All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jar499's Application
PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 12:50 am 

Welcome to the Empire! You now have the required votes! You may entertain offers from prospective lieges at this time.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 1:12 am 
Count

Welcome to the Empire! You will enjoy your time here very much! Keep an eye out for liege offers now.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 1:22 am 
Applicant

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
Welcome to the Empire! You now have the required votes! You may entertain offers from prospective lieges at this time.

Kalo Auratavia wrote:
Welcome to the Empire! You will enjoy your time here very much! Keep an eye out for liege offers now.

Thanks! I can't wait to get started

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 1:47 am 
King

Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the bountiful and intriguing lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a land that, in over a year of hard work, commitment, and exceptional community, has grown to become a proud realm recognized for tolerance, diversity, and a wealth of economic and political intrigue. Together with stalwart vassals Counts Jolly, Cedrek, and Cadamosto, we have taken great strides: Wysteria stands today on the cusp of being recognized as the Empire’s newest Kingdom, a testament to the opportunities available within our lands.

A diverse realm, Wysteria offers something for everyone in the pursuit of an ever stronger and more interesting nation. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, swampland, many extreme hills and mountains, lots of rivers snaking through the landscape, and, last but not least, expanses of ice plains and wintry taiga – there is tremendous freedom in your choice of building, and you would be welcome to assist with any one of Wysteria’s ongoing construction projects or found a settlement of your own. Free of any border conflicts, new vassals are presented with vast expanses of unclaimed land waiting to be seized and utilized and are never in danger of running into claims conflicts. With Jolly, Cedrek, Cadamosto, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both a friendly and supportive close community and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. With the communal resources of Wysteria including a high-yield double-blaze grinder for XP, easy End Portal access to one of Hermertia’s great innovations in our Enderman XP farm, expansive beacon mining for profitable minerals, and newly-generated biomes that include the newest in-game features, Wysteria offers rich resources at your fingertips. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the continuation of a rich and storied legacy.

Wysteria is a realm of experimentation and progress, not least of which is accomplished through a rich lore; a collective construct that is among my favorite elements of Hermertia, our lore is strengthened each time we contribute – I welcome every vassal to do so, and the result has been an expanding and evolving lore for Wysteria which you can get a taste of over at our Realms Section. Though Wysteria is defined by a great many ideals, two are key: economic progress and experimentation with democracy and politics. The Minister(leader) of Wysteria also chairs the Merchant’s Guild, an international organization dedicated to fostering free trade and diplomatic relations across the Empire; to this end we invest heavily in the development of international Merchant’s Guild Trading Post to bring the realms of the Empire together in commerce. Wysteria is also the beneficiary of a continuously evolving political system, which has seen myriad evolutions since the days of the founding of the capital Gallen; we are currently engaged in our first ever election for the Minister of the Wysterian Assembly, a process which you can read more about here. As a greatly active and continuously evolving realm, Wysteria offers you the chance to make your mark in our lore and to design a path for yourself as you see fit.

The people of Wysteria have an old saying - now the realm's official motto - , a maxim descended from the first settlers of Laborate, Ertia over a century ago: In labor, as in all else, success through perspective. This comes from our belief that greater knowledge, greater effectiveness, and greater appreciation for the world around us can be achieved by learning from as many perspectives as possible. From discovering a more efficient mining technique to appreciating a new culture, Wysteria always welcomes the opportunity to learn from others; as such, I would be only too happy to welcome a man from beyond the reaches of our borders, and one who is familiar the necessary struggle to preserve an objective history. It is one that our peoples have also worked long and hard for, and one I would love to explore further by welcoming you to Wysteria.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the broader lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria deep blue in the east. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the hotbed of activity in the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong and historic ties with many neighboring realms including Ostlaed, Kaine, the GRHH, and Ertia. The bustling capital, the trading and economic hub of Gallen, features a Maritime Fast Travel Point (a MMO-esque fast-travel mechanic that uses boats to instantly transport you to other ports via command blocks) that connects to Ostlaed’s Acholm and from there on to ports across the Empire, placing the cities of Hermertia at your fingertips. We are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

Gallen, capital of Wysteria and among the largest cities in the Empire. Perched atop a savannah plateaux and bordered by some of Hermertia's stoutest walls, Gallen was the first city constructed in Wysteria. The area still sees ongoing development, however, and has been continuously improved to become a shining example of eastern progress. Visible in the foreground are the expansive docklands, which host numerous international vessels and a fast-travel point and have turned Gallen into a premier trading and economic hub. Also seen are the walls of Gallen; the city sports a commanding view to deter aggression. The walls came in handy not too long ago, when in a lore battle the Wysterian Guard and international allies defended the city from attack by nefarious raiders.

A diverse realm, Wysteria contains towns and settlements of great variety in style, architecture, feel, and purpose. Above, in order, are shots of manufacturing and equestrian hub Chester-le-Ford, desert trading settlement and Great Pyramid dig site Vryth, coastal fishing village and religious mecca Caeslthrome, and prairie agrcultural settlemet Maes. These were all built in part of in full by vassals of Wysteria, and show off just some of what is possible for vassals in our great community.

