All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Knaris' application form
PostPosted: October 18th, 2016, 8:09 pm 
Settler

Greetings!

I, Knaris, am a veteran Minecrafter, from the days of 1.7.2 beta. I started playing after the Yogscast made their first survival video. Since the early days of my Minecraft adventure, where I remember I was building a small hut made of dirt, sand and gravel, I have come far. Recently embarking on a project where I built an entire town with surrounding villages based on the city of Stockholm. I was recommended to this server by Jyn, who is a friend of mine. If possible, I would like to join Septimus and Jyn in Wychwood.

Now my RP character:

From a young age Knaris wanted to master the art of magic. The young boy would practice every night, shouting words from his fathers old spell book at inanimate objects, only for them to remain that way. He would practice elemental magic, transmutational alchemy, conjuration and when he was most bored; holy. However, he was not successful with any of them.

Every night he would try and every night he would fail. However, one night his father came into his room and said: “Son, I am leaving. I do not know when I shall be back. The Order need all of the spell casters in the land, when I return I promise that I will teach you everything I know about magic. Who knows, you could be an even greater sorcerer than I ever was!” With that his father left.

Months went by and alas, young Knaris was getting nowhere with his magic and there was no sign of his father. Getting annoyed, Knaris started to toy with the idea of leaving home. His frustration with his fathers absence soon turned to anger and before he knew it he was packing his bags, ready to leave this accursed land that he was raised in. He scavenged the house and found enough money to hitch a ride on a cargo boat that had set course for the mainland.

On arrival, Knaris was scared. He wished he had not come and that he had just stayed put and waited for his father to return. Without a coin for a boat home, he must make his way here, in a strange new land…
Below are some screenshots from the Stockholm build I mentioned above – unfortunately, the server changed purpose and was vandalised. I've tried to pick the best shots, but please ignore out of place pixel art.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2016, 10:32 pm 
King

Welcome! We have heard that you were going to apply, great to see your application finally!

Great builds so far, I'd be very happy to give you your first King Vote after seeing a few questions answered:

- What would you do if you had the unlikely event of a land claim dispute between someone else and yourself?

- Have you read a little of what our server is about?

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 10:11 am 
Duke

Ah Knaris! I'm pleased to see your application. I have heard a good deal about you from my trusty vassal Jyn.

I like your lore quite a bit. There are many in our empire who seek to master the arcane arts, but not all are disciplined enough. I would be interested to hear more about your fathers practises.
I also dig your builds. They show a coherency which we value in Hermertia.

Providing you gain the necessary votes and I continue to see and hear good things I would be delighted to extend to you an offer to join me in Wychwood. Until then I have a few questions:

- What is your Minecraft username?
- What biome or area or type do you prefer to work in?
- What is your favourite colour?

Good Luck !

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 4:41 pm 
Settler

For Samyrrah-
In the of case a land dispute I would contact my lord and ask for assistance and guidance. in the case of his absence I would call upon the court or other people of higher power and attempt to solve this matter under diplomatic terms.

As I understand it the server is all about role playing and keeping lore. Players start as a vassal and players can to work there way up in there lords land. I understand that the server has a strong sense of community, as shown by the number of projects people are working on, and of which I am eager to become a part of.

For Septimus- My username is Knaris_
I don't really have a favourite. I like to think I can adapt my building to fit any environment. However I have really wanted to do a snowy build recently.
I don't really have a favourite colour, but the top three are white, black and green (although some may say black and white are not colours).

And recently I have been attempting to learn alchemy, as it requires little actual magic. My father was an arcane wizard. He worked for 'The Order', a group of people tasked with taking out corruption at the roots, however only operated in my homeland.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 5:55 pm 
Count

Greetings to you, Knaris of the distant lands.

The arcane has a long history with this Empire, longer than most care or can remember. Its mysteries and secrets preserved beyond mortal sight. Yet, there are those who would seek to answer the most basic questions of our universe and it is these remarkable few which my order, the Disciples, watch with great interest.

You may refer to me as the Hierophant and on behalf of the Disciples I wish you the best of luck in your bid for accession. There is, however, a single detail that stands out and has been the subject of much discussion within the Dakdakrok or Disciples for the past few days. In your most recent message to the Imperial royalty you describe an organization referred to as "The Order" and their mission to root out supposed "corruption". It is a description that resonates strongly with our own order.

You see, the tenet upon which the Disciples revolve around is not the preservation of knowledge, nor the advancement of the sciences. There is no doubt that these activities are important, yet they are simply the byproduct of our drive to eradicate the Great Error. Thus my question for you is this:

If possible, would you provide us with further information concerning "The Order" as well as knowledge regarding the "corruption" it fights. Is it simple political or societal corruption or is it something more sinister, more basic?

Once more, the Disciples wish you the best of luck.

-The Hierophant

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 6:01 pm 
King

good answers. I would like to see your life expanded upon at some point but there is no rush.You've got the opportunity to make some joint lore with players now or in the future if you've got some cool idea and want to collaborate with our good friend Heirophant.

You have my King Vote !

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 6:13 pm 
Settler

My father rarely spoke to me of his work. In constant disappointment over my arcane failures he rarely felt the need to talk to me. However, i know this much, in my homeland there ware a group of people that referred to themselves as 'The Unarmed'. They intended to take down government and assume control. Their preferred method of takeover was attempting to bribe high members of the government with coin. Although many resisted, many in the government fell for their bribes. It was my fathers job to hunt down the members of the government whom accepted the bribes. Before he left I was looking at his documents and discovered that he was working on a way to reveal the true extent of the corruption. One night a messenger from The Order had come and delivered a message. My father was out and I decided to read it. It was from an old friend of my father, named 'Glav'. He had said that he had just uncovered that the leader of The Order was in fact affiliated with The Unarmed and that they would need every member of The Order to arrest him, as he was the most powerful wizard on the continent.

I never saw him again and it is very likely I never will.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 6:34 pm 
Count

It seems that perhaps elements within the Disciples were too hasty in their judgement of a matter they knew nothing of. Nevertheless, we are certain that a new future free of shackles of the past awaits you in the Mercurian Empire.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 6:42 pm 

I have started a Ducal Bill to get this application going! You need 4 votes for the Ducal Bill to pass.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1146

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 2:43 pm 
King

You have my vote as well!

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.