All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 5:43 am 
Settler

Hermertia caught my eye by being so specific to detail in its builds and the application process. I haven't played a RP server but it intrigues me greatly. I am really interested in the idea of lore even though I am unfamiliar with writing it. I found you guys on reddit while looking for a new server to play. I would like to set off on my own when I start but I am willing to team up with friendly players. I think it would be interesting to look into work as a trader. I enjoy gathering resources, farming, and exploring. Building is a sore spot for me. Hit or miss when it works, but I have been getting a lot better lately. I will post my most recent cottage build. Of all your biomes I enjoy being by water no matter what. Not huge on desert but I can work with it. I prefer large forestry that I could build tree villages in. I am not sure your map styles, but I am pretty flexible with terrain either way. As for other questions I dug them up through previous applicants.
So my name is Red_Herring3. I am comfortable with the vassal system and think it has its uses. Not really used to running into issues with other players , but if it became an issue I'd try to resolve things peacefully. I have Discord, but I'm really not a huge talker. I can try though!

Alright time for an attempt at lore building!
To start I created a name for myself: Reinhilde Fossegrim
I am from beyond the Hermertian Hills to an small unknown land We call The Grim. It is a dark and dreary place, yet We find our pleasures despite the challenge. We were the Nation of Night Nymphs living contently among the trees; until the Bright Day. It was the brightest day We had ever seen; not even the Nelders could explain it. The Light Bringers brought fire to our dark domain. Fire was an unknown enemy to the Night Nymphs. We felt the heat. The sounds of screaming reached our ears. The smell of burning flesh filled our lungs. Snow white ash stung our eyes as We fled. We all ran, but They found us. Flaming arrows rained from the starry sky as I ran. I couldn't stop running. Fear gripped my heart and I fled until my legs could no longer hold me. Falling to the ground in exhaustion I hadn't noticed my surroundings. I was at the edge of Hermertia. A land of new beginnings. Let me know if I missed something. :)

~cottages~
http://imgur.com/a/LGgfq
http://imgur.com/a/nzrfR

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 9:15 am 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

We always ask a few questions first:

* What time zone are you in, and when would you usually play?

* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses!

Also, for everyone to know, redherring is Ulric aka Glitterdaddy's girlfriend!

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 11:18 am 
King

I would be interested to hear more about the night nymphs and their culture and who they were as a people, that can come after you're voted in and settled. You've given me enough to impress and I shall therefore award you the Royal Vote of Dawnstar.

Looking forward to hearing about you! stay tuned for your votes and to answer further questions, and then liege offers after that !

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 3:40 pm 
Settler

Discord: Yes I'd be willing to use Discord for communication.

Time zone is Mountain Time. Play between 8am and 12m on average. Not straight game time, but if I have time I usually play.

As for lore, I will work on fleshing out the Night Nymphs and the Light Bringers some more. I came up with that on the spot, so I understand the want for more detail.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 3:41 pm 
King

Well with your answers to marks questions and seeing the rest of your application, you have my vote as well

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 3:49 pm 
King

Take your time! I am very interested but lore can take time to get things right, I have expanded my lore and gone in directions I had never even thought of when I applied 3 years ago, now I have a sprawling history and a clear direction for my people, members of the Talvilainen Aethen ( Snow Elves of Dawnstar to the common tongue!). So take your time, things will come to you the more you read and the more you speak to us. That initial hook is the hardest part of deciding upon lore, so think about that as you go :)

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 5:48 pm 
Settler

Wonderful! I am kind of excited to have new material to work on as well. I enjoy writing, but never have anything to write anymore. I look forward more to playing with everyone though. Seems like a great server from what I've seen from GlitterDaddy's playtime.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 7:30 pm 

I've started a Ducal Bill for your application. It needs 5 votes to pass!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1180

In addition to this, you need one more king vote, or two more king votes without the ducal bill.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 7:56 pm 
King

You have my vote!

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 8:54 pm 
King

You have my vote as well!