All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sheluvedit's Application
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 4:26 pm 
Settler

Hey, I am an American guy in my mid-20s who mostly plays video games when not at work (Full time 9-5 work). I am looking for a cool minecraft server to hopefully make some online friends. This server seemed cool due to the Role play elements ( I have played D&D/pathfinder in the past) and the vassal/lord structure. It is cool that you rank up not through intense grinding for imaginary points but with an actual relationship with another person.

In Hermertia, I want to start off under a liege, creating a home and then becoming a resource generator/trader. Eventually after I am a bit more developed in the realm I would like to explore to find places for better profit opportunities. I enjoy farming and mining and building, though I am not good at creating the plans to build from.

Shel Uvedit was born the third child to a poor pumpkin farmer. He helped on the farm until after one particularly bad night when one of his siblings accidentally left the fence open. A group of roaming creepers blew up the summer harvest, leaving the barelly surviving family to even tougher times. In order to survive, Shel's father made all the children over 12 leave the farm so that he could feed himself and his remaining children. Shel was 14 at this time and so was given enough food for 5 days and a little coin to make his way in the world. Shel started by doing some odd jobs, trading work in mines and farms for either food or travel to new places, always trying to find a place he could place his roots. While working in the mines at age 16, Shel learned of a glorious Mercurian Empire and hoped that this could be the place for him. Shel then worked towards finding this land. After 3 more years of work, Shel was able to find the location of this land, and travel there. He now sits at the gates, hoping to find a land that he can call his own.

Shel is 19 years old, and has no family anymore. Due to his background, he has very little knowledge of his original culture, forming his own ideas from his work in many cultures. Religiously, he believes in a God of the workers named Alteron. He heard of this god while on a tin mining job, and the idea of a god that gives strength to those that toil resonated with him. He was unable to learn much but scraps of the other gods of this pantheon. He believes that this God transcends a single religion and that his worship can be found in any.

I was unable to find any information on the races found in this world and so I have left that blank. If anyone has any links to a discussion on races I would love to read it.

Eater of fine breads

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 6:00 pm 
Count

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your Application.

Since we are allways in dire need of pumpkins since the infamous Snowman crisis, we are happy to find you application here. Do the woreshippers of Alteron wear tinfoil hats on their heads by any chance?
Today is a good day! I learned a new word. "Toil" rarely happens to me, but I had to look that one up :-D

Which biomes do you prefer for building and are you more of a giant project typ-a-guy or more small stuff and taking it step by step?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 6:20 pm 
Settler

Thanks for the welcome!

The followers of Alteron actually wear wooden helmets whenever they work to remind them of their first steps in the world.
I prefer woods, mountains, or coasts to build personally. I am more of an incremental builder, i build small but in a way that i can expand it later piece by piece.

Eater of fine breads

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 7:01 pm 
King

Roglar wrote:
Today is a good day! I learned a new word. "Toil" rarely happens to me, but I had to look that one up :-D

I believe you ;)

Shenanigans aside with our resident German, welcome to the server!
You are just the kind of player we're looking for, youll have a lot of success very quickly with this application.

As for races there are a few to choose from, and for the most part, as long as its not ridiculous, and is discussed beforehand to make sure its not bonkers, we'll let you either choose something else or make up a more interesting race. Humans, Elves of all kinds, Dwarves, Orcs, pretty standard, but we're open to discussion if you have any cool ideas for another type of race.

Do you have any build examples?

We all have our own lands, anyone from Count level or above can have their own independent Realm. You can stay with your Liege-lord for as long as you like of course, and carve out Counties and Duchies under them. Counties are comprised of either a large town or several smaller connected builds of any kinds, let your imagination go wild on that, and Duchies are comprised of 3 Counties, it's all in the rules and laws of course.

Do you use Voice Chat?

I'll give you my King vote most likely after I hear your responses!

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 7:14 pm 
Settler

Hey,

In the case of race, that was what I expected but wanted to make sure. Shel Uvedit is a dwarf then, it seems to fit him the most.

As for build examples, not really. This will be my first time on a MP server that was not friends really, and with my friends I mostly did tech mods so our buildings were more utility than beauty, I am looking to get into this kind of minecrafting because it seems really fun!

Voice chat, yep. I believe you guys use discord which is what I have used most in recent times, but being a WoW raider i have used pretty much every voice ip.

I will probably stay with my liege-lord for a good amount of time while I get used to this play style.

Eater of fine breads

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 7:26 pm 
King

Hello and welcome!

I liked your application and thank you for taking the time to respond so quickly to the questions. You have my royal vote!

Once you are accepted it may be easier to get liege offers if you have build examples as well. Just something to maybe work on while you are waiting. Doesn't have to be anything massive just something to give someone an idea of your capabilities.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 7:31 pm 
King

sheluvedit wrote:
Hey,

In the case of race, that was what I expected but wanted to make sure. Shel Uvedit is a dwarf then, it seems to fit him the most.

As for build examples, not really. This will be my first time on a MP server that was not friends really, and with my friends I mostly did tech mods so our buildings were more utility than beauty, I am looking to get into this kind of minecrafting because it seems really fun!

Voice chat, yep. I believe you guys use discord which is what I have used most in recent times, but being a WoW raider i have used pretty much every voice ip.

I will probably stay with my liege-lord for a good amount of time while I get used to this play style.

Ah excellent! Not a lot of Dwarfs out there so good to see that diversity.

You can, as Scrios says, build something in creative, even if its only a single building, dont worry about it too much though :)
And you are right, this kind of minecrafting is extremely fun.

Glad to hear you're into voice chat, I was apprehensive the first time I played WoW in a rated battleground with a bunch of people I didn't know but it was fine and a tonne of fun!

You've got my Royal Vote also!

You need 60% Active Kings or 50% Active Kings and 60% Active Dukes to get in !

Looking forward to seeing you in game eventually,

Speaking of that, what is your Login Name for MC so we can add you to the whitelist?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 8:36 pm 
Settler

Login name : Sheluvedit

As for build stuff, are you guys looking for screenshots?

Eater of fine breads

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 9:09 pm 
Count

We love screenshots! ^^

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 9:42 pm 
King

Yeah just a screenshot, make it in creative :)