All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 2:06 am 
Settler

The Dark Elf that showed up to the Ministry of Applications and Settlements was without a doubt the oddest Dark Elf that the citizens of the Mercurian Empire had seen; mostly due to the fact that Dark Elves were a rare sighting indeed. They weren't an unheard-of sighting, but many that did stumble upon the Dark Elves out in the wilds of New Hermertia ended up too dead to report back their findings.
Still, there she was. She came half a head shorter than her Snow Elf cousins, and her skin was so black it almost glowed blue. Long, silver-white hair matched her milky silver eyes, which for the purpose of submitting her application she had shielded with a pair of black-stained glasses.
She squints, going over the pages of the application one last time before handing it over to the secretary. Her brow furrows as the secretary frowns, trying to make out her chicken-scratch writing; Rissa thought she had done pretty well for not having known the written language of the land a mere two weeks back. She flashes a sheepish smile, though it shows a little too many too-white teeth for comfort.
She might have been cast out by her people for not having the "proper temperament," but as long as there was an opportunity to do well for herself, she was going to take it.

First and foremost, I'm a longtime fan of RPGs, from tabletop to MMO, and finding a good RP server for MC has been a real challenge. Hermertia looks to be one of the better ones that I've found, so I'm a wee bit excited for this. I found the server browsing Reddit and spent a day or two reading through the forum before deciding that this might be the server for me.

On a purely gameplay level, I'm here to learn new building techniques(including redstone, which I love the idea of even if some of the mechanics of it go over my head at times), improve upon some that I've already figured out, and generally to enjoy Minecraft in my favorite game-type setting.

http://imgur.com/a/hyjMs < An album containing several of my builds, the images with descriptions have been posted before to Reddit, I'm just too lazy to edit all the text out \o/ It's not entirely in order, but most of this was done in survival, on various servers.

I'd also like to preemptively answer some of the questions you guys like to ask, just to save you the time.

If entering into a dispute over land with another player, I would try to handle the situation in-character if at all possible, and that would very likely result in me giving up the land in question without a fight- there's plenty of dirt patches I can go play in.

My all-time favorite biomes to build in are those that have the biome-specific blocks in them, like ice spikes and mesa biomes. I'm happy to build just about everywhere, though.

My MC username is Galrissa, though I usually go by just "Rissa." I've only been playing Minecraft off and on for a little over a year now, so I have tons of room for improvements. I'm PST(UTC-8), but you can really find me online at all hours. Typically when I'm not at work or sleeping, I'll be on.

I'm open to using any and all voice chats, as I've already got them all installed.

Thanks for considering my application, and I look forward to (hopefully)playing with you all!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 2:18 am 

This is what I want to see from an application!

I really don't have any other questions, seems you've been paying attention.

I've gone ahead and made a ducal bill for your application:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1221

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 2:42 am 
King

Very well done. You have my vote as well!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 3:22 am 
Settler

Thank you both very much for your consideration, and I hope it's not too forward to ask a few questions about the server myself.

In the FAQ it states that there are no mods are plugins used, but are there any game rules set to do things like prevent certain items being made(such as ender chests), or to prevent loss of items on death, fire spread, etc?

As to in-game chat, is it an in-character channel or is that reserved for Discord?

And finally, I did quite a bit of digging before even approaching my character, but I could only find one other applicant that went with the Dark Elf race, and no real lore about them. If there is any that anyone knows is available pertaining to Hermertia, and could point me in that direction, I'd love to read up on it.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 3:25 am 

That FAQ is fairly out of date, then.

We have a few plugins:

1. Prevent fire-spread from lightning. 1.9 brought changes to lightning that was nuking several of our towns to fire damage.

2. Fast Travel. We have a plugin that allows us to teleport from boats using a maritime network, and also allows your horse to be brought with you.

3. Mob-spawn prevention. We have a plugin that allows, with votes of the kings, an area to be safe from hostile mob spawns in order to protect aesthetics.

As far as game rules, I don't think there are any.

In character is really only mandatory in the diplomatic forum, but everyone else it tends to be off and on. It's up to you, kind of deal. We do have lore events that are in character, however.

There are snow elves, southern desert elves, sea elves, and maybe one other kind? I'm not sure on the Dark Elf part, but it shouldn't be an issue to have Dark Elves :). I'm sure someone will come along with more info on elves.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 3:48 am 
King

Great application. You've got my vote immediately.

Dawnstar is home to native populations of snow elves, and have had a Vassal who is a Dark Elf although I would love to hear more of your past and the history of your people.

I can't give liege offers before you get all your votes but I will be watching your application with great interest. Keep replying!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 4:10 am 
King

You have my vote also

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 5:57 am 
King

I am very impressed with your application, lore wise and photo wise. I would like to extend you my vote!

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 5:58 am 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire! I can think of a few Elven realms that will offer you a spot in their area!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 6:09 am 
Settler

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting to get all the votes I needed quite -this- quickly! Thank you all very much, and I look forward to the offers of my potential lieges.