All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 5:59 am 
Settler

Hello and welcome to my application!

A bit about myself first: I have a lot of interests, but some of the highest among them are video games, world building, and fantasy so I was intrigued by this server right away. I'm 24 and I live in Canada.

I found Hermertia while looking for a server that had a focus on building and creating, but also was all connected and cohesive. I've mostly found servers that have really impressive builds but they're all scattered and totally unrelated. Seeing this was exactly what I wanted with the added bonus of RP!

I think I'd be cool working under a liege, hopefully be able to found and build a small village or settlement in their domain. I'm not very good with grand builds, but I love making cozy little homes and simple houses and farms. I also feel I build best when I work with a landscape, such as building into a hill or on a mountain. I also like making railways and tunnels. I think I could add nicely to anyone's territory. I have a few pictures of two builds I've worked on for examples:

I loaded a world where an NPC village had spawned in a really weird way, so I was trying to make it livable

And a desert/dock village I started. I think I do desert aesthetics best actually.

As for my character's lore, I was thinking of -
A lonely wanderer, looking for a place to call home, driven from her homeland due to drought and food shortage. Nearing 30 years old, unsure of what gods, if any, to believe in. Her parents are long gone, and her younger brothers went their own ways. Her people were simple farming folk fending for themselves against ruffians, beasts, and the elements. She knows how to tend to a farm, care for livestock, build shelter. She knows how to live off the land and gather resources. She doesn't know very much about living in big cities, politics, or empires… but she's smart enough to know how to play along.

I know, it's pretty vague. But I have to say the amount of lore to take in is very intimidating, and I can't absorb all of it so quickly. I hope that as I play I'd be able to polish it more and keep it in line with the rest of the lore. I also of course want a character who will fit my play style. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 6:08 am 

Excellent application! I love that you seem to know how to make stuff look great, look alive a relatively simple build style. It's the details and the interplay of different sized buildings that make towns really come to life!

We always ask a few questions first:

* What is your minecraft user name?

* If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?

* What time zone are you in,and when would you usually play?

* Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?

* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your responses!

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 6:17 am 
Duke

Awesome start to your application! I look forward to following your progress

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 6:35 am 
Settler

* What is your minecraft user name?
Kiki_yuyu

* If you had to pick a few biomes to build in, which would you choose?
Deserts, extreme hills, swamps, riversides and beaches

* What time zone are you in, and when would you usually play?
I'm in EST time, and I tend to play in the afternoon, and I sometimes play when I can't sleep at night and I'm on up into the wee hours. I don't really have much of a schedule at the moment but afternoon and evening is the best bet.

* Our system relies on a liege-vassal system. Have you read our FAQ to understand how this system works?
I did, and I think I understand. I think I'd be fine working as a vassal to someone.

* We use Discord, a voice program to talk while we are playing. Would you be open to joining our voice program?
Open to it, yes. But I'm a little shy, so I'll probably stay off at first, and after playing a bit I'll poke my head in. Hope that's cool.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 6:41 am 

Great responses!

At this point, you need either 4 votes from Kings, or 3 votes from Kings and a successfully passed Ducal bill from the house of Dukes to get in. I'll get one of those started right now!

It itself requires the vote of 5 dukes, a lot easier to get sometimes than even one more king vote (mostly cause some kings are lazy!):
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1166

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 7:05 am 
Duke

If you have any questions feel free to ask them. Don't forget to check back tomorrow since mostly everyone went to bed already. I'm sure you'll likely get more questions then :)

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 7:17 am 
Duke

Glad you've applied, I'm excited to meet you man! You definitely have my vote with your responses to the esteemed mark!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 11:18 am 
King

Your application looks pretty solid to me, so it is with great honor that I grant you your first ROYAL VOTE

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 3:42 pm 
King

Hello! I also would liek to grant you my Royal Vote, promising application!

There's no rush for lore building either, so much to take in but we can and will be delighted to help when you get into voice chat and discuss some ideas with that! :)

I will message the other Kings for you and get them to vote for you so you're not waiting too long! Keep checking this every day, and it is so, so worth it being on this server!

- Sam

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 3:56 pm 
King

After a review of your application I grant you my royal vote as well!