All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Xethaios' Application
PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 4:37 am 
Count

Hey, I'm Xethaios. Some might remember me, many won't. This is my reapplication.

I'm 18/M/US, currently screwing around during the summer until I find a job. I have a lot of free time, a significant portion of it playing vidya games. I used to be on the server back when it was on its first map, played a bit on the second map, and stopped because the laptop I used was getting old (and hot. Really hot.) Now that I have my own computer I don't have to worry about it overheating.

When/if I get accepted, I plan to strike out on my own, but unlike last time I don't seek to grow any larger than a Count, if that. I hope to build up a small, nearly self-sufficient community wherein I will grow large amounts of crops, harvest tons of wood, and make an elaborate mine. In other words, I want to be a merchant of sorts, exchanging goods/services for services/goods, as well as offering advice and opinions and humor.

As for character backstory:

Solaire of Astora is a builder/merchant/farmer of Channoria, an old, once great kingdom long lost to history. He hailed from what was left of the kingdom, that is to say, a smattering of villages and towns which adhered to the laws and culture of Channoria, despite the lack of a central government. He fished, he mined, he traded, he farmed. Jack of all trades, master of none.
After the last of his old friends left the shoddy little town he grew up in, called Astora, he decided he would pack up and move to Hermertia, a land he had heard only fanciful tales of. Great golden roads, iron walls as high as the eye could see, rich fields of wheat and carrots, magnificent sprawling forests...it was like something out of his childhood. Now he wasn't so naive as to believe these things. No road could be paved of pure gold, could it? But knowing there's truth to every story, he set off to start anew in the lands of Hermertia.

He totally isn't a ripoff of Soliare from Dark Souls, and his name totally isn't a possible placeholder. Totally.

(Also I apparently have messages telling me to just hop on and start, but I feel it best to apply anyways, both in the interest of fairness and so I can state my intentions. It appears that the land I had settled on has been formally claimed under the Kingdom of Valtaros, but if it's fine with its king I would like to remain in my settlement and become a vassal of Valtaros.)

PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 5:18 am 
Duke

Glad to see you are back! As I mentioned when you hopped on the server, you need not reapply. Also, you were a count before you left, so you will be free to settle wherever you choose (with Council approval of course).

PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 5:19 am 
King

No need to convince me! You've been around longer than myself even (although a tad less active ;)), and know the ins and outs of our community. Heck, you've probably gone through the application process now, what, three separate times? So, I'm happy to dish out a ceremonial vote for ya, and wish you the best of luck in Valtoros (with the blessing of Kyn)!

of River's End

PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 5:20 am 
King

Aurennis wrote:
Glad to see you are back! As I mentioned when you hopped on the server, you need not reapply. Also, you were a count before you left, so you will be free to settle wherever you choose (with Council approval of course).

Errrr, yeah, what Aurennis said!

As long as you have the IP, you're good to go! You should still be whitelisted, I believe. If not, hopefully Atryl can get his arse in gear and whitelist you asap.

of River's End

PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 5:25 am 
King

Ah, it warms my heart to hear of Channoria once again! Casting my mind back to my first time exploring Hermertia, and my tour of that great realm.

I am excited to see you again good Sir, and I am interested in your thoughts on becoming a Merchant; speaking from personal opinion, I love the economic side of things in Hermertia and wish it was represented a bit more.

I was about to say good luck in acquiring your (largely ceremonial) votes, but it appears others have waived the requirement as befits long-standing member of Hermertia such as yourself! Seeya in-game!

For Glory,

Nicholas,
Nephew of Sean
Great-Nephew of Adam

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 8:33 am 
King

Hello!

Welcome back at last! nice to see you took the time to lay out your back story and intentions, even though you don't need the votes to get on. This was still informative!

I'll be about if you'd like to have any help getting settled somewhere. Are you planning on sticking with your current area in New Channoria? ? I think its outside the borders of Valtoros, but if you'd like to move somewhere or ask to live under someone else, please go ahead and make a post. King Kyn of Valtoros is pretty busy with work and such just now, but he can be contacted by asking King Scrios!

PostPosted: July 14th, 2015, 1:34 pm 
Duke

I'm a Duke belonging to Valtoros, as well as Right Hand to Kyn. Pleasure to meet you! Like Sam says, I'd also be more than happy to help get you situated.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2015, 8:05 pm 
Duke

Wahoo!