All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jar499's Application
PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 3:20 pm 
Applicant

INTRODUCTION
My name is Jar499, and I'd really love to be a part of this server! I heard about this server from a few posts on the subreddits /r/imaginarymaps, /r/worldbuilding, and /r/vexillology a while back, and only have I recently had the free time to spend on games, so I decided to apply. The themes and style of this server are something I've been looking for ever since the old MC server I regularly played shut down a few years back. Everything about this server seems to be a perfect match for me, I cannot wait to play

GOALS
I could see myself building a lot on this server, Ideally I'd like to make a small village at the foot of a mountain fortress, or maybe a trading port town. Or anything really, I haven't really decided. I'd likely not branch off on my own, unless I had some problem that caused me to do so. Additionally I'd like to get as deeply invested in the community as I can.

SKILLS
I have been playing this game since before multiplayer was released, so I feel like I know a fair bit about the mechanics of the game. I haven't done a large amount of building in a long time, however back in the day my builds were something I took great pride in. I am a good fighter, and I can craft, brew, or cook any item in the game. I've never really taken the time to learn Redstone past the basics, so that's certainly something I lack.

BIOGRAPHY
My character is named Arthur Jager, and he is 17 years of age. He was born in a prosperous kingdom based on trade not far from the empire.His mother died in childbirth and his father was a knight of an order that was dedicated to keeping records and histories of this far off kingdom, the order was known as "Knights Historia." Arthur was a squire of another one of the knights in the order.Arthurs master was named Alexander "The Bear", a title he earned from being a deadly brute on the battlefield. In his older years however, he had winded down significantly and was notorious for being incredibly easy on Arthur. Due to this upbringing, Arthur is a talented warrior. Arthur is not very religious, however, he is fiercely loyal to his superiors.
The knights recently saw their downfall as they aided in a failed uprising against an increasingly tyrannical king. The king had stripped many rights, and lands from nobles of the realm, and many of these nobles felt they may be next. The knights also felt their order could at any moment be removed so that the king could remove what he had been doing from the history books. A large contingency of knights left to support the armies of the worried nobles as they marched on the capital, leaving only a small force behind to protect the homes and families of the Knights. Arthur's father was assigned to be a part of the contingency, but Alexander, the knight Arthur was a squire for, was not.
The leaders of the rebellion reached the capital and were confident in their ability to take the capital, being as how they greatly outnumbered the kings own army. A few weeks in to their siege they were taken by a surprise force that had sallied forth out of the city. Another force came from behind the sieging force, it was a group of elite mercenaries that the king had hired. The rebel force was pushed between two enemy forces, and decimated. The rebellion had been ended, and the king had total control once again.
When this news reached what was left of the knights, they hid the histories they had recorded over the generations in hope that one day people would discover them and correct any lies told to the generations of the future. The knights then agreed to flee the realm, however they could not decide where too. As a result they all headed to different areas of the world. Arthur followed Alexander as they headed to the great Mercurian empire. The journey was not too long, however over its course Alexander had become ill and was close to death. When they finally arrived it was a matter of days before the old knight passed away, leaving Arthur alone and ready to head out on his own.

Post subject: Re: Jar499's Application
PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 3:43 pm 
Duke

I love the lore! You've got a great application here. You'll definitely have my duke vote. I've got a few questions:

What time zone are you in?

What is your favorite thing to build?

Do you have any screenshots of prior builds?

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 4:02 pm 
Applicant

Cerydon wrote:
I love the lore! You've got a great application here. You'll definitely have my duke vote. I've got a few questions:

What time zone are you in?

What is your favorite thing to build?

Do you have any screenshots of prior builds?

I'm in mountain time zone

My favorite thing to build is either small homes, or small fortifications, not quite castles. Castles are generally too big for my taste

I have no screenshots I have access to right now, but I can check when I get home. I can't remember taking many pictures, but its been awhile since I played, so maybe there'll be some.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 4:23 pm 
King

Greetings! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm a representative of the Labourer’s Council of Wysteria, representing your Ministry for Applications and Settlement.

By your informed approach I’m guessing you’ve seen these already, but as a matter of course I'll point you in the direction of our FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192. If you haven't seen it already, it offers a good introduction to the basic principles and traditions of the Mercurian Empire. You may also want to check out our Applicant Introduction, where I go in-depth on the application process: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58.

You might also like to check out some of our highlights as a community here: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0 ; it shows off arguably our greatest strength in our rich group of players and friends.

Now, on to your application!

I must say that I enjoy the tone of your lore here so far. We have heard tell of a great many realms far beyond the borders of the known Empire, and your birthplace, as a kingdom that would presumably have had trade relations with others, is intriguing; what was its name? I also find myself immediately interested in these Knights Historia; the quest to compile an accurate history and to safeguard free access to that over generations is one that the Mercurian Empire holds as a task of supreme importance.

Your tale of failed rebellion is a sad one, though not unknown to us here in Hermertia where regime change occurs in myriad complex and sometimes violent ways. Many of our realms are led by a noble or monarch whose position is determined through a hereditary system, while other realms turn to appointed sucessors; my native Wysteria is currently undergoing the Empire’s first election for the stewardship of the realm as we seek to elect a new Minister in a process fraught with political back-and-forth. Alas, not all transitions or sways in power are without violence – even today, the noble land of Pyrencia is embroiled in civil war between competing bloodlines and the realm of Laghima faces international condemnation for attempts to suppress perceived ethic elvish terrorist actions inside its borders.

