All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: embron's Application
PostPosted: February 11th, 2017, 8:47 pm 
Applicant

About me
Hello.
I am a 16 year old African-american who currently lives in the state of Texas, my IGN is embron. Ever since i was a child i never liked being myself, i always wanted to be and become someone else. Acting and Roleplaying became apart of the things i enjoy to do and it just so happens that Minecraft,a game I enjoy to play, has a large community of people who enjoy these same things. So when i checked minecraft forums and searched for a Roleplay server, i was delighted to find a server with such history and a large background in Roleplay.
Goals
Once i become a serf in Hermertia, i wish to become a loyal trader to a liege. Gather resources on the side, like ores and farm goods, and trading them to different kingdoms and help earn money for liege. I honestly don't have many personal interesting for my individual self and will just find and exploit different opportunities for my liege.
Skills
One of the things people tell me is that I am good a getting people to trust me. Something about the way i stand myself and interact with others gives out a tone of faith in me and my abilities, even if i have none or very little. I could apply this innate socializing skill to being an amazing trader, getting the best prices(always fair prices) for my goods.

Biography
-Traveling from Kingdom to kingdom, meeting new people, tasting new foods and hearing new languages. This is what my character, Edward Haul, experienced as the son of an well-off trader family. For ten years of his life Edward was an apprentice to his parents, watching how they developed trades and how they gathered their resources. Edward's family was not religious, believing one should only rely on their own hard-work and skill, yet they believed in working for a larger body; like a kingdom or liege.
And it was his parents devotion and loyalty to a kingdom that lead to their death.
-It was the middle of a raging war, the two sides have been fighting each other for years waiting for one or the another to raise the white flag, yet neither did."Trading stops for no King" this was a phrase Edward's father would tell Edward, weekly if not daily.He said that phrase to remind them that no matter what, they shall continue their way of life.That phrase really sung during the war, where trading continued even through all the bloodshed and bodies.When most traders would stay neutral and trade to both sides of the war. Edward and his family would only trade to their kingdom and allying estates. When the opposing kingdom had heard about it, the king took it has a personal insult and decided he needed to make an example of them. So when they were traveling to and from a kingdom the king sent a trained guard to kill both his father and mother.
-A 19 year old orphaned human, Edward would use the skills learned during his apprentice of his parents and become a trader in their footsteps. One might think that after watching his parents murdered because of their loyalty that he would be distanced from it, yet Edward realized that devoting oneself to something one can stand behind was one of the most driving forces to why his parents were such good traders.

Post subject: Re: embron's Application
PostPosted: February 11th, 2017, 10:28 pm 
King

Welcome to the forums embron!

I am King Erastil, Minister of Applications and Settlement.

A few questiosn to get you started on your way towards getting into the server:

*What is your minecraft user name?

*Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative?

*What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

*If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?

*What time zone are you in,a nd when would you usually play?

*Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?

*We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?

Just so you are aware, there is very little role play that happens in game, most of the lore creation takes place on the forums.

One of the best ways to get the attention of the voting members is to post some build pictures, so take some time with those and show us what you can do!

I hope to see you online soon

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: February 11th, 2017, 10:55 pm 
Applicant

*What is your minecraft user name?
embron
*Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative?
I am not a builder per say, but i can build decent houses and buildings so yes i can post some pictures
*What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?
I would make sure I know all the facts about the territory that was being disputed, and if i was in the right i would argue for my case.
*If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?
Forest
*What time zone are you in,and when would you usually play?
UTC-6. I usually play on the weekdays from 3:00-8:00, and on the weekends from 9:00-9:00 with a few bricks inbetween
*Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?
Yes
*We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?
I have a lisp, but if you guys can tolerate it then yes

PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 2:10 am 
King

Welcome!

Have just read your application and found it to be a great start. As my fellow Council of the Crowned member Erastil has mentioned: pictures of builds go a long way towards getting votes quickly. I like what I see here however. Plenty of room to expand upon for future lore. There are a multitude of Mercantile Guilds and trading companies within the established lore setting,such as the Merchant's Guild, the Ostrade Warehousing Company, as well as a few Caravan and protection services, such as the ancient Skyhold Guild, and Slayer's Guild to an extent.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 4:52 am 
Duke

I am liking the lore you have laid out so far. There have been major conflicts within the Empire recently, including the Pyrencian Civil War, the Vulcite Crisis, and the Eastern Imperial Civil War which is currently transpiring. Perhaps placing your character's family within the context of one of these wars would help integrate your lore even better with our current world.

Otherwise, you've answered all of our questions fairly well. You should expect to see more, especially about builds in the future.

A quick one from me:

What kinds of minecraft servers have you played on in the past?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 1:34 am 
Applicant

The Chairman wrote:
I am liking the lore you have laid out so far. There have been major conflicts within the Empire recently, including the Pyrencian Civil War, the Vulcite Crisis, and the Eastern Imperial Civil War which is currently transpiring. Perhaps placing your character's family within the context of one of these wars would help integrate your lore even better with our current world.

Otherwise, you've answered all of our questions fairly well. You should expect to see more, especially about builds in the future.

A quick one from me:

I have played on a few roleplay minecraft servers in the past, but recently even have been playing a just survival servers.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 1:46 am 
Applicant

One of my builds

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 1:55 am 
Applicant

Another one of my builds, not much in terms of a building.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 1:59 am 

Thanks for the pics.

What do you imagine yourself doing if you are accepted onto the server, in terms of your day to day playing in game?

Say you hop on the server - what do you do when you log in each day?

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 2:06 am 
Applicant

A mine cart railing on a bridge