All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: embron's Application
PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:06 am 
King

Great application so far and thank you for being so diligent on answering our questions. I like what I see so far. In addition to the questions asked above, would you be looking to stay within a realm or potentially venturing out on your own once you are able to? This is a question that will allow some lieges to make a decision when the time comes.

Also, if you could post some more builds that would be awesome!

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:08 am 
Applicant

Cerdic Accynnafon wrote:
Thanks for the pics.

What do you imagine yourself doing if you are accepted onto the server, in terms of your day to day playing in game?

Say you hop on the server - what do you do when you log in each day?

I would image myself, talking with other characters and gather resources from the surrounding areas, either by trading already owned resources or gathering them myself, and use said resources to trade them with other players.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:09 am 

embron wrote:
Cerdic Accynnafon wrote:
Thanks for the pics.

What do you imagine yourself doing if you are accepted onto the server, in terms of your day to day playing in game?

I would image myself, talking with other characters and gather resources from the surrounding areas, either by trading already owned resources or gathering them myself, and use said resources to trade them with other players.

What would you do if no one was needing to trade anything?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:12 am 
Applicant

Cerdic Accynnafon wrote:
embron wrote:
Cerdic Accynnafon wrote:
Thanks for the pics.

What would you do if no one was needing to trade anything?

I would ask if they were in need of any other services or might need items in the future, if no one needed anything at ALL, i would just look for any other opportunities that my skill-set would aid me in.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:15 am 
Applicant

Scrios IV wrote:
Great application so far and thank you for being so diligent on answering our questions. I like what I see so far. In addition to the questions asked above, would you be looking to stay within a realm or potentially venturing out on your own once you are able to? This is a question that will allow some lieges to make a decision when the time comes.

Also, if you could post some more builds that would be awesome!

If their is a better opportunity outside my realm i would consider potentially venturing out. As long as said opportunities don't go against the liege my character was loyal to.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:26 am 

I'll help you a bit with this process, at least by explaining what we typically do.

Primarily we build realms, composed of villages and hamlets. Typically a few larger places per realm, with a lot of smaller places. Our lore for our realm is based somewhat off of what we build. We do trade for items, but it's fairly rare honestly. We have a lot of publicly available XP grinders and other grinders that help us easily acquire materials. We mostly build on our own projects, however, co-builds are an important part of the community.

The average person does not RP even close to most of the time in game. We do lore events from time to time, and that is RP of course. Most RP happens in the Imperial Court and with lore posts made to Scholars and Mystics.

With that in mind, how do you think your self-described play style would interact?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:47 am 
Applicant

Cerdic Accynnafon wrote:
I'll help you a bit with this process, at least by explaining what we typically do.

Primarily we build realms, composed of villages and hamlets. Typically a few larger places per realm, with a lot of smaller places. Our lore for our realm is based somewhat off of what we build. We do trade for items, but it's fairly rare honestly. We have a lot of publicly available XP grinders and other grinders that help us easily acquire materials. We mostly build on our own projects, however, co-builds are an important part of the community.

The average person does not RP even close to most of the time in game. We do lore events from time to time, and that is RP of course. Most RP happens in the Imperial Court and with lore posts made to Scholars and Mystics.

With that in mind, how do you think your self-described play style would interact?

So building and creating structures is more common than RP? If people don't really need items then why are their trading guilds?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 3:08 am 

embron wrote:
Cerdic Accynnafon wrote:

So building and creating structures is more common than RP? If people don't really need items then why are their trading guilds?

The trading guilds act as lore and build representations of our various realms. Building and creating structures is far more common than RP, by a probably 100 to 1 ratio.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 6:33 am 
Duke

Guilds also provide activities, such as elytra training through the Sky fire Guild, and services, like making areas safe with light as the Slayers Guild has done.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 5:22 pm 
King

The Chairman wrote:
Guilds also provide activities, such as elytra training through the Sky fire Guild, and services, like making areas safe with light as the Slayers Guild has done.

To elaborate this point: We like to fill in the "lore" and the setting of the world, making it feel fleshed out. Most of our world building is done via the in game builds and the library/lore posts that we make on the forums. In game Guilds are merely taking a stab at filling out the world based on what we think our realms and characters might come up with and have in the setting.

My Skyfire Guild was set up with the intent of flying lessons in mind, there's a course in Kaltamerri which teaches new Elytra users how to fly with a good technique. It's one of the few practical-use Guilds that doesn't only have in-lore interactions or to look pretty as part of a town/city. That being said it has a full history and lore of its creation and where it came from as well.

There's a lot of fun to be had in our world, lots to explore for new players. We have survived so long as a community (as so often RP servers fade away) as we are casual. I like to do the occasional in-character moment, as befits my status as the Emperor of Hermertia, and because I like to document historical happenings (creation of a new realm, Count, Duke, King ascension) so it's nice to be in character for that and act as your character would. But its not all the time, we usually just are talking about whatever and cracking really bad jokes in voice chat.

Hope that helps