All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wolfpond's Application
PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Settler

Hello my name is Callum. I am 16 and interested in joining this server. I'm good friends with Raymond and he has told me many great things about this server. I have been playing minecraft since version 1.0.4 and have learnt and gained many skills that could be very useful. I have talents in building and enjoy experimenting with depth and detail in my builds. I prefer to make my builds seem realistic and have a theme or pattern that links them (this can depend on what biome I'm in). Here's a link to some of my builds http://imgur.com/a/HYdp4. My goal on the server would be to be a builder and build anything from settlements to ships. I hope that my building style will create stand-out settlements that many will consider great builds

Now for lore: My name is Callum Wolfpond, I come from a small town in the lands of the west. I was a farm hand, but that all came crashing down. My father? A man. My mother? An elf. Both dead due to riots and violent disputes. I had to flee yet I still suffered harshness from both men and elves due to one side being different to them. I had to travel far from the lands in the west arriving in the new lands of Hermatia, hoping they bring me kinder times.

Thank you for considering my application.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm 

Welcome to the Empire! I'm sure being a friend of Raymond's that you will get your votes very soon!

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:30 pm 
King

Welcome to the Mercirian Empire!

Our lands are varied and diverse, and so are the races which inhabit them. As for acceptance, the hatred of elves runs historically very deep, once the ancient Elvish Ibarhian Empire was brought down, the elves were hounded ruthlessly for many years. It is no wonder that there is still intolerance ingrained within some areas. The Mercurian Empire is thankfully more tolerant and forward thinking than ancient times, my anscestors Sameria and Samaia were both part snow elf part human, and were highly regarded as Duchesses within the Empire. I myself am a snow elf, and current elected Empress of Hermertia, while there are some isolated lingering resentment, a snow elf as Emperor and elected member of the Council of the Crowned, a Queen, should be seen as a huge move forward in race relations.

(Lore off) Great application so far. Would you want to build with Raymond initially? And would you wish to move out eventually and create your own Realm? There's no rush to answer of course!

Having a friend online already usually expedited your process significantly so keep checking regularly !

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:32 pm 

Indeed some races (like mine) distrust elves, however, mostly due to how few of them there are in the Empire. Have you thought about what kind of elf? I believe tehlmar is a wood elf, for example.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:43 pm 
Settler

Thank you for the replies.

I will build with Raymond and stay under a liege.

I am half wood elf, half man

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:51 pm 

My realm were certainly need to exchange knowledge with you as well to help contact wood elves found east of my realm! Some trade has occured but we've yet to establish official political contact with them.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 11:42 pm 
King

Some usual questions: what would you do with a potential border dispute In future?

If aggrieved in some way by the actions of another realm/player, what would you do

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 3:02 am 
King

I agree with the others that have responded so far, great application so far and you have a good reference as well! I am curious to hear the answers to Sam's questions before offering my vote.

I look forward to your response!

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 8:19 am 
Settler

I would prefer to use diplomacy to try and solve any disputes, including if I was insulted by a realm or a player.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 9:11 am 
Settler

Indeed I am of Elven blood, though we are different i still consider you my kin. I look forward to meeting another Elf in the empire.

'Rise And Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions' - Robin Hood