All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TrecenW's Application
PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 3:00 am 
Settler

Intro:
I am really interested in joining this server. I have seen your posts on reddit, mainly /r/MCServers, and it intrigued me right off the bat. The dedication to a Roleplaying server that i have never seen before has been displayed here, and that dedication is what i soon hope to join one day. The community looks small and tightnit, with the type of people that seem to be able to work together and actaully enjoy the company and support of each other. I have been playing on servers for three whole years today, and this server looks like one that would offer an active enviroment, as many of the servers i have been on in these three years have just dropped off in activity, which i hope this one wont.

Goals:
I hope to bring my redstone and small architechture skills out in this server, as both relate to my character's backstory. Additionally, i am adept at building nearly every type of farm, and if i am not, i will work out the details or get help. I would like to build under someone's reign, a small village or a lone mage tower (also part of the backstory).

Skills:

I am an adept fighter and nearly a deadshot with a bow. I understand many of the mechanics of the game, which pass over many heads. Stated above, i am also adept in nearly every farm in the game, with the few exceptions. I am also adept in public relations, having a background in many different extra cirricular activties, which many look to me as a leader in most of these. Building is something that i need to gain skill in yet, but a server dedicated to building something as a community could help with that, and that is why (currently) i do not plan on any large or complicated builds.

Character Bio:

*An image appears infront of you suddenly, with a 17 or 18 year old boy in it, standing infront of a small group of people.*
I send this apparation to you with the most need of urgency. My powers are fading, tapped as they are already, but my King is on his way to destroy my little village. We were short on our amaranth crop this year, and my farm was to blame. Mechanical automotons were meant to harvest a portion of the feild, but insted one caught flame, burning most of the crop. I need somewhere to hide from the king, and some of my people will too. I know you will need a summary of mine and their lives, but i will have to keep it consice, as the king's men are only out by one or two days. I am Rensabian Mantson, our kingdoms mage apprentice. I have been training since the day i was accepted, as potential such as mine is quite clear. The king and I were great friends, training in his court, and clear to be his Royal Mage one day. I never knew my father or my mother, as they both died the day before i was accepted, from a crop poisoning meant for the royal court. That was when i was 10, but only 7 short years later i made a grave mistake. The acceptants were not allowed to talk about family life, here or in another kingdom. One day during the War of Great Engines, the mage acceptants were required to go fight, unless the Royal Mage suggested otherwise. He chose me, but i wanted to fight, anyway i could. He told me that he would dispell me from the prodigies if i refused to stay. I grabbed a bow from the wall and never went back to the castle again. During the war i had learned many great engineering tricks from our's and their seige engines, and decided to take these machines and try to help the towns people affected most by the war. A small village on the edge of the kingdom is where i found i was needed. A simple farm town named Alphamar, desprit for help as many of their men had died in the war. The atomotons that i told you of before were then constructed, only about a month or two before today. The king had put a warrant out for my arrest or killing after deserting the Mages, and the men had come to the town. The town had stood up for me, as the automotons had mostly done their job, until the last harvest, until this cursed day. That is my story, and i hope to soon be with you, The Grand Rulers of The Mercurian Empire, as i may not get the time to save my people. All i want is to save my... *The image blips out as abrubt as it came*

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 3:20 am 
King

Welcome brave warrior and mage apprentice.

Your story is grave indeed at this time. A place for you waits in our fair empire as refugees from a war.

Lore off: hello! Welcome!

So Do you need to get some votes to get in, 60% Active kings or 50% Active kings + 60% Dukes. It's not as much as it sounds :p

I like your story so far, an accomplished player with skills and a determination to learn and build more and add to our lore and history and buildings.

You'll come in as a Vassal under someone and you can work up to be a count and eventually become independent if you wish, but you can remain under a liege if you like for as long as you want. I was under King Scrios for almost 2 years before going off on my own and forging my own kingdom.

Do you have any questions ? You seem to have a good grasp of things here. We've played together most of us for over 3 years now and we have a lot of fun in voice chat and other games sometimes like Civ or battlefield.

