All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Begyi's Application
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 7:59 am 
Settler

Hello, everybody. My name is Begyi, and I live in Canada as a 17 year old.The first thing that interested me about this server was its medieval atmosphere and unique role-playing attributes, like the liege/vassal system. This server encourages players to engage with others to build and expand, which is one characteristic that I have always wanted in a server. I usually just build alone in every survival server; without the company of other builders, servers tend to get dull. With this liege/vassal system, I really believe that this server can provide a different experience from the rest. I first heard about this server from Reddit, and it interested me very quickly.

Some goals that I have in mind when I am accepted is really just developing a small town into something insane. I would probably work under a liege and build continuously. Another goal, is to become somewhat of a journeyman for architecture and building. This would be sweet, seeing all the different towns and different building styles.

I'd like to think that I am a decent builder. Seeing the photo album from the server, I feel like I would definitely suit and compliment the medieval style well. Another thing that I do well is mining and archery; I have the luck of a thousand men, and can split the shaft of an arrow from the back with ease..! What can I say, I'm just a full-rounded player.

Lastly, this is very first attempt to role play in Minecraft, so if anything is wrong about my character, please tell me. P.S may be cringe

I found myself, eyes open to the sight of a magnificent gate; "Hermertia", it stood. "How am I here..." I thought to myself. Then, the small shards of memories began to fill my conscience, and the torment of my past I soon began to reminiscence. Not once, have I felt this much release, this much happiness.. this much freedom to be.. lost. You see, I was always a slave; burdened by my family's history, I was forced to mine, and my eyes never saw the light of day. I never knew my family, hell I never even knew myself. One thing I truly knew, was that I was definitely getting out; sooner or later. That I did. We all did. Together with my human kinfolk, we overpowered the guards and managed to permanently leave the mine; some did not manage, but I was one of the lucky few. Now, as I stand aside this enormous gate, I feel a rush of adrenaline. It may just be the small shivers from the lonely, cold winter breeze. But, one thing is for certain; I can finally explore and do the thing I desire most; to live.

Post subject: Re: Begyi's Application
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 1:02 pm 
King

Welcome Begyi!

Great application so far, Glad to hear you are interested in the server's dynamic and how we run things. Your quest for building a town into a City is a grand one and is how many of us have progressed! We always visit each other and say hello, helping out with builds if required and adding to each others places when requested! We do Co-Builds all the time, and currently we've got a Pirate Bay style build in the deep wilderness off the coast of Casadia. It's a lot of fun!

Your lore is fine, i'd imagine it'd be the gates of a particular city or a port or something that you wash up on or have arrived at through a caravan or ship, our Empire is a huge oval shape so there's plenty of ways you could have arrived, or indeed, plenty of areas that are still unexplored, could have been a society of some kind holding you and your fellow slaves prisoner. Plenty of time to work on another back story.

Most of the time our lore interactions are on the forums in the appropriate sub forums, Like the Diplomatic Court, and Imperial Court. Most of the rest of the time we're just talking as we usually would IRL :) In game as well, we occasionally have lore-events that ]have us in character, such as coronation events, legal court cases, or spontaneous talking about a subject in character.

Do you have any builds that you have to show us a look at your style?

and a few more generic questions:

- If a dispute arose over land claims, how would you resolve it?
- What kinds of biomes do you usually build in?
- How long have you played MC?
- What is your minecraft login name?
- Do you play any other games? We frequently play Civ VI, Battlefield 1, and a few more together when not playing MC :)

Good luck! This is a great start and you'll get the required votes no problem I think, ill most likely give you mine after you answer those questions!

You need 60% of Kings, or 50% Kings + 60% of Dukes to get in!

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 1:07 pm 
Duke

I love the application! Don't worry, your RP was far from cringeworthy. I look forward to your answers to Sam's questions. From what I've seen so far, I think you'd be a great fit for the server!

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 1:41 pm 
King

Great application so far! I also look forward to the answers to Sam's questions. They are good to know for those that will be voting.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 2:53 pm 
Count

First of all welcome to the forums and thanks for the application.

You could be a escaped Slave from a certain "Hanf" Plantation near Freewater (the Pirate Bay ^^ ).

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 8:36 pm 
Settler

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Welcome Begyi!

Great application so far, Glad to hear you are interested in the server's dynamic and how we run things. Your quest for building a town into a City is a grand one and is how many of us have progressed! We always visit each other and say hello, helping out with builds if required and adding to each others places when requested! We do Co-Builds all the time, and currently we've got a Pirate Bay style build in the deep wilderness off the coast of Casadia. It's a lot of fun!

Your lore is fine, i'd imagine it'd be the gates of a particular city or a port or something that you wash up on or have arrived at through a caravan or ship, our Empire is a huge oval shape so there's plenty of ways you could have arrived, or indeed, plenty of areas that are still unexplored, could have been a society of some kind holding you and your fellow slaves prisoner. Plenty of time to work on another back story.

Most of the time our lore interactions are on the forums in the appropriate sub forums, Like the Diplomatic Court, and Imperial Court. Most of the rest of the time we're just talking as we usually would IRL :) In game as well, we occasionally have lore-events that ]have us in character, such as coronation events, legal court cases, or spontaneous talking about a subject in character.

Do you have any builds that you have to show us a look at your style?

and a few more generic questions:

- If a dispute arose over land claims, how would you resolve it?
- What kinds of biomes do you usually build in?
- How long have you played MC?
- What is your minecraft login name?
- Do you play any other games? We frequently play Civ VI, Battlefield 1, and a few more together when not playing MC :)

Good luck! This is a great start and you'll get the required votes no problem I think, ill most likely give you mine after you answer those questions!

You need 60% of Kings, or 50% Kings + 60% of Dukes to get in!

If there was a dispute over land claims, I would most likely attempt to resolve it with some barter over resources, maybe trading another part of land or giving certain trade exceptions. However, worst comes to worst, I'll stay loyal to my liege and fight... to the death!

Some biomes I usually favor to build in are the plains, forests, and roofed forests. However, I am not restricted to just those biomes, and would not mind building in a different area.

I have played probably around three years on and off in Minecraft, usually with some friends. My Minecraft login name is Begyi as well.

Some other games that I play are Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Tf2, and League of Legends.My laptop is a potato, so I can't run battlefield 1. 8( I'll definitely change my lore up a little bit as time goes on, thanks for the suggestion. Lastly, here are some builds that I have done.

imgur.com/a/JV33Y

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 9:10 pm 
Count

Sadly the image is not working :-/

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 10:42 pm 
Duke

I changed it to show the link. I love your build style! You have my duke vote!

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 11:20 pm 
King

Those are high quality builds! You're got my vote !

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 11:50 pm 
Settler

Thanks for the votes guys. If you want, you can request a build for me to do and I'll happily accept. I have a lot of builds already somewhat prepared if I do make it through with my application, so if you want to see some of my ideas, please ask!