All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 12:34 am 
Settler

To the Lords and Kings of this Land,

I have traveled far and wide looking for refuge from the tides of war in a distant empire. The ancient enemy of the Svits have overrun the Kaamstenrijkgh, destroying many cities that my father, Godred Krovan and I, Kaamsten Krovansson have helped build and fight for. I have fought in the Wars of Svitseron sucessession, the battle for Saalem, and the First Meartan War.

But now I am old, too weary to fight against the onslaught of evil in my lands. I search for a peaceful resettlement of some of my people, the Kaprians and the Testiths. We want a new start, to grow strong so one of my grandchildren can go and recapture the throne back at the Fatherland.

My family are from a long line of builders, creating dozens of enourmous cities with glistening towers and hundreds of homes. Neiukings, the largest, had over 300 individual buildings and over a thousand villagers. If you give me a lowlying fertile land to settle, I will build a great city. A City of Spires.

End of loretimes. My ingame name is camstonisland, and I have been playing minecraft since 1.1, building many towns and cities. For most of that time I played on a server [I don't want to compromise my acceptance chances by posting a dynmap link] controlling huge swaths of land and fighting several wars with neighbours, including a World War, though my focus is no longer on war or territory. That server however has been on a decline and despite my attempts to bring it back to life, there are too few members to keep it going. I want to make a new start on this server and build great cities. My builds are on a bit of a smaller scale than others and are more simplistic, but I think the context of buildings and the city district is more important than the building itself (a beautiful skyline is more important to me than very intricate individual buildings.) I am also skillful in building large farms.

My 'people' have our own language (Doggskspraakgh, there are some comments in Doggsk on /r/conlangs), and seeing how there were other languages here caught my attention to this server, amongst other things. These people are the Kaprians, and follow a religion of persuing and gathering knowlege of the world. I want to make a centre of learning and study.

Here are some screenshots.

Image <- built in an hour

Image I do good statues

I hope after seeing a fraction of my work shown above that you consider my allowance of passage into your lands. thank you.

-Kaamsten Krovansson (camstonisland), former 16th King of the Camstian Empire.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 12:44 am 

Absolutely fantastic application!

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

We always ask a few questions first:

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

* If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?

* What time zone are you in, and when would you usually play?

* Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?

* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 12:53 am 

Also, I've been reading some of your reddit comments. I think we're going to have a lot to talk about over time :)

My people, the Östrons, are a new nation of tribes that speak Östronish, a language I base off of Old Norse/Old English/Proto-Germanic. Perhaps our peoples once shared an ancestral homeland? I urge you to read both the history of my people here: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=650 and the history of the Mercurian Empire before roughly 300 YoE here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 1:05 am 
Settler

* I would report it to the higher authorities and use any court system that exists, and abide by their decision.

* a lowlying forest biome is my favourite, especcially one that has a shallow flooded area and ocean access. Coastal stuff is fun, but I will accept a more inland area if it has a river. TLDR flat-ish forest biome with either river or ocean (both preferable)

* I live in EST (US East Coast), and I usually play between 5-9 weekdays or anytime on weekends.

* I understand the basics of the liege-vassal system, but I cannot think of any specific questions as of now.

*I already have discord, and although I prefer text based communication, I am completely fine and excited to use voice program.*

My conlang Doggsk is based on an alternate universe where Dogger Bank is a few meters higher and forms an island. The ancestors of the Doggsk came from Jutland, Frisia, and the Netherlands. The Dogger name for Östlaed is Oostlundt (I assume 'laed' means 'land'. Does the 'Öst' mean 'East'?)
Doggerland map

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 1:16 am 

Yes, Öst means east :)

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 1:28 am 
Settler

Ive seen on previous applications that you need x many kings and/or a vote from the diet of dukes or something to actually be accepted.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 2:08 am 

Indeed!

You need 4 out of the 6 kings to vote for your application, or 3/6 and a successful bill posted by the House of Dukes.

I've a few one more question for you:

* Do you think you'd stay under a liege, or are you more independent minded?

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 2:14 am 
Settler

I would stay under a liege unless they start being a bit too controlling. If I were to form an independent state, it would be a tiny city state, I would probably more likely rise through the ranks if given the opportunity than break away.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 2:40 am 

Good answers. I'll go ahead and start a ducal bill to get this applicant rolling! Please be just a touch patient, weekends are a bit lower but people are reading your application! You'll get the votes in no time, I'm sure!

You can keep up with the progress of that Ducal Bill here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1206

It requires 4 votes at this time to pass!

PostPosted: October 31st, 2016, 3:51 am 
King

Having read your application, I would like to grant you your first Royal vote. your application is thorough, includes builds, lore and demonstrates a willingness to learn and add to our community and world.

I shall message the other Kings! sorry you've had to wait for this, please keep checking this forum for your votes. Big thanks to Mark for getting the ball rolling!

Any questions, just ask!