to get back into playing quite actively and make some new friends in the process. I am hoping to find a nice well rounded and friendly community to enjoy the game with.

2. If I am accepted I generally play solo but I would not mind trying new style of co-op under a liege once I get used to the server. I typically play as a Huntsman and farmer.

3. I am a very quick study so learning a new skill is well within my abilities. I would very much like to pursue Redstone Engineering if there are any willing teachers. I have always been fond of breeding out the best horses possible within the game. I have done a few builds but none that are up to the quality I have seen from your videos. I have re-constructed build's I have seen other's do and add my own slight changes to but they were more modern builds.

4. I Have never really created a backstory before so please bare with. My name is Horler Xenphek but you can call me Horler. I am a Middle aged human. I was separated from my family as a young boy and cannot remember much of them. I have always been drawn to nature since I was young growing up and surviving in the wilds I taught myself to Hunt, Fish ,and Survive only depending on my own skill and intellect. I am a Hunter by trade and a journeyman horse breeder. I have no religion to speak of but I am spiritual and go where nature and the elements will me. Going where my travels take me as I advance my skills as a builder and huntsman I arrived in the lands of the Mercurian Empire awaiting whatever the elements have in store for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Regards, Horler.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 1:16 am 
Count

First of all thanks for the Application and welcome to the forum.

Most of us here didn't started as roleplayers either so no worries about your backstory. There is allways time to improve it and work on it. While playing, we mainly comunicate over discord, so my first question is wether or not you have a microphone. It's not a must have, but it makes talking so much more fun and a lot easier.

Second question (man, I'm on a roll today):
Do you have any Screenshots of builds from your past?

Third and last question from me right now:
Do you have any favourite biomes to work in? Or do you want to try something totally new?

Sincerely,
Roglar

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 1:23 am 
Settler

Thanks for getting to me so quickly Roglar. I do have a Mic and Discord aswell as Teamspeak.
I have formatted and reinstalled my PC and not backed up 99% of my screenshots so I might have 1 I will try to link it.
I typically build in the Forrest but I am up for anything other than desert (don't like the feel of it)

Design is not mine but I built it from the ground up :)

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 2:02 am 
King

Great start! Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

I'm impressed with the build quality there, looks very modern of course, you have the groundwork there for design skills. You're going to be in my time zone (finally another person for me and Roglar to play with at reasonable hours :P )

As Roglar says, we mostly didn't start as a Role Playing player, we just build it up over time and create piece by piece a history, backstory, personality and character to interact with others through. This is accomplished mostly in forums or in spontaneous in game chat (via text) in character. Voice chat is reserved mostly for simply chatting and talking complete nonsense while we build and have fun as a community. You're in the right place for a group of close friends that will last for years ( I have been here for over 3 years now and have loved every second of it ! ).

I'll give you your vote once you've answered a few questions as I like your enthusiasm and willingness to learn!

These aren't trick questions and there's no wrong answer, we're not super harsh for judging answers don't worry! :D

- How would you go about settling a territory expansion dispute?
- Have you read and understood the liege vassal system?
- What other games do you play?

- Emperor Sammich

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 12:26 pm 
Settler

I would state my side of the dispute to a proper authority and let the other person do the same with his and whatever the person who is in charge says I am completely fine with.
I have read and understand the Liege/Vassal system.
I play a number of games (Guildwars 1-2, World of Tanks, ARK are the main ones I have been playing lately but I play all kinds of genera's)

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 2:26 pm 
King

Sounds like a good answer to me. You've got my vote ! You need another 2 kings to get in at present time or 1 other king And at present 2 dukes ! good luck!

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 3:57 pm 
Settler

Thanks! Hope to get approved :)

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 8:57 pm 
Duke

Seems like you'd be a good fit. You have my duke vote!

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 9:59 pm 
Settler

Cheers :D

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 11:28 pm 
King

Definitely have my Royal vote too. Great application and can't wait to see you on.