All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 5:26 pm 
Settler

Greetings and salutations!
I have been playing Minecraft since the pre-wither era of 1.3. I have always enjoyed a heavy focus in exploration and function. I more often than not go function over form, or start with looks and end up with function. Im hoping a server like this can help coerce me to work on my actual aesthetics when it comes to building. I don't want to disappoint. (speaking of, recently new computer, I have zero builds to showcase) I have grown tired of servers that are just a race to have a stockpile of resources and don't care about looks. I love the sense of community that can be rare to find in servers these days. When it comes to Minecraft, I am looking for a home. I am MST and play pretty regularly anytime between 9am to midnight my time depending on classes/work.

I noticed a few questions get asked in every application so I hope it isn't bad to try and get that in here.
-Minecraft Username is GlitterDaddy.
-Above all else my favorite biome to build in is mushroom, though I have built in just about every biome and can adapt.
-I understand the liege vassal system and honestly think its a good way to force me to immerse into your lore and understand the flow of how your server works. There is a lot to take in.
-I can happily join discord and think thats a great way for communication.
-While I am willing to work under a leige, I would hope to one day found Limnadia again as a commerce city. If staying with my liege after learning about the server seems the best fit, I would be ok with that as well.
-For disputes, I would discuss with the person upright if they were of my standing. If they were above me, I would understandably need to rely on my nobility to protect me and their lands as is their duty (assuming I was not in the wrong).

Lore: Limnadia was once a flourishing trade hub that commanded respect, or at least that was what I grew up being told. Flourishing was the last thought a visitor would have of the derelict village though, the sinkhole in the middle of our lake had seen to that. Some claim it was the gods smiting us for our arrogance, others suggest that nefarious arcane forces were at work. It mattered not though, most did not have time to ruminate on their history, survival was always our most pressing thought. Food was scarce as the fishing waters were absent and consequently driven most game away. Trade routes shifted away, and supplies became scarce.

I have grown tired of living in these conditions. With the recent death of my uncle, and no other family to speak of, I have decided it is time to leave. My life has not been an easy, or pampered on; I am no stranger to hard work. Nearing thirty years of age, it would be nice if one day the fruits of said labor were given soil in which they could grow. I look for lands in which I may have the chance to carve out a name worthy of being called Limnadian. A land that respects merit. I, GlitterDaddy understand I would need to submit to a liege and humbly accept this as long as my life is still mine.

Edit: By popular demand, now with pictures!
http://imgur.com/a/3hpMO

Last edited by Ulrik Skovgaard on October 23rd, 2016, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 6:30 pm 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

We always ask a few questions first:

* Would you mind posting some build pictures you do even in creative? Build pictures go a long way to helping you get in quickly!

* What other biomes do you like the most, besides mushroom? Our mushroom biomes are protected as imperial holdings, so those are a bit off limits.

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 7:27 pm 
Duke

He did state he has a new computer so no recent builds, but it would definitely help your app if you hopped on a creative world and built some practise stuff!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 9:46 pm 
Settler

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

* Would you mind posting some build pictures you do even in creative? Build pictures go a long way to helping you get in quickly!

* What other biomes do you like the most, besides mushroom? Our mushroom biomes are protected as imperial holdings, so those are a bit off limits.

Makes sense about the mushroom biomes. Honestly one of my biggest appeals to that biome (outside of how different it is) is just how vibrant that green grass is. I suppose one of my second biomes is a forest, near either a river or mountain.

As for the build, I tried to make something for you guys to see. My top post has an imgur link but I will add the pictures here too.

I hope this is along the lines of what yall are hoping for. I gotta say I am generally awed by some of the builds that I see on your server.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 9:58 pm 

Thanks for the pics!

At this point, you need either 4 votes from Kings, or 3 votes from Kings and a successfully passed Ducal bill from the house of Dukes to get in. I'll get one of those started right now!

You can follow that Ducal Bill here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1174

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:02 pm 
King

Thanks for your initiative in answering the common questions ahead of time, I am more than pleased to grant you my ROYAL VOTE to help get the ball rolling for you

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:03 pm 

BTW, most everyone - well, everyone - has a lore name that fits our lore. What would your character's name be?

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:26 pm 
Settler

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
BTW, most everyone - well, everyone - has a lore name that fits our lore. What would your character's name be?

Fair enough, apologies for the oversight. Let's go with 'Ulric Skovgaard'

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:26 pm 

Great name! I love it!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:51 pm 
King

You've got my vote too. I like being impressed off the bat!