All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tehlmar's Application
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 10:12 am 
Settler

Hi, my in-game name is Tehlmar. Im 15 and live in the UK... ive played Minecraft for a while now (4 years or something - i cant quite remember).

I wish to join Hermertia because I wish to create a duchy or over time a kingdom that will be accepted into your community and hopefully have a fruitful existence in the world. One of my friends, Resinex, who has already joined Hermertia. He was the one who first told me about this and as soon as I saw your website I was intrigued. I have wanted to find a different styled server for a while and this one fits what I wanted to experience. I am not a very good builder, i have my own random styles and different techniques and i wish to improve upon this and a lot of other things within the game.
If i am accepted into Hermertia i hope to work under a liege or maybe just set of on my own. I wish to first be an explorer and to see what the world has to offer, then maybe i will start a small town somewhere and hopefully expand upon this. I do like to create farms and i like to build medium/larger sized structures over smaller ones although smaller structures are sometimes fun to build, i also like to create cave systems and tunnels underground and this would work well in a city if i ever get to build one.

I like to build using dark oak and stone, sometimes I may use different materials depending on where i settle but i prefer to use some dark oak in my buildings, i usually build in biomes like plains that are next to dark oak forests or in large roofed oak forests.

Here are some of my builds and i hope you like them - http://imgur.com/a/r9NLH

Elieth Tehlmar is of Elven blood and once lived on his home island 'Ragnarok' this island was involved in a great war when he was just a 6 year old child and he became an orphan. As the seventh son of the seventh son in the Rowan family he was destined to do great things and this is to be shown. The only way that could survive was to join a ship's crew so that is what he did. He was on that ship just over 11 years and hated every minute of it, he wished every night before he slept that he could get of that ship and somehow survive. Then 3 weeks after his 17th birthday the ship crashed on a island that the Elves didn't even know existed. This place was Hermertia. With almost all of his crew killed in the wreckage he ran to get help and found none. He was in a place he did not know and so he desired to know more about this place. He believed that his destiny is here in this place he will no to call home.
With no family to help him and as he knew no one he wandered around the land, hunting for food and sleeping in trees at night, and with that he became an explorer. He traded meat for clothes and weapons and any other things he needed when he saw a carriage or any small towns but he avoided all of the big cities and larger kingdoms out of fear of a cruel leader... maybe they did not like elves much. He wished to carry on the great works of his people and hoped to create great civilisations like they once had, huge cities on mountaintops or in huge secluded forests, he wanted to spread everything he could about the elves through this place and hopefully show them that Elves are not to be afraid of. He has no religion as he never believed any of the stories the Elders told him when he was on his birth island but he does believe that there is a higher power, something that is pulling him towards his destined path.

(as you can tell i really was not sure what to put as my lore and it will probably change as my character does and as i say i didn't know what to write but i hope that is okay)

Last edited by Tehlmar on January 5th, 2017, 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 12:15 pm 
King

Very nice start so far! Mark will most likely post a few questions for you to answer. You have answered most already so once I see the answers to the other questions I will make my decision from there.

Thank you for the work you have out into this so far!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 12:21 pm 
Settler

Thank you !! I'm open to answer any and all questions so ill answer then as best i can.

'Rise And Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions' - Robin Hood

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 4:32 pm 

It's fine to have lore change between your application and getting in game!

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

We always ask a few questions first:

* What is your minecraft user name?

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

* If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?

* When would you usually play?

* Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?

* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 4:50 pm 
King

Hello! I would be interested to see your culture and your lore expanded upon. There's no rush or anything but it can come with time!

Looking forward to seeing your answers and to see what you and your friends can accomplish together!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 5:27 pm 
Settler

Hey,
So my minecraft username is Tehlmar.
In the case of a territorial dispute the first thing would to talk it over with the person and then maybe trading some materials or resources if there was any damage to land or if any land was taken. If that does not go to plan then it could result in a fight but that would be worst case scenario.
If I had to choose some biomes it would be... Roofed forest and borders of plains and forests. not near any birch forests however because I don't work much with that wood colour.
I would usually play on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday at about 4 PM UTC and at the weekend when I get the chance this ranges from about 7:30AM to 8/9PM. this could change however due to school work and throughout the holidays I would probably be on a lot more.
I have read the FAQ and my friend has also cleared up a few things too, I will probably be working under a liege for a while and hopefully become a Count and after that maybe even a Duke.
I have used discord before and would be a little uncomfortable using the voice program but maybe I will give it a try, I will definitely be open to using text speech as an alternative however.

I'm not really sure where to start with lore but ill try and add a few things...

The elves have always been a race of great prosperity and happiness. They would always look to make the world a brighter place and wherever they could, stop evil in its path. Wood Elves are a part of Elven kind that are secluded from the others and do not speak to the other races much at all let alone their own kind. The wood-folk are not seen much and when the other races do meet them they are usually met with fierce faces and sharp axes. Wood elves have always been feared and the only way to stay out of the way of hunters was to become secluded and alone. Many people worship gods they have created and some choose to go on a warriors path. This is what Elieth chose as his path as did his fathers before him. The wood elves felt that they were chosen for greatness and that they would some day emerge form their hiding and travel the world. To do this however they had to become great fighters, the wood elves were the best hunters and are incredibly skilled with bow and sword alike, they train hard day and night to become the best they can be so that either they or their sons will be able to go out into the sun and explore the world beyond their islands.

'Rise And Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions' - Robin Hood

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:00 pm 
King

Good lore, we can go into it more when you get accepted, I like that premise.

In our history, the Elves ruled over the other races, a dominant ruling Elven Empire, known as the Ibarhian Empire. They were overthrown eventually by Humans and other races, but they have since been scattered and are persecuted across the Empire even now. Your Wood elves could be either some descendants of the fallen Ibarhian Empire, or Elves that were apart from that Empire.

Great application. You've got my Royal Vote!

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:36 pm 

Great responses! I"m going to go ahead and start a ducal bill for your application. You'll need 2 more king votes if that bill passes, or 3 more king votes.

You can follow the progress of that Ducal Bill here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1238

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 7:50 pm 
King

You may have my ROYAL VOTE as well

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2016, 9:31 pm 
King

You have my vote as well. Well done application so far!