All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Marcus Application
PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 10:51 am 
Applicant

Hey there. I am gonna tell you a little bit about me, but not too much... Anyway lets start with the basics. Hi my name is Marcus and I currently live in New Zealand. I am 16 years of age. My IGN is 1Taaj. And guess what? I love Minecraft. I happened to stumble upon this gem after my friend (who wants to join) mentioned a society like server. And you know what, this is just what I have been looking for. I honestly want to be able to interact with new players. I also hope to learn all about your lore and gameplay. P.s I love Minecraft... Oh I said that. I heard that you use discord and that’s great cause I do too. I am happy to contact you guys. I normally come on at 3:30Pm New Zealand time. But check discord throughout the day.
Once I am accepted I would hopefully set up a small business like a general store or something. I felt this is a great way to interact with other players and get to know there stories. I also would like to hunt and grow my own produce. So like a small farm with livestock. Nothing fancy.
I don’t like to say I am spectacular at anything but I can do decent redstone engineering, and I am quite handy with a bow. Plus I am amazing at running away! I used to build a lot and I can probably do that some time in the future although I’m not really interested in doing that. I have a very friendly welcoming attitude when it comes to meeting new people.

Ok here we go.
My name is Marcus Wilston born to Henry Wilston and Mary Poppet. was born in a farm house maybe a mile from the fortified castle, Oak hold. The midwife did what she could but in the end my Mother died shortly after childbirth. As soon as I could hold a shovel I was required to help my father tend crops. And every Saturday we would head into Oakhold to sell our produce. Soon after my tenth birthday my father became ill and couldn’t work anymore so I started going to market on my own. Food was starting to run short and I stopped making money. It seemed that the Wilston family were going to perish. After another hard labouring year my poor father died and I was moved into a religious orphanage. I never enjoyed chapel or praying and decided to run away. That was when I met my good friend Toby from glenfield who taught me to hunt. At fifteen I made my way back to Oakhold to sell my Meats and furs. Only to find we were at war. My old farm and animals destroyed and slaughtered. The castle would not let me take refuge as I may be an enemy spy. So I left once again and wandered the lands in search of a new home until atlast I stumbled upon the gates of this mighty empire

Post subject: Re: Marcus Application
PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm 
King

Hey! Welcome to the Mercurian Empire! I love the enthusiasm, great start!

You are our first New Zealander to apply, and i'm looking forward to hearing that accent haha, will be nice to have someone else with a cool sounding voice ( all the rest of the guys except 1 german are boring canadian/american voices!)

There's a lot to explore, and a lot to get around and see on this server, with many Realms and areas that can be explored at your leisure. You can play however you wish, most of us have our own hamlet, farmstead or tiny village at the very least, either in our own Realms once you are the rank of Count or higher, or in the Realm of your liege who you select.

You've answered yes to voice chat which is a bonus, and also have shown enthusiasm for our server and history!

- Have you read the vassal system and how it works?

- Do you have pictures of any builds you've previously done ?

Thank you for the application! (Sorry I've been busy so I couldn't reply earlier :P )

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 2:24 pm 
King

Amazing start so far! On top of the Empresses questions:

- how would you handle a conflict if you were presented with it?

- would you want to remain under a liege or eventually venture out on your own?

- what kind of biomes interest you the most to build in?

Look forward to hearing your responses!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 4:14 pm 
Count

Welcome Welcome. Thanks for the nice Application.
One question comes to mind immediately since you are from New Zealand:

Do you like sheep? ^^

(Now a serious question) Additionally I would like to know, if you have a headset, since a lot happens over discord. It's not a requirement but it makes interaction more personal.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 8:52 pm 
Applicant

Roglar wrote:
Welcome Welcome. Thanks for the nice Application.
One question comes to mind immediately since you are from New Zealand:

Do you like sheep? ^^

(Now a serious question) Additionally I would like to know, if you have a headset, since a lot happens over discord. It's not a requirement but it makes interaction more personal.

To be honest I do love sheep. I was raised on a farm out in the country before moving to the city. So I kinda want to do that in Hermertia. I hope to set up a small buisness selling my crops and produce.
I also Have a headset with a good mic, And usually come online after 3:30pm NZ time.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 9:00 pm 
Applicant

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Hey! Welcome to the Mercurian Empire! I love the enthusiasm, great start!

You are our first New Zealander to apply, and i'm looking forward to hearing that accent haha, will be nice to have someone else with a cool sounding voice ( all the rest of the guys except 1 german are boring canadian/american voices!)

There's a lot to explore, and a lot to get around and see on this server, with many Realms and areas that can be explored at your leisure. You can play however you wish, most of us have our own hamlet, farmstead or tiny village at the very least, either in our own Realms once you are the rank of Count or higher, or in the Realm of your liege who you select.

You've answered yes to voice chat which is a bonus, and also have shown enthusiasm for our server and history!

- Have you read the vassal system and how it works?

- Do you have pictures of any builds you've previously done ?

Thank you for the application! (Sorry I've been busy so I couldn't reply earlier :P )

Hey thanks for the reply. I currently don't have any pictures of my builds but i can get you some this evening. I don't think i have read the vassal system yet but i read through all the laws and acts that are enforced in game. I have also told my friend that he should join. his name is ybot520. sounds like an awesome bunch of people.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 9:22 pm 
Applicant

Scrios IV wrote:
Amazing start so far! On top of the Empresses questions:

- how would you handle a conflict if you were presented with it?

- would you want to remain under a liege or eventually venture out on your own?

- what kind of biomes interest you the most to build in?

Look forward to hearing your responses!

When you say conflict do you mean an argument or a dispute on forum or in game? Or do you mean like a war or battle? Either way i would do all in my power to end the conflict. I dont generally argue and would rather stay clear of arguments and disputes. I am handy with a bow and would serve in a war if i was needed.

I would try to be independent when it comes to food and reasources but i still would like to interact with other players. I hope to set up a general store in the city or just a stall at first. A liege seems like it would offer more protection so i would choose that.

As i said i dont want to build for the server but am happy to help out. I do favor forested biomes or snowy ones but for a farm i dont think snow would be good.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 9:33 pm 
Count

Thanks for the fast reply. Looking forward to have you join our bunch here.

Have you seen the gloriest movie to ever be produced in New Zealand?

Black Sheep! :-D

Hope the Dukes and Kings come around soon to vote for you. Looking forward to have a chat on discord. See ya!

Post Scriptum: Have you thought about wether you would like to participate in a big build of your liege or start out on your own on his territory somewhere?

EDIT: Just saw, that you allready answered the question.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 9:38 pm 
Applicant

Roglar wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply. Looking forward to have you join our bunch here.

Have you seen the gloriest movie to ever be produced in New Zealand?

Black Sheep! :-D

Hope the Dukes and Kings come around soon to vote for you. Looking forward to have a chat on discord. See ya!

Post Scriptum: Have you thought about wether you would like to participate in a big build of your liege or start out on your own on his territory somewhere?

EDIT: Just saw, that you allready answered the question.

I havent seen the movie black sheep. But did you know that the hobbit and the lord of the rings were made in New zealand. ^^

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Count

So?

They don't even play in the same league as Black Sheep. Would be an unfair comparison for LOTR. Man, it has a gargantuan sheep monster! What are mere dwarfs and elves in comparison to that!