All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: zajlend's application
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 6:16 pm 
Count

Hello! My name is zajlend and I'm interested in joining your server. My IGN is zajlend as well.

How I found about Hermertia

I've found about Hermertia through your recent post on /r/worldbuilding. When I saw it is a Minecraft server, I was immediately hooked and had to explore your forums and rich lore.
What really interested me in this server was not only your lore-rpg experience, as there are many fairly good roleplay servers, but the way the community gets involved. On many servers you are either the owner's friend or nobody. I can see this isn't the case, here, anybody can rise to success through involvement and dedication. It's something I've been looking for in a server for quite some time.

About me

To tell you something about myself, I'm a 15 years old girl from Czech Republic, which is in the CET timezone (UTC+1). I hope my timezone will not be a big problem. I know peak hours are in the US afternoon/evening, but surely there must be several people from Europe, who will be online earlier, right?
I enjoy worldbuilding, playing video games, drawing, and writing. I've been playing Minecraft since Beta 1.3, and I've been building for as long as I can remember. But I haven't really played survival lately (read: 3 years since I focused mainly on survival), but I want to change this. I don't enjoy singleplayer survival, but with other people it's way more fun. I hope I can return to enjoying survival, as I did in good old Beta.
As I already stated, I like building. I generally build in the plains biome, but my favorite biome to build in is actually the desert. I like the pastel yellow color of sandstone, especially mixed with red, my favorite color. I also like the flower forest biome, but I've built anything medieval in one, so I don't know how that could turn out. I don't like the look of swamps, because they are dark and gloomy, and their water is weird.
I also enjoy skinning. Well, creating female skins, not male skins, I've tried and it ended up... let's just say not well. I'll link images of my previous builds and skins at the bottom of the post.
On the server, I hope to be part of the community and somehow help it, be it through just being nice or through creating things. I can build, but I'd like to try something else. I'd be interested in skinning for others, but if nobody cares about skins, then I'll find something else. I'm really interested in running a business, because it seems like an interesting way to get to know people.
In the near future, I'd probably prefer to stay under a liege. It's may not be the most rewarding thing, but I'm not really that ambitious, so I don't have the need to climb ranks.

My character's lore

I still couldn't believe my ears. All my life I've been taught respect, not only towards my family and society, but also towards myself. And now my father told me I should marry some man! For the good of both families.
Well, I said no. And I don't care what anybody will think of me after today, but I still have enough respect for myself to not just get sold off like a good piece of cattle.
I wrote an explanation letter to my family and placed it on my desk. I signed it with my first name only, Zariin. I usually signed my letters with my family name as well, but I decided to drop it. Tommorow, I will not be part of this family anymore, because I apparently don't have enough respect for my family to marry a man they tell me to marry. Because I'm liberal enough to say no to a proposal and run away. Because I let emotions alter my actions.
I grabbed my silver necklace, the last tie to my family, the last tie to my noble life. I couldn't just leave it behind. It was a gift from my cousin. She was one of my best friends, but when she got married, we couldn't see each other that often anymore. I wished I could say goodbye to her. To see her for the last time.
I grabbed my money pouch. It felt heavy, so I took it. My ambitious father won't miss a few coins. I looked around my room. I silently said goodbye to my comfortable bed, to my beautiful dresses, as well as to my spinning wheel. I enjoyed sewing. Maybe I could use that in my future life, maybe I could sew clothes.
I also sent a little prayer to my ancestors, just for a little luck. Not that it ever helped me anyway. But I needed all the luck I could get, so I did it despite not believing in it working.
Then I climbed out of my window. It wasn't difficult, our walls were very ornamented, so there were many places to hold onto. Once I reached the ground, I checked the area for servants, and saw nobody. I had to walk through our estate grounds, all the way to a road leading to a town, from where I could take a carriage to a big port city.
It was a good idea to wear the servants' robes. In my usual dresses, everyone could recognize me. It saved me when I saw a servant twenty meters away. When I noticed him and he noticed me, my heart almost stopped. But he only glanced at me with a bored look, and looked away. I didn't know this servant, and he probably didn't know me, which was just pure luck helping me out. Maybe the prayed did work after all, who knows?
After perhaps hours, perhaps mere minutes, I reached the town. I was exhausted, but the vision of sitting in a carriage made me walk further. I found a carriage going to my destination city, so I paid for the journey and cramped inside with all the serfs wishing to travel as well.
I hated the whole ride, not only because of not enough room for myself, but also because the carriage was so uncomfortable. I'm used to silk, not rotten wood. I wished for a moment I could complain to one of my maids, byt then I realized my maids are no longer mine.
The smell of the ocean reached my nose. The fresh fishes from the fishing boats were not pleasant, but the salty water was. I followed the smell towards the docks, to find a ship which could take me to Mercurian Empire. I found a ship, so I waited in line to get in, meanwhile watching the seagulls fly over my head. I knew this ship trip will be long, but I knew it was going to be worth it. I could start a new life, one where I wouldn't be left at the mercy of my father, who would use me as a pawn in his game of rank climbing.

Links

Builds
http://imgur.com/a/6JOEb
Skins
http://imgur.com/a/Xl8M2

Thank you for reading through my application and I hope it's up to your standards!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 6:28 pm 
Count

Woah. I just wanted to drop in a say that your building style is inspiring. I really like the attention to realism with ruins and natural structures. The lore is really great too! I'm sure others will be dropping by soon. You seem like you'll be a great addition to any potential lieges.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 6:58 pm 
Duke

Great lore and gorgeous builds! I think you'll make an excellent addition to our community. You'll have my vote once we get a bill created in the House of Dukes.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 6:58 pm 
King

Hello! Welcome to Hermertia! You are our first Czech player, and all the Czech people I have met have been delightful. You will fit in well here!

Great application so far, You have my Royal Vote

Any questions please ask!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:07 pm 

Your timezone is not an issue! We have a continuously growing group of Europeans, and many Americans who are on earlier as well!

How do you feel about using voice communication programs? We use Discord a lot!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:13 pm 
Count

Thank you all very much for the compliments, it really means a lot. Also thank you for the vote, Samyrrah!
I've never used any communication programs other than skype, but I might give it a try eventually. I'm a bit shy and awkward when it comes to talking over the internet, though.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:27 pm 

That's fine! It's not a requirement by any means.

I'm really impressed with your application. I'm going to start a Ducal Bill for your applicant. You'll need either 3 more king votes, or 2 more plus a passed Ducal bill.

You can follow that here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1237

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:49 pm 
King

You may have my ROYAL VOTE as well

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 9:35 pm 
King

You have my vote as well. Very well done!

PostPosted: November 4th, 2016, 1:50 am 
King

You have my vote as well, great application!

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.