All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Amadeus Alyaathir's Plea
PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 1:56 am 
Settler

My name *sigh* my name is Amadeus Alyaathir, son of Blandor Alyaathir, King of Alyaathir. I am the last of my house. My family ruled the Land of Geome for 216 years (three years on the Geome Server until it was decommissioned), but our time came to an end as the armies of Ender finally over took our vast obsidian fortresses. My people are some of the last Elfs remaining, well, what is left of them. My mother and sister where torn apart in front of my eyes by ender men as I watched helplessly. My father; Ender made an example of him. Preserved in obsidian, my father was put in Ender’s throne room as a warning to the rest of Alyaathir. I come to you desparate, with nowhere else to turn. Alyaathir though once thought nigh impregnable had its enemies.

I am a warrior, a natural leader by nature. I have, by my father’s side, commanded legions of Horadurim into battle against the endermen. I am a master strategist and a skilled defense architect. The obsidian fortresses of Alyaathir held back the brunt of the ender assault from the rest of the worlds.

In my studies when I was a youth I studied the art of building and farming, I learned how to secure a fortress not only from enemies but also from hunger and famine. I bring with me the Elven way of building.

Make no mistake, I seek to rebuild the glory that once was Alyaathir. There are many things out there in the night that Hermertia need to be protected from. However as I come to you in my time of need I will repay that debt. I will stand by the commoner and sling mortar and stone. I will respect the laws and ways of Hermertia. I will rise to avenge my Family. Ten' Alyaathir, ten’ Hermertia!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 2:46 am 
King

Ave, fellow elven-kind.

Your plight brings me great sorrow to hear. Our own empire's history is rife with warfare and uprisings against tyranny, although it was the Elves of the Ibarhian Empire that were rebelled against by the humans they had enslaved. Our kind is now persecuted and much less populous than it was.

Despite this you are not alone as an elf, there are pockets of us left, having risen to prominence as the Queen of the Aethen (Snow Elves in Mercurian tongue) of the Realm of Dawnstar, with a seat on the Council of the Crowned. We take the lives and rights of our people and those of fellow elven kind very seriously since our ascendancy to the rank of Council Member.

We have in our recent history suffered from a prolonged and extensive Enderman threat, their attacks lasted for years with increasing aggression and frequency. Our lands were not blessed with the obsidian fortresses your people possessed, and so our darkest hour approached, the fate of the the lives of all the denizens of the Empire hung in the balance, and while at a huge cost to every Realm capable of fighting, we managed to destroy the Dragon and halted the Enderman attacks.... For now at least.

We empathise with your plight, you are most welcome to rebuild here son of Alyaathir.

(lore off, great start, cant wait to see what you can bring with you to the table, great to have another elven character! You've got a lot of potential here!)

I'll let my colleagues ask some more questions as Im going to bed just now but youll most likely get my vote after I've seen a few more responses!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 2:57 am 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire! I can see so far that you really do care about the lore/rpg aspect, and that's great!

We always ask a few questions first:

* What is your MC Username?

* Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative?

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

* What are your favorite biomes to build in?

* What time zone are you in?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your response!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 3:18 am 
Settler

What is your MC Username: DeathAddor, but soon changing to my profile.

* Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative: I can try to find some on my harddrive, stay tuned for this.

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested: We actually had one which resulted in an all out war on the Geome server with over 300 active people in the war. Needless to say there wasn't much left of the world after the week-long fight. I would do as I have done before, attend a council of grievances while my armies prepared for the worst. Diplomacy would be the upmost goal as there are more deadlier things out there than who gets to own a gold mine. If I was a by-stander in the dispute that question has a much more complex answer :)

* What are your favorite biomes to build in: Mountain and Forest, naturally

* What time zone are you in: Central standard Time

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 3:47 am 

Thanks for the responses! How open are you to using a voice chat system, like Discord?

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 3:55 am 
King

What kind of Liege would you be looking for? Someone your lore meshes with? Good responses so far, hope you've got some builds to show us from creative soon!

What happened to the Server you were previously on? Sounds like a hell of a game for 300 people!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 5:00 am 
Settler

@MarkAccynnafon - I haven\t used discord specifically but not opposed. I've used TS and mumble a ton.
@Samyrrah Almandine - Would prefer to work with my own as there are so few of us left. However I will consider all offers.

(offlore) As far as the Geome server, the owners had a falling out and as one was the leader of Ender's army and the other was the King of Alyaathir their dispute erupted when they enabled .tnt. I think the total kill count was over 4200 deaths in a week with 560+ unique players involved and 300 were in the final battle. The server was shut down soon after and no one could save or export their files to recreate the server elsewhere. A.k.a. Ender's army over through our fortresses.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 5:03 am 

Good responses, I look forward to some build pics!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 5:21 am 
Settler

Tov'lo Du'ran one of our most Northern Fortresses:
http://imgur.com/3NuQt0l

Lathran E'lov, another Fortress over looks our wheat