All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kalimbaba's Aplication
PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 7:49 am 
Settler

Unsure as to state if the application is my minecraft user or my character. Character's name is: Sapa-Mita Huliam (surname, name)
I'll start as the Minister for Applications and Settlement recommends with some personal information. I'm a Peruvian lad in his 19 years, first language English (if you didn't already notice, very rusty) and currently in university. The main aspect that drove me towards here is the lore based elements combined with the in-game representation of the politics and the rpg. I got interested whilst surfing reddit/r/imaginarymaps (i believe) and that peeked my interest. I've done something akin to this before with the nationstates web forum thing, i was pretty invested but the lack of anything real besides the walls of (interesting) text eventually wore me off. I feel like this diplomatic game is something i've always enjoyed, from the MUN's to the aforementioned Nationstates. I'm looking to get to know more of this community and make some history (not necessarily in the sense of being a historian) that will bring me fond memories. http://i.imgur.com/c6PO86m.jpg.
My plans are: 1st. get some standing in the realm and get my way atleast to a Count, once there, i'll ask my respective liege to allow me to go off to form my own colony in the name of that kingdom/Duchy, there i will try to mantain a sort of Andean/Incan asthetic and mix it with some of the kingdom's style once trade gets going. once i begin growing my colonial territory i would grow out of my Duke/Liege to being under the King/Queen and expanding via Counts/Vassals the territory of. soon enough I would push for independence (bloodshed or not) gaining some standing for bigger influence in the world (this isn't a very stiff plan and is subject to change along with the tides of personal and state-level politics so this may not even happen, which is no problem). Exploring and trading sound like my kind of thing along running the territory, like hobbies. History is another viable option and with the experience i have from the Nationstates runs i could probably write some decent texts.
I really enjoy Farming and terraforming the land to adjust to my city growth, i find my builds are more entertaining in rugged places like highlands and hills, i'm not that capable in plains and forests because the open space is kind of intimidating for me, i feel like i could grow the city even bigger. I guess i'm better with colonies but i could still build some expansive realms, it would take me forever but i have music available so... My build i did since i registered here until today (2 days, i'm not this inspired, usually) http://imgur.com/a/2iQ2y It's probably my best build but i've never really played this much MC in Years.
LORE: Bron from the wedding of a local trading family with a Farming one, since young the art of trade and farming engulfed me, i usually stayed with my mother and the farms, i did travel a fair few with my father but home was with momma. The neighbouring farms usually breached each other's territory so steal the grain and the "slaves" (they are paid yet their payment isn't comparable to the cost of living in the farmstead, thus avoiding the Order of nation's ban) this constant sacking ensured that none of the farmsteads could thrive. the status cuo continued until i grew to be 15, the legal age of being a man in my culture, to prove my manilenses i had to raid one of the neighbouring territories. I picked a large group of not-slaves and armed with what little we had we marched on the grain reserves. the local garrison was well armed and managed to repulse my first attempt. So we trained hard whilst i attempted to get an informant in their farm to tell me when another family was attacking them to swoop in and clean up the mess. After weeks i got the word, so i marched my 250 men to the granary yet again, once i got there, there had been no attack, instead they had coluded to ambushing me, they attempted a hammer and anvil on my small group of men yet we managed to move from their strike and, amidst the chaos they attacked each-other, it turns out one can't see well at night. once they noticed their mistake they attempted to regain their posture. they realised that my men were fresher than theirs and surrendered without a fight. Marching back home i had become a man worthy of my father's name. Soon after this event more raids were interchanged until the ruling liege clamped down on the constant raiding because the merchant families complained that this routine was impeding the farms from producing their true potential. The liege called for a council where all the farmers were invited and expected to speak , i attended as an observer. In the end of the week the main issues of territory boundaries were settled and raiding was now punishable by death and constant patrolling from the authorities made this law effectively enforceable and, luckily, NOT retroactive. A couple of months later the not-slaves that had grown accustomed to war were getting bored and uppity, a mutiny erupted in another of the farmsteads that ended with the killing of the farm-owners and subsequent slaughter of the revolt by the army. with this events the men in the worker-cabin started a small riot one night that quickly escalated out of control and, whilst the house we were in became under siege my grandfather told me that "as a man, you must go there and convince them not to kill us" and threw me out to the mases. learning from the various speeches during the council i started talking to the revolters, many of whom i had trained with the very weapons they held against me. once there was daybreak they had settled down and my grandfather started negotiations with them. Once i was 18, as custom, i was sent off to expand the family name on other lands, my father and mother shipped me off with money and rations, enough to get me where they had planned. Where? i don't know.
-Race: Human, caucassian-andean creole
-Old profession: Farmer
-Culture: Best way to explain this is an Incan/Andean culture, quite emphatic and simple livestile. I expect this to develop further in the game.
-Religion: looking to learn about the local religions, current beliefs don't satisfy his every question about life.

