All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Resinex's Application
PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:11 pm 
Count

Hello everyone! I am Resinex - this is also my in-game name -, a 16 year old guy from the United Kingdom and I found this server through the r/worldbuilding posts (the one that made me definitely sure I wanted to join was the language tree post). I've played Minecraft since 1.2.5, and have loved lore for as long as I can remember. I have been looking for a Minecraft server like this for some time and I am very pleased to have found it, I think I this may just be the perfect server for me! I have taken the liberty of going around my build test world and take some pics of my favourite builds, I hope they give you a good feel to my talent (or lack thereof :P ) and style of building. http://imgur.com/a/iPIU5

My aims for the server is to build up a small yet rich county/duchy for myself and some friends I have who are also very much interested in the server. I'd love to advance in the ranks too, and I love the system that the server employs - I think it is a great opportunity to learn the lore and ways of the server first. I also wish to found a business on the server, though I am unsure how this would work. I was thinking of a medieval styled business, perhaps a bank or a guild? My main goal however is to build up a nice county and learn the lore of the server.

I have noticed that several questions are often asked, so let me answer them in advanced to save you the trouble! My in-game name is Resinex, and my favourite biome to build in is likely either Taiga (not the snowy one) or plains. I have read the FAQ, and I believe I have good understanding of the system, though if I have any questions I won’t be afraid to ask. I live in the United Kingdom, so GMT/UTC. As for Discord, I wouldn’t feel too comfortable to talk with a mic and listen on conversations, though I certainly wouldn’t mind regular text conversations.

I hope that I will bring a wide variety of skills to the server, including my building skills (I hope that they are adequate!) and also my lore writing skills. I hope that I have a chance to develop several new aspects to the server’s lore such as culture and religion. I have often created lore for the small private servers that me and my friends have, and I hope that my lore and worldbuilding experiences will make me a welcomed member of the community.

Now time for the lore:
In a land far to the west was a wealthy family of miners named House Raymond. This family was generations old by the time Liam was born, and were miners for most its history. Liam was born to the current Patriarch of the family, but was the fifth and last son of his ageing father. Determined not to live a life in the mines, Liam set himself apart from his family at an early age and instead focussed on courtly matters, becoming a page to local noble. He slowly began to rise up the ranks, using the lessons the noble taught him in court intrigue to his advantage.
After years of working in the court, Liam was given the rights of a Noble, and was declared to be Sir Liam Raymond. He was betrothed to the Kings niece, and was set to inherit his heirless mentor’s county. His mentor however died in suspicious circumstances, with evidence being planted that bloodied Liam’s hands. Knowing of his innocence, his family paid for him to be smuggled to the East so that he can live the life he truly wanted; one of nobility.

Master of Trade in the Katoraktonion Sea.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:16 pm 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

* When would you usually play?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses! Some other smay come along with other questions.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:21 pm 
Duke

Nice builds! What would you say is your favorite type of structure/thing to build?

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:35 pm 
Count

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

* When would you usually play?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses! Some other smay come along with other questions.

I'd likely come on after 4pm GMT, and I can stay on for as long as I wish after that point up until around 10pm. Though I am in high school so I would have to devote some of my time to revision and homework, especially since it's my GCSE exam year :P

Cerydon wrote:
Nice builds! What would you say is your favorite type of structure/thing to build?

Thanks! I'm not really too sure about favourite thing to be honest, I'd guess it would be smaller houses, I think it's easier to put lots of detail into smaller builds.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:37 pm 

Resinex wrote:
Thanks! I'm not really too sure about favourite thing to be honest, I'd guess it would be smaller houses, I think it's easier to put lots of detail into smaller builds.

That's what I like to hear!

I'll go ahead and get your applicant rolling by starting a Ducal Bill in your favor:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1214

You need 4 king votes, or 3 king votes plus a passed Ducal bill to get into the server.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 7:30 pm 
Count

Mark Accynnafon wrote:

That's what I like to hear!

I'll go ahead and get your applicant rolling by starting a Ducal Bill in your favor:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1214

You need 4 king votes, or 3 king votes plus a passed Ducal bill to get into the server.

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 8:12 pm 
Duke

I think your builds show promise and your application a level maturity which we value.

I wish you the best of luck in joining us

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 10:05 pm 
King

You exhibit a strong level of maturity and sensiblenes that a fellow brit can appreciate. I will most likely vote for you but will wait and see further questions answered ! great application so far! keep checking !

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 10:22 pm 
Count

Septimus wrote:
I think your builds show promise and your application a level maturity which we value.

I wish you the best of luck in joining us

Thank you! I really hope that I am accepted, this server really does seem perfect for me.

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
You exhibit a strong level of maturity and sensiblenes that a fellow brit can appreciate. I will most likely vote for you but will wait and see further questions answered ! great application so far! keep checking !

Thanks! I am open for questions from anyone who wishes to ask one, or several.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2016, 6:55 pm 
King

You have my vote as well. Nicely done application and I wish you luck!