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay). Whatever environment might be deemed most suitable or whichever strikes a fancy can be traveled to in short order.

I wrote of the Merchant's Guild, an organization dedicated to fostering trade in Hermertia, above; as a great promoter of international trade and a chief financier of the Guild, Gallen is home to the main Guild Hall. Said Hall is in the foreground; the deep black of the polished andesite used in its construction contrasts with the gleaming white that makes up the walls of the rest of the buildings in Gallen's Commercial District.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! Good luck in choosing, and I look forward to welcoming you to Hermertia!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 1:49 am 
Duke

I would like to formally offer you a place in Casadia. Below is a map of Casadia’s current territory and settlements:

*Not shown: the settlement of Aegirszitadel along the coast in southern Östea.

Casadians are an industrious people, priding themselves on their expertise in mining, smithing, and infrastructure. The wealth accumulated from Casadia’s focus on mining and enchanting is often distributed to others outside of Casadia as a means to spread prosperity throughout the empire. Casadians are also famed for their skill in combat, having won a number of victories over the years against those that wish to bring chaos to the empire. The Grand Duchy of Casadia is home to a wide variety of settlements, from mighty mountain cities like Ankylos to quaint villages and towns like Kathaera and Miradost. Casadia is also known for the dominant religion in its society, known as the Path of the Unburnt. The creed is based around a belief in the Inner Fire found within each person, which Casadians believe to be the source of courage and determination within oneself. By following the Path of the Unburnt, it is believed that an individual can embrace their Inner Fire and reap a number of physical and mental benefits, most notably a resistance to fire and heat.

Should you choose to join Casadia, I will provide you with all of the tools and resources you might require for founding a new county. I also have a wide range of biomes nearby, including coastal taiga, dark forest biomes, and mountainous jungles.(biome map here). Much of Casadia’s territory is well developed, but there is plenty of adjacent wilderness ripe for expansion. As your liege, I will give you free reign to build what and where you please. Your land will be yours to develop and rule as you see fit. Any resources you would gather would be yours to keep, as I do not wish to deprive you of the means to success. And should you ever wish to depart from our lands and start your own county, you will have my full support. It is Casadia's desire to see all citizens of the empire succeed, regardless of where they live or who they serve. We would be grateful for any help you would have given us during your time with our people.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I wish you the best of luck as you choose your liege!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 2:47 am 
Applicant

Wysterian Labourer's Council wrote:
Congratulations on achieving your required votes! Now that prospective lieges may begin to extend offers, I would like to throw my name into the hat and extend you an invitation to the bountiful and intriguing lands of Wysteria.

After over 150 years – two years in real life – of history as part of the Kingdom of Ertia, a group of adventurers set off in search of our own lands. The result is Wysteria, a land that, in over a year of hard work, commitment, and exceptional community, has grown to become a proud realm recognized for tolerance, diversity, and a wealth of economic and political intrigue. Together with stalwart vassals Counts Jolly, Cedrek, and Cadamosto, we have taken great strides: Wysteria stands today on the cusp of being recognized as the Empire’s newest Kingdom, a testament to the opportunities available within our lands.

A diverse realm, Wysteria offers something for everyone in the pursuit of an ever stronger and more interesting nation. The land itself is suited to a multifaceted realm, with nearby biomes including plateaux, deserts, beaches, plains, savannah, swampland, many extreme hills and mountains, lots of rivers snaking through the landscape, and, last but not least, expanses of ice plains and wintry taiga – there is tremendous freedom in your choice of building, and you would be welcome to assist with any one of Wysteria’s ongoing construction projects or found a settlement of your own. Free of any border conflicts, new vassals are presented with vast expanses of unclaimed land waiting to be seized and utilized and are never in danger of running into claims conflicts. With Jolly, Cedrek, Cadamosto, and myself nearby, Wysteria offers both a friendly and supportive close community and vast stretches of unexplored land to make your own. With the communal resources of Wysteria including a high-yield double-blaze grinder for XP, easy End Portal access to one of Hermertia’s great innovations in our Enderman XP farm, expansive beacon mining for profitable minerals, and newly-generated biomes that include the newest in-game features, Wysteria offers rich resources at your fingertips. It is a land where anyone can pursue their goals and have a hand in the continuation of a rich and storied legacy.

Wysteria is a realm of experimentation and progress, not least of which is accomplished through a rich lore; a collective construct that is among my favorite elements of Hermertia, our lore is strengthened each time we contribute – I welcome every vassal to do so, and the result has been an expanding and evolving lore for Wysteria which you can get a taste of over at our Realms Section. Though Wysteria is defined by a great many ideals, two are key: economic progress and experimentation with democracy and politics. The Minister(leader) of Wysteria also chairs the Merchant’s Guild, an international organization dedicated to fostering free trade and diplomatic relations across the Empire; to this end we invest heavily in the development of international Merchant’s Guild Trading Post to bring the realms of the Empire together in commerce. Wysteria is also the beneficiary of a continuously evolving political system, which has seen myriad evolutions since the days of the founding of the capital Gallen; we are currently engaged in our first ever election for the Minister of the Wysterian Assembly, a process which you can read more about here. As a greatly active and continuously evolving realm, Wysteria offers you the chance to make your mark in our lore and to design a path for yourself as you see fit.

