All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Grizaj's Application
PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 5:43 am 
Settler

A bit about myself:
My in-game username is Grizaj. I found out about Hermertia on reddit.com. I usually don't apply to join servers, but Hermertia caught my eye because of its complex history. Recently, I played on a lore-focused server featuring a system of territorial conquest but there was not much to do beyond conflict. I'm interested in Hermertia due to its intriguing background and trailer.

Goals and talents:
Since I'm curious about the Hermertia's history, I'd like to become an explorer. I want to see what Hermertia's various settings have to offer. I'd like to meet all kinds of people along the way. I'm a decent physical fighter and builder as well. Eventually, I'd like to open a shop in a popular location. I don't have many pictures of things I've built, except for these:

Character background:
I'm originally a wanderer of Loka, an island. Seeking a home, I joined the nation, Arvik. Initially, I lived with two roommates in the small attic of a public house. I continued to wander Loka, returning to Arvik just before sunset. I took pride in relics I'd collected from my journeys. Especially, my purple boots. I sported them all around Loka, occasionally losing them. I always found a way to retrieve them, though. I loved meeting people on my trips. Ignorant of Lokan politics, I'd even befriend enemies somtimes. But as Arvik's relationships with other nations declines, so did my adventures. I was given a home in Arvik and work. Working under a local tailor, I developed clothing lines for Arvik's people and allies. From this point, rare clothing was the target of my missions. I was dedicated to improving the shop's contents, gaining acquaintances along the way. I'd never before considered leaving Arvik until the robbery of a rare piece left the townspeople pointing their fingers at me. I dashed away, escaping into the night, bringing nothing; not even my purple boots.

Post subject: Re: Grizaj's Application
PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 2:12 pm 
Duke

A tragic tale of the loss of your boots. You've certainly put together a solid application here and I think you'd be a great addition to the server! As such, I am happy to extend you your first duchal vote. You'll need a few other king and duke votes to be accepted, but I'm sure those will follow shortly.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 3:38 pm 
Count

Greetings Grizaj,
I know the feeling to be wrongfully accused of a crime and hunted by an angree mob, crying for blood. In your case a rare piece, which vanished, and in my case the virginity of the duke's favourite daughter. Which I did take, but it think, it's still basically the same story. I hope you find shelter in the folds of the Mecurian Empire. May you find plenty of new adventures and a new pair of purple boots. I know a great merchant, who surely can find you a pair, practially new, fallen of a wagon. Remember to wash it first, dead people leave a stench... forgot that, that's how new boots allways smell... right?

___

Great to see your application. I'm sure it won't take long to get the votes together. Looking forward to having a chat with you ingame or on discord!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm 
Settler

Delon wrote:
A tragic tale of the loss of your boots...
I'm so brave to face the world without my boots. Thank you for your vote.

Roglar wrote:
Greetings Grizaj,
I know the feeling to be wrongfully accused of a crime and hunted by an angree mob, crying for blood...
I would love a new pair of boots. Make sure your merchant saves me a pair. Thank you for replying.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:28 pm 
King

I enjoyed the creativity in your application so far! Just a few quick questions normally to get a bit more on your perspectives:

- If you were faced with conflict, how would you handle it?
- Would you want to remain under a liege and help them build-up their lands or would you want to eventually venture out on your own?
- Do you have any further pictures of your builds?

Looking forward to hearing your answers!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:44 pm 
King

A grave tale traveller. You may seek a place to stay in the Mercurian Empire. We have a significant number of potential lieges and biomes to build in.

Lore off:
Excellent application. I'll be giving you your first vote after some questions are answered :)

Have you read the liege vassal system?
How active on certain days are you ?
Have you used discord voice chat before?

Most of our lore character interactions.are in the forums with some in gane lore battles or events but you can be in character whenever you like :) we're also in voice chat talking to each other every tone were in game :)

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:52 pm 
Settler

Scrios IV wrote:
If you were faced with conflict, how would you handle it?
When faced with conflict, I don't back down unless I'm sorry. If necessary, I solve conflicts. I don't look for trouble. If someone has a problem with me, they can talk about it with me or ignore it.

Scrios IV wrote:
Would you want to remain under a liege and help them build-up their lands or would you want to eventually venture out on your own?
I would want stay under a liege. I like to explore, but I enjoy working in groups, as well. I would improve upon my community by creating and take advantage of the social aspect of living with others.

Scrios IV wrote:
Do you have any further pictures of your builds?
My whole folder was wiped recently, so I don't have any more pictures. The two I chose were from a survival server that I could quickly screenshot and upload. They represent my creations well, generally. I've never worked on something huge.

Thank you for asking.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:59 pm 
Settler

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
Have you read the liege vassal system?
Yes. From my understanding, I begin as a serf who works under a current kingdom, until I prove myself by creating a county. Then, I become a count.

How active on certain days are you ?
I'm most active during the weekend. Occasionally, I play at night on weekdays.

Have you used discord voice chat before?
Yes. Right now, I can only use either my microphone or speakers which makes participating in voice chats difficult but I'm finding a solution.

Thanks for asking.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 5:14 pm 
King

You have my royal vote! Thank you for your patience and time for answering our questions.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 5:22 pm 
King

Very good application, you have my vote too.