I took the Liberty of taking the questions i've seen asked to other applicants to be one step ahead.
* What is your minecraft user name?
Kalimbaba_
* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?
Firstly, depending on the hierarchy and power fo the claimant i would either attempt to diplomatically resolve it or fight my point towards him. If he has more power then i'd ask my liege for help and do what he tells me to do, he's my liege, after all and i don't want to drag the entire realm down a path of war. I can always bide my time and prepare for a moment of weakness to enforce my rightful claim.
* If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?
Mountains, highlands, plateau, hills, whatever's rugged.
* What time zone are you in, and when would you usually play?
Peruvian is ETC, if im not mistaken. Late'ish in the weekdays and on the weekends in the afternoon 4-9'ish
* Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?
yes, It's akin to the CK2 sistem (Feudal)
* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?
Yeah, i might pop on there, depending of the time and other factors, but you will hear my voice (I'll try and use an on-off toggle mic)

I hope this is good for a starter , let me know what parts youd like to "massage".
Also, the thing in the flag is supposed to be a sun. Just in case.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 5:10 pm 
King

Welcome to The Mercurian Empire! You've got a lot of potential here, Sapa-Mita Huliam.

This is a fantastic applicaton! You're previous experience is showing. I would like to give you your first royal vote! you need 3/6 Kings and 60% of the Dukes to get in or 4/6 Kings.

I would be very interested to see some of the l build styles and designs you have shown us in game in one of our mountain ranges. If you have any questions we would be happy to hear them !

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 6:20 pm 
King

I dont think I have too many questions left. You have my vote! Very well done.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 9:31 pm 
King

You have my vote as well!

of River's End

PostPosted: November 7th, 2016, 12:51 am 
King

and you have mine!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 7th, 2016, 2:58 am 
King

Congratulations !

You have all your votes! You'll get liege offers now! Keep checking the thread!

PostPosted: November 7th, 2016, 3:26 am 
Settler

Quote:
You have all your votes!

Thank you all for the votes. If any of you still have questions I'll be more than happy to answer them.
http://imgur.com/a/3JIrx my progress with ships and the water thing, isn't much.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm 
King

The Kingdom of Pyrencia, headed by the Emperor Myron Azarn-Blodh, formally makes an offer for you to settle within the Kingdom.

I would like to offer you a home in the Kingdom of Pyrencia. We are one of the newest kingdoms, forged by many hands out of the wilds of the south of hermertia. Still driven by the furnace of expansion, we have a strong sense of community and are very fond of working on builds in groups. While you would have a good deal of autonomy and freedom under me, rest assured i would only be right around the corner should you require assistance, and i am always very active in helping my vassals out.

Recently, our King Myron was elected Emperor of Hemertia!

Pyrencia is located in the south-central/south-west portion of the empire, as marked in red on the map.

Lore

My people, the Pyrencians, are a short lived people. Most of our kind can only live to be about 30-40. While deeply religious, the majority of our race believes the parasitic virus that causes us to be short lived (don't worry it can be passed on, but is incredibly complicated so its not actually contagious) is actually because our blood is mixed with that of the gods. In fact, when the virus/blood is removed, we become virtually identical to elves, humans or dwarves, but mostly elves, depending on the family line. (over several generations of course, genetic mutations don't just go away). And while our religion is important to us, one of its teachings is that our gods are ours, and there are others out there for other races and cultures, meaning we are very accepting of other religions, just that conversion doesn't work out that great for us.
A long time ago, my people lived in virtual isolation on the Isle of Shadows, but we were attacked by the Danaan, which caused the first IgnisBlade to lead the remnants of our society to the old world, where we fell into relative isolation again, until the Unraveling occurred. We journeyed to the new world, arriving shortly after a good deal of the Mercurian empire's people did, and then decided to truly join the empire. Eventually, we rose to kingdom hood itself.

Some amenities available in the Kingdom of Pyrencia:

* Large variety of biomes, everything from jungle to snow biomes!
* Centralized maritime fast travel connection
* Beacon mine in Port K'Valsaer
* Multiple mob grinders
* Super active liege
* A few other vassals to play with as well!

Finally, a few of the villages of the Kingdom of Pyrencia:

Port K'Valsaer

Mytheth

Faidel

West Frostguard

Castle Draenic

Edhevrand

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire - I look forward to your response!

- Emperor Myron Azarn-Blodh, King of Pyrencia.

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 8th, 2016, 4:42 am 
Settler

Emperor Myron wrote:
The Kingdom of Pyrencia, headed by the Emperor Myron Azarn-Blodh, formally makes an offer for you to settle within the Kingdom.

Thank you for the offer King Azarn-Blodh, However, I'll abstain from making a decision yet as weather to join your kingdom because of, the Religion aspect, I don't think my character will be happy walking into a virus infected town or worse an empire, Father being a trader one learns to avoid illness stricken ports so i would consider it quite lore un-friendly (although you did state that it's not particularly contagious). Having trouble with the conversations of religion wouldn't really work to the lore I've pre-maid. But, you being a religious people and my character being open to new Ideas yet an unbeliever might make for some early conflict that does sound quite interesting times to be had.
I do certainly see it as a good option, i'll bide my time on a final answer for a few days.
I hope my words aren't received Ill'ly, i just don't think its the most adequate place for me. I hope you can understand.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2016, 4:55 am 
King

To be fair, most folk dont even know its a parasitic virus, only high ranking scholars study it and know of it like that. But definitely take your time and pick the liege thats best for you!

-The Hydra
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741