In short: I like it! I look forward to hearing a bit more about what would be your path forward in the Empire: where would you go, what would you do; what would you strive towards? With justa bit more perspective on what you’d see as the future of your character in the Empire, I am confident you’ll be receiving a vote in support.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a couple questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?

-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 4:32 pm 
King

This is a fantastic application.

What's your Minecraft Username?
Is your race Human?
Have you understood the liege system?
Do you use voice chat? We always speak on discord and are delighted when newcomers join us.
And finally if you have time make some builds In creative to help speed your application along!

Once I've seen your builds I'll most likely cast my vote. Your application has impressed me!

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 4:58 pm 
Duke

Greetings Arthur,
You are off to a fine start in your application. Your backstory is certainly captivating.
Providing we can see some pictures of your builds (From creative if not survival would do) I believe your application will go swiftly

The best of luck young sir!

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 7:12 pm 
Applicant

Wysterian Labourer's Council wrote:
Greetings! I'm glad you've found your way to our applications section; I'm a representative of the Labourer’s Council of Wysteria, representing your Ministry for Applications and Settlement.

By your informed approach I’m guessing you’ve seen these already, but as a matter of course I'll point you in the direction of our FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=192. If you haven't seen it already, it offers a good introduction to the basic principles and traditions of the Mercurian Empire. You may also want to check out our Applicant Introduction, where I go in-depth on the application process: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58.

You might also like to check out some of our highlights as a community here: http://imgur.com/a/vGyJP#0 ; it shows off arguably our greatest strength in our rich group of players and friends.

Now, on to your application!

I must say that I enjoy the tone of your lore here so far. We have heard tell of a great many realms far beyond the borders of the known Empire, and your birthplace, as a kingdom that would presumably have had trade relations with others, is intriguing; what was its name? I also find myself immediately interested in these Knights Historia; the quest to compile an accurate history and to safeguard free access to that over generations is one that the Mercurian Empire holds as a task of supreme importance.

Your tale of failed rebellion is a sad one, though not unknown to us here in Hermertia where regime change occurs in myriad complex and sometimes violent ways. Many of our realms are led by a noble or monarch whose position is determined through a hereditary system, while other realms turn to appointed sucessors; my native Wysteria is currently undergoing the Empire’s first election for the stewardship of the realm as we seek to elect a new Minister in a process fraught with political back-and-forth. Alas, not all transitions or sways in power are without violence – even today, the noble land of Pyrencia is embroiled in civil war between competing bloodlines and the realm of Laghima faces international condemnation for attempts to suppress perceived ethic elvish terrorist actions inside its borders.

In short: I like it! I look forward to hearing a bit more about what would be your path forward in the Empire: where would you go, what would you do; what would you strive towards? With justa bit more perspective on what you’d see as the future of your character in the Empire, I am confident you’ll be receiving a vote in support.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some answers to a couple questions I typically ask of new applicants:

-Are you particular to building in certain biomes?

-If you ran into conflict where you and another player wanted to build in the same location, how would you resolve the issue?

I'll leave these thoughts with you good sir! Over the next bit you should see some more of the community respond to your application; many will no doubt have questions of their own. Again, I'll refer you to our discussion of the application process (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=58) for the run-down of what you can expect next. While you're waiting, I absolutely encourage you to take a look around the forums at the many different aspects of life in Hermertia, and to shoot me a pm or reply here with any questions you might have.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial motto since time immemorial:

For Glory!

I enjoy building in most all biomes, however I'd say desert is probably my least favorite.

To settle a land dispute like that, I'd likely say whoever was in the area trying to build there first should take the land, to be fair.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 7:23 pm 
Applicant

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
This is a fantastic application.

Is your race Human?
Do you use voice chat? We always speak on discord and are delighted when newcomers join us.
And finally if you have time make some builds In creative to help speed your application along!

Once I've seen your builds I'll most likely cast my vote. Your application has impressed me!

Jar499

Is your race Human?

Yes my character is human

Yes I do! And I love it!

I'd love to, however at the moment my headset is broken, I'm looking to get a new one in the next week or so

I'll get to it as soon as I get home

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 8:01 pm 
Duke

Your application is looking really good so far! I'm glad to see you answering our questions so swiftly, though I'm sure we will come up with more.

I like hearing about the order of the Knights Historia. We have had many people throughout our server's history who have dedicated themselves to the study and chronicle of that history. Do you think that you would be interested in doing things like that on the server?

PostPosted: December 6th, 2016, 2:20 am 
Applicant

The Chairman wrote:
Your application is looking really good so far! I'm glad to see you answering our questions so swiftly, though I'm sure we will come up with more.

I like hearing about the order of the Knights Historia. We have had many people throughout our server's history who have dedicated themselves to the study and chronicle of that history. Do you think that you would be interested in doing things like that on the server?

The idea of keeping records of history on the server seems like something I could do. However, I feel like i'd need a good amount of time to get invested enough so that I can understand the situation enough to write about it. So yes, I would be interested, just not for awhile.