All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kakoure's Application
PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 4:40 am 
Settler

Hey guys! I'm Kakoure(IGN is also Kakoure), and I stumbled upon this on reddit whilst looking for a good survival/cooperative experience on Minecraft. I've always had a predilection for medieval themes, so I think this server would be a good fit for me. I love the setting and friendly environment of the sever, and hope to eventually be able to contribute to its extensive lore. I don't have much experience with RP, but hopefully I can learn.

-Once accepted into Hermentia, I aim to hone my building skills while serving under a liege, and possibly develop my writing ability by working as a scribe. I plan to serve under a liege indefinitely as I have neither the time nor the administration ability to advance in the ranks. I am a mediocre builder, as construction hasn't been a focal point of my Minecraft experience until very recently, and I am absolutely incompetent with redstone: anything more complicated that buttons and pressure plates in front of a door is beyond me.

-Here's a list of some builds I made: http://imgur.com/a/PP4hx

-I am most comfortable building in desert biomes, but have recently been attracted to the aesthetic of swamps, and would like to be able to try building in one.

-I am in the PT timezone, and will most likely play in the afternoon/evening(9:00-11:00 P.M. or 1:00 - 3:00 A.M. UTC).

-I've read the FAQ and have a general understanding of how the liege-vassal system works, although I may ask questions later if I have any.

-I would be open to joining the Discord, but I am pretty reticent, and may mostly just hop in to be able to hear what others are saying and chime in at a future time.

-If conflicts arise with other players, I will first try to resolve it peacefully by confronting the other player(s), and will take the case to authorities if it becomes a legal issue.

Lore:

Gavin Silverskin stared sullenly at the sea of stars above. There was once a time when he was enraptured by the mottled night sky, but now it only reminded him of the pointlessness of his infinitesimal existence. He was once a valorous knight of the Greywall Kingdom, which had fallen to a collection of notorious bandits. Upon returning from an expedition into the Nether in the search of valuable materials, Gavin found that the entire land had been razed, its inhabitants slaughtered, and his friends and family nowhere to be found. All he could do was repel the remaining bandits who had stuck around to loot the scattered cadavers and lament his inability to preclude the catastrophe. Gavin rigorously searched the charred remains of his village for days so that at the very least he could properly send his kin to the afterlife, but even that was beyond his ability. With nothing left to anchor him to the wasteland that was once his kingdom of origin, Gavin packed weeks worth of rations and set off to sea, eager to distance himself from any memories of his past life and fully expecting to meet his end. Once a man with great respect and boundless ambition, Gavin was reduced to a frail, dejected husk of what he once was, drifting across the sea and gazing aimlessly at the heavens.

As the sun began to rise, Gavin averted his gaze from the sky and began to analyze his surroundings. He noticed what seemed like a small island, barely visible to the naked eye. He began to sail towards the landmass, his interest piqued by the prospect of encountering a new civilization. As he approached what he had thought was a small island, Gavin felt a growing sense of awe welling up from within as the island grew into a continent, riddled with kingdoms much grander than his own. The fighting spirit within Gavin was reignited, and his energy renewed. Perhaps unparalleled opportunity awaited him in this new land, with its bountiful farms and plethora of breathtaking architecture. Exhausted from his long journey, Gavin slowly dismounted from his boat upon reaching the new land, walking towards a life in the world that he would soon come to know as the Mercurian Empire. As he was walking towards the vast civilization, Gavin heard his stomach rumble, and promptly picked up the pace, hoping that this strange new land had a decent tavern somewhere nearby.

Opportunity can wait.

Good food, on the other hand, cannot.

Let me know if I missed anything :)

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 5:04 am 
Duke

Great start on the application!

More people will chime in with questions soon and yes feel free to ask anything you want!

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 11:30 am 
Duke

Your application is off to a great start! I can tell you've done your research since you've answered most of our usual questions. Here are a couple more:

1. What is your favorite type of thing to build (temple, castle, etc.)?

2. What kind of music do you like?

3. Any questions for the community (feel free to ask)?

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 1:00 pm 
King

You get bonus points for using predilection!

There is no rush to develop your RPG skills, there are lore events in game when we organise them, and also we tend to stay in character on the forums for posts that official, Imperial Court and the likes. It's good fun and entirely up to you how much and how soon you'd like to do, zero pressure. Most of the time we're just hanging out and talking in Discord voice chat, plenty of time to get to know the rest of our friendly community.

Your writing is of a sad tale, traveller, but you have reached your destination now. There are amenities to be found in the Imperial City, while we find a liege lord to take you in. A skilled knight would be of use against the bandits and monsters that roam our countrysides, once your spirits are restored and you have a new appreciation for life, I am positive you will regain a sense of purpose. No one should have to go through what your people suffered, but it is all too common in the vast stretches of the Empire to see such events. As people who can do something to hold back the darkness, we owe it to those who cannot to keep them safe.

You have my Royal vote!

You need 4/6 Kings or 3/6Kings in conjunction with a Ducal Bill (60% of Dukes).

Looking forward to seeing you in game real soon! Keep checking your application every day!

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 2:29 pm 
Settler

Sorry for the slow reply, I went to bed shortly after I made the post. Thanks for all of the input, I'll try to answer the questions now.

Cerydon wrote:
1. What is your favorite type of thing to build (temple, castle, etc.)?

I like to build temples and altars for small builds that don't take much time to construct, but most of my larger builds tend to be castles. I also enjoy building wizard towers .
Cerydon wrote:
2. What kind of music do you like?

I'm not really huge on music, but orchestral and piano music are among my favorites, followed by alternative rock and some pop music.
Cerydon wrote:
3. Any questions for the community (feel free to ask)?

Here's a few questions:
-What is the primary source of community activity(Discord, forms, etc.)?
-How populated is the server, and how many active vassals are there?
-What are the defining traits of some of the kingdoms?

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 3:21 pm 
Duke

I think you are off to a fantastic start on your application. You say your building skills are mediocre, but I think your example builds show promise.

I enjoyed your lore writing and would love to see more.
I'm sorry to say I don't get a vote on your application, but if I did you would have mine.

In answer to your questions:
1) I would say that primarily our community activity is split equally between in game, The forums and Discord. While all players have access to the forum and check regularly (we hope!), A good deal of stuff goes on in game, as you would expect, with the majority of active players using discord as a compliment to what goes on here and on the server. Discord chat is generally not done in character, unless we are participating in a lore event (ie. Imperial Games, Judicial proceedings, etc).

2) It will vary depending on day and time. During the more active periods of the day I would expect to see several people online. I believe that last night we had 12/13 people on at one point.

3) I could give you a summary, but I think this question is best answered by the main liege from each kingdom individually

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 4:44 pm 
King

Good Day,

I really like this application and for the most part you have answered all of the typical questions that we may have! I hope your application goes smoothly and will do my best to get the other Kings to hop on to review this application as well.

You have my royal vote as well!

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 4:45 pm 
King

In echo fo the good King Scrios, you have my vote as well

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 5:53 pm 
King

Quote:
Here's a few questions:
-What is the primary source of community activity(Discord, forms, etc.)?
-How populated is the server, and how many active vassals are there?
-What are the defining traits of some of the kingdoms?

Online on the server, Discord, even if it's only to listen, and forums. I check all three every day. always something new!

PostPosted: October 26th, 2016, 2:16 am 

You now have three royal votes - you just need one more, or a successfully passed Ducal bill to get in!