All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 12:23 pm 
Hello Hermertians!

I have had many names in the fascinating realm known as the internet, but the one I use most often are eragaxshim (sometimes with capital E) and EradurGwath (I have Minecraft accounts for both names, because why not?). I also once used the name arugaicastle on the MC forums. I live in the Netherlands.

I am roughly 16 years and 6 months old and found this server through a post made on /r/worldbuilding by Accynnafon (thanks!). I absolutely love medieval fantasy, lorebuilding and all the things involved and am currently also working on a fantasy novel (never going to finish it though) to keep my mind occupied.

The last time I played Vanillla Minecraft was the Minecraft 1.8 season of the New Eriador server (founded by Youtuber sZPeddy, check him out he has about 17k subs) but I eventually lost interest in just playing vanilla with nothing else. I wanted more time to work on worldbuilding and other games and thus decided to quit. About 10 months ago I played Modded Minecraft for a while (InfiTech 2 to be exact, with Gregtech and such) but since I also recorded that and put it on YouTube, everything cost me a lot of time and I eventually stopped doing that as well. However, this server has made quite enthusiastic again and since I haven't tried out all the new features of 1.9 and 1.10 and with 1.11 probably not that far away I'm confident I can once again sink a lot of hours into Minecraft survival. Not to mention the lore aspect, which I think I will enjoy a lot more. I think the combination of fantasy and worldbuilding with survival Minecraft will be enough to make me really enjoy this for quite a while!

---

I've always had a lore for my Minecraft persona, namely that he was a warrior god who was able to defend his homelands from thousands, but that after he died he returned as an undead ninja/industrialist. Yeah... that's not going to be compatible with Hermertia, so here comes a completely different character that I just made up.

"He is a human his name is Arugai. He was born in a tribal society, where he rose from a lowly warrior to a petty chief. It was then, at 25 years old, that he heard the rumors of rich lands far away and abandoned his people to find fortune. He travelled for many years, learning a great deal that he knew nothing of as a tribesmen and arrived in Hermertia at the age of 35. He has forsworn the way of the warrior, but has not forgotten how to wield a weapon.

In Hermertia, he wants to gather a fortune for himself and exploit the vast riches embedded in the land and its creatures. He knows that any newcomer begins as a serf, but believes that even as a serf he can become rich, and eventually rise through the ranks of nobility.

He is no architect, but on his journey learned how to build functional constructs. He also studied with a redstone engineer for a short time, learning the basics of the science and futher developing them. He knows the basic circuits and can even design some things for himself.

Do not underestimate Arugai. He might seem to have little depth and sophistication at first, but when you learn to know him better, you will find out just how sophisticated he is and how well he knows the world."

---

I hope that's good enough!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 2:14 pm 
Duke

Welcome to Hermertia! I'm glad you managed to find your way to us
I have a few questions that we usually ask newcomers for you:

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute with another player?

* Do you have a preferred biome or area type to build in?

* What time zone are you in, and when would you usually play?

* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. If successful in your application, would you be open to joining our voice program?

Also, for the benefit of any of our members who can't access youtube, would you mind posting a few images showcasing your building skills? If you don't currently have any pictures of previous builds perhaps you could put something together in a creative world for us?

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 2:31 pm 
King

Ave, traveller.

Your journey has been long and your life has been hard. This could be your new home, if you will answer a few questions for us.

(lore off) I have been impressed by your English skills at only 16 and from the Netherlands, and you say you are writing a book? incredible. One of our own members writes in his spare time also, Amena, if the kingdom of Perth. If you have some pictures as Septimus has mentioned, please post them :)

Your application is off to a great start. I'll be giving you my King Vote most likely very soon after I see some replies to the questions that Septimus and others will post.

Keep checking this every day!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:26 pm 
Septimus wrote:
* What would you do if you had a territory dispute with another player?

Depends whether it's OOC or IC. If it's OOC I would try to have a relaxed chat with him on Discord to and to try and hear his side of the story. Then I would tell him my side, and we'll see if there is any solution and if one is more right than the other.

If it's IC I would use the system of courts in place to arbitrate the dispute.

Septimus wrote:
* Do you have a preferred biome or area type to build in?

Yes, ordinary Forest biome.

Septimus wrote:
* What time zone are you in, and when would you usually play?

Central European Time so that would currently be UTC+1 in winter, UTC+2 in summer. Usually in the afternoons throughout the week (always somewhere between 16-21:30, really depends how long, but usually at least half an hour but usually more) and most of the day on weekends.

Septimus wrote:
* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. If successful in your application, would you be open to joining our voice program?

Yes, definitely. I've used it before.

Septimus wrote:
Also, for the benefit of any of our members who can't access youtube, would you mind posting a few images showcasing your building skills? If you don't currently have any pictures of previous builds perhaps you could put something together in a creative world for us?

Hm. Building is not my specialty at all but I take inspiration from people like Madnes64 for medieval-esque builds. When I play singleplayer I just make a big cave with no actual buildings and I'm no longer a member of most of the (whiltelisted) servers I played on where I actually built nice things. I would really just recommend to check out my YouTube. I don't have time to build anything today but I promise I'll try and do something for tomorrow!

I hope that's okay.

Last edited by EradurGwath on October 31st, 2016, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:29 pm 
Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
I have been impressed by your English skills at only 16 and from the Netherlands, and you say you are writing a book? incredible. One of our own members writes in his spare time also, Amena, if the kingdom of Perth.

Thanks for the compliment! I actually lived in the States for 3 years when I was really young so I always like to say I learnt it there. Currently also doing a bunch of excellence programs for English so that helps as well.

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
If you have some pictures as Septimus has mentioned, please post them :)

I'll try and do so tomorrow!

PostPosted: November 5th, 2016, 10:38 pm 
Any other questions?

PostPosted: November 5th, 2016, 10:43 pm 

I'd like to see some pictures!

PostPosted: November 5th, 2016, 11:07 pm 
King

So what would you want to make? We build towns and areas and and castles and fortresses and stuff.

You got any ideas on your first area? Or would decide when you find a good location?

PostPosted: November 8th, 2016, 4:05 pm 
King

Keep posting my good sir!