All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ScarIions Application
PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 3:10 am 
Settler

LORE: Scarlion served as an Ambassador of Khaden, ruled by King Ossan. The forgotten lands of Khaden were abandoned some time ago. Khaden was once a bustling country and welcomed many faces. All who came to Khaden sought peace and safety from dangers abroad. All traders knew each other, all men fished together, all felt like a family. The country was overthrown by King Tyrael II, an ally of Khaden once upon a time. Scarlion knew of the upcoming attack on his rulers lands, and tried to warn the council, but they told him he was speaking of nonsense, as King Tyrael II would never betray them. Scarlion pleaded to his family to leave the lands with him, but his parents detested. Scarlion was not an only child, but his older brother left Khaden long ago. Knowing the council nor his family would not listen to reason, Scarlion was torn between abandoning his family and friends, or staying by their side till the end. Scarlion, hesitatingly, decided to flee his lands the evening before the attack, and began to travel west, not looking back. From then on he began to seek shelter, living life as a wanderer. For some time, Scarlion remained in the city of Drellen. During his time there he worked as Joiner, but didn't feel as if he was a part of the city, simply a nugatory passerby. He grew fed up with his discontent, and decided that he no longer wanted to remain a wanderer, alone. He was desperate and forlorn, and felt trapped. He left Drellen and began to wander again... The 28 year old might have had a stroke of luck as he began traveling once again, a new dawn in his view. The fresh start and promising land he's been hoping for in his sights. The gates of Hermertia.

Personal: Hello there! I am a 17 year old gamer and have been playing MineCraft ever since superflat worlds were introduced! 1.2(?) I believe. My minecraft username is "ScarIion". I first read about the server on reddits /r/mcservers. I was looking for a server with a great community, one where I would be well involved and known in. The "RPG" tag also caught my eye. RPG's are one of my favorite genre of games and when I read more about The Mercurian Empire, I knew I wanted to join! I am in PST, and I am available whenever I am not at school, or busy with family/friends. I excel mostly in redstone, as it has always peaked my interest, but I am fairly decent at building. I understand the liege vassal system after a cursory look into it, and I have even read (most) of the constitution. I am well aware of the server rules, death system, etc. If I, hopefully, join the server I believe I would want to be a recognized offical of the Empire, or part thereof. Such as a duke, peacekeeper, ambassador, etc. But before I can decide for sure, I believe experiencing the gameplay of the server first would help lock in that decision.I may hop on the Discord server some time, given I am in the mood. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 3:59 am 
King

Hello! thanks for taking an interest In Hermertia!

your people have suffered greatly, perhaps you mos5 of all, burdened with living with all of the knowledge of your previous life and having it all cruellynripped away from you. Should your application be accepted, you will have a place within a Realm to rebuild.

We've got a significant number of players and each has a growing number of titles and accolades earned through their deeds and willingness to get involved. They all come with time and even the lowliest of Vassals can rise to become Leaders of their own people under a liege or independently.

I'll be over to vote for you again upon the morrow or whenever you've replied to the questions my fellow Mercurians will have posted. I am strapped for time just now but I shall check this application soon tomorrow! Good luck, strong appplication so far!

Any build examples?

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 4:33 am 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

We always ask a few questions first:

* Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative?

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

* If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 5:46 am 
Settler

Hello! First off let me state that, naturally, I do not expect to immediately gain a high rank or position. I do intend to work my way up as previously brought up by the King in this thread. And in regards to the questions, I have a few pictures. (Not of redstone builds, I have a new computer and all my redstone worlds were on my old one, sadly I lost them all) I will post them below. If I had a territory dispute where it was contested, I would report said dispute to the highest ranking officer available at the time. I would await for their response for the proper course of actions, and retaliate accordingly. Biomes I most enjoy building in are River, Taiga M, or Birch biomes, as I believe they are the most aesthetically appealing.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 5:50 am 
Settler

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 2:20 pm 
King

You seem like a capable and interested player, thank you for the build examples. I very much am interested to see what redstone wonders you can acomplish!

I'm very happy to grant you my Royal Vote!

You need 3/6 Kings with a Duke Bill passed , or 4/6 Kings. good luck

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:14 pm 
King

You have my vote as well!

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:16 pm 
King

As well as mine!

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 6:39 pm 

I'll go ahead and start a ducal bill to help get this applicant rolling!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1215

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm 
Settler

Much appreciated! I am able to make a few cursory redstone machines to showcase if needed, other than that, thank you for the votes. I hope to receive more and am able to join the empire soon.