The people of Wysteria have an old saying - now the realm's official motto - , a maxim descended from the first settlers of Laborate, Ertia over a century ago: In labor, as in all else, success through perspective. This comes from our belief that greater knowledge, greater effectiveness, and greater appreciation for the world around us can be achieved by learning from as many perspectives as possible. From discovering a more efficient mining technique to appreciating a new culture, Wysteria always welcomes the opportunity to learn from others; as such, I would be only too happy to welcome a man from beyond the reaches of our borders, and one who is familiar the necessary struggle to preserve an objective history. It is one that our peoples have also worked long and hard for, and one I would love to explore further by welcoming you to Wysteria.

If you’re interested, I’ve included a few pictures of Wysteria and its environs:

A map of the broader lands of Hermertia, with Wysteria deep blue in the east. Both a good ways off from neighbors and close to the center of the hotbed of activity in the East, Wysteria’s location allows for unimpeded expansion while remaining in the thick of international business; we maintain strong and historic ties with many neighboring realms including Ostlaed, Kaine, the GRHH, and Ertia. The bustling capital, the trading and economic hub of Gallen, features a Maritime Fast Travel Point (a MMO-esque fast-travel mechanic that uses boats to instantly transport you to other ports via command blocks) that connects to Ostlaed’s Acholm and from there on to ports across the Empire, placing the cities of Hermertia at your fingertips. We are a mere 10-minute travel via the fully complete Nether Lines to the Imperial Isle and Mount Empire, the future Capital City of the Empire.

Gallen, capital of Wysteria and among the largest cities in the Empire. Perched atop a savannah plateaux and bordered by some of Hermertia's stoutest walls, Gallen was the first city constructed in Wysteria. The area still sees ongoing development, however, and has been continuously improved to become a shining example of eastern progress. Visible in the foreground are the expansive docklands, which host numerous international vessels and a fast-travel point and have turned Gallen into a premier trading and economic hub. Also seen are the walls of Gallen; the city sports a commanding view to deter aggression. The walls came in handy not too long ago, when in a lore battle the Wysterian Guard and international allies defended the city from attack by nefarious raiders.

A diverse realm, Wysteria contains towns and settlements of great variety in style, architecture, feel, and purpose. Above, in order, are shots of manufacturing and equestrian hub Chester-le-Ford, desert trading settlement and Great Pyramid dig site Vryth, coastal fishing village and religious mecca Caeslthrome, and prairie agrcultural settlemet Maes. These were all built in part of in full by vassals of Wysteria, and show off just some of what is possible for vassals in our great community.

A map of Wysteria made using Amidst, a Minecraft mapping program. This shows off the variety of our lands: in a small region, newcomers have access to locations in many different biomes. (Gallen is located in the grey area in the bay). Whatever environment might be deemed most suitable or whichever strikes a fancy can be traveled to in short order.

I wrote of the Merchant's Guild, an organization dedicated to fostering trade in Hermertia, above; as a great promoter of international trade and a chief financier of the Guild, Gallen is home to the main Guild Hall. Said Hall is in the foreground; the deep black of the polished andesite used in its construction contrasts with the gleaming white that makes up the walls of the rest of the buildings in Gallen's Commercial District.

If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to shoot me a pm with questions or post them here! Good luck in choosing, and I look forward to welcoming you to Hermertia!

I've thought for almost an hour now about my decision, and I have looked through many of the kingdoms, including the majority of which I haven't received an offer from. After all of these I've decided that I think I'd most like to be a part of Wysteria. Many kingdoms had a lot to offer, but the elections of Wysteria took the top spot, it's something I care a lot about and I feel my character would as well. So, if you will still have me I'd love to join!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 3:02 am 
King

I am delighted to officially welcome you to Wysteria! I very much look forward to making your acquaintance in-game.

We'll get you added to the whitelist shortly. Your spawn point is Concordia, a co-built city in the north-western corner of the Empire; fast-travel connections exist to take you from there to Gallen. I would love to meet you in Concordia if possible; I'll be online a good amount tomorrow evening, if you would like to meet up then. Otherwise, whenever you get on (whether between now and then or later if tomorrow doesn't work) any member of the community online should be happy to help you get to Wysteria. I'll be in touch again shortly, and feel free to send me a message or just ask anyone in-game if you have any questions.

When we meet up, we'll get you outfitted and discuss plans! Looking forward to it.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 3:13 am 
Count

Awesome! I have a feeling you'll greatly enjoy picking Wysteria!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 3:16 am 
Duke

A great choice! I can't wait to see what you accomplish in Wysteria!

PostPosted: December 7th, 2016, 3:20 am 
Duke

An excellent choice in Liege! Many of our finest members have found their start in Wysteria. I look forward to seeing your work on the server

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next