All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 9:36 pm 

Do you have any questions that we could answer to help you decide?

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:30 pm 
Settler

For questions to help me... hm...
I'm curious as to what the leaders think of their lands. I don't want to pester anyone so maybe a few words like, is your domain laid back in nature, or energetic? What's valued more there; agriculture, knowledge, expansion, might, etc?

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:34 pm 
King

Pyrencia is fairly energetic by nature, what's valued most is progress. My society believes that anyone can contribute to the advancement of the nation, they just have to find where they belong

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:39 pm 

I guess it's a bit hard to really give you a comparison. What is one person's laid back compared to another, right?

I think I can give you a good summary however of my realm, in terms of my goals:

Ostlaed is a realm of iron workers, ale brewers, sailors, fishermen, miners, and farmers. All kinds of settlements are needed. Lots of farming happens in Acholm and Gourdham. The people of Merscafen fish and have simple homes in a swamp. Beorcfeld (Isla's town) is a small cozy town with cozy small homes, but lots of foliage and lots of detail. Frithengest is a wealthier town with many horse lords and a great mead hall. The dwarves of Valador (Swigly's town) are industrious but enjoy the air above as well as the stone dwellings below.

Expansion is certainly keen here in Ostlaed, but never ever at the expense of detail. As a liege, I'd rather someone build a small town that's detailed than a settlement of 40 buildings that are all the same and don't have any detail. I'd rather people have fun building their settlements, or doing whatever they want. Long term friendship and having fun is almost paramount, but the standards here are quite high. It is our believe in Ostlaed that you can be laid back, but through consistent building and having fun, build something truly great!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 10:55 pm 
Duke

For Kaine I would say the people there are fairly straightforward. I myself am a very laidback kinda guy, wherein I pretty much give my vassals the freedom to build in any way and almost any location within my lands. It really depends what you want, if you'd rather work on your own stuff by yourself or have me help out I've done a bit of both with my vassals before. I guess Kaine is fairly simple.

Our core values revolve around strength I guess, we are always looking for more respect from the community and are continually trying to grow.

That's all I've got, any other questions I will gladly answer!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 11:00 pm 
Count

Hey! I'm Mark's wife, welcome to the server! You should definitely join us in Ostlaed! I love building little cute hamlets and my town is an NPC town I've fixed up. We'd make an awesome team!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 11:23 pm 
Settler

I know I should probably wait a little longer, but I think Östlaed might be for me. I'll hold back a while longer to say for sure for sure. I'm really eager to get started!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 11:43 pm 

Well I'll go ahead and get in a whitelist request for you, and once you've chosen a liege they'll PM you the server IP!

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 12:40 am 
Duke

Aw, work kept me from making an offer. Either way glad to see you got your votes! Hope to see you in game soon.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 1:01 am 
Settler

You can still make an offer if you want :D I don't want to make anyone feel left out because of me being impatient lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next