What biomes do you like building In?
What is your mc log in name ?
What was the post you saw to find us?

Keep replying everyday and you'll get In in no time after a few replies :)

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 3:26 am 
Settler

Thank you for your kind words. I do have some questions, but i feel i would need to ask them to whichever leige i may join.

I enjoy building in mostly plains or forests, but have some skills in building in deserts and ice plains also.

MC login would be xCreepaKilla, its an old one.

And i do not know if you wanted a link, but here is one. after reading the comments i decided to apply https://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comm ... _roleplay/

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 12:23 pm 
King

You can have any questions answered here of you like.

So you'll get liege offers when you've got enough votes. What's your time zone and when roughly do you play? Have you read the liege/vassal system and have you read any more of our forums? I'll message the other kings to come get them to vote once you've replied and also showed us your build style with a few images ?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 2:17 pm 
Duke

I really like your application. I think you'd be a great fit for the community! As such, I'd like to extend you your first duchal vote.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 2:36 pm 
Count

First of all welcome to the Hermertia Forum. I hope you will have a great time.

*Lore on*

The first hint of the rising sun just touched the horizon, when you hear a strange clicking noice leaking into your awareness. First you try to put it out of your mind, since seconds ago you had the most arousing dream about the two bakers daughters, Sally and Debora. Their hair is like silk and when they open their mouths you can hear their sweet voice... Tack Tack Tack... the smile at you Tack Tack Tack and you try to put both in your arms. Suddenly you awake to the sound of breaking glas. You sit up straight in bed and try to orient yourself. Right, you fell asleep at your desk, worrying about the kings wrath. The sounds come from the remains of what was once a window shutter. Upon inspecting these noises a small apparation comes into view. Consisting of a too big head for the tiny red glinting body, it looks like the mocking of a real parat. Right now it is continuesly walking against the wooden shutter. After hitting it, it falls back two little steps, shakes its head and begins all over again.

You watch this cycle repeat a few times until you notice a scroll attached to the birds leg. A successful grab later, and after only beeing biten three times, you have the suprisingly heavy "bird" in your hands and detach the scroll.
Here after you detach the parchment and break the white, slightly smeared, seal.

On it, is the following text:

We, the people of Alba Longa,
greet you stranger. Upon receiving your apparition we would like to invite you to travel to our allusive city. As a group of free minded people we seek to further knowledge with out borders and restrictions, to increase the wisdom and advancement of all mankind, and stamp out the fear for the unkown, which plagues the small-minded people so often. If you don't shy away from the unkown and are full of curiosity for everything unkown, we extend our arm to bring you into our fold. You may sell this messenger for travel expanse. It is still in the early development and has a few flaws. Beware it bites!

Humbly,
the first Cardre of the City of Knowledge

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 3:25 pm 
Settler

Thank You Delon for the first official vote, and i hope more are soon to come.

My first question is would things like optifine and shaders be allowed?

Thank you also for extending the lore, and helping me build this character, Roglar. I hope to have a more "fleshed" out story soon.

Now for your questions, I live in the Mountain Time Zone (UTC - 7), I have read and understood the leige/vassal system and have also read some of the Reigion and Diplomacy forums, trying to understand this world better. I am trying to get some builds in a test world, as many of my builds were on a creative server that shut down about 6 months ago. I will post a link to my imgur as soon as i get a few more builds there.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 3:29 pm 
Count

Optifine and shaders are allowed.

Looking forward to that!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:42 pm 
King

Awesome application so far! You have a great start with the lore.

Just to get a little more information from you for my end of things:

- If you were faced with conflict, how would you handle it?
- Would you want to remain under a liege and help them build-up their lands or would you want to eventually venture out on your own?

Also looking forward to seeing some builds!

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:52 pm 
Settler

If i were faced with conflict i would offer a kind disscucsion to see if a comprimise could be made. If it came to a building spot i'd say whomever was there first should get it. But if worse comes to worse, im ready to fight for my side.

I would want to remain under a leige for as long as possible, though having a little settlement and an independance is something for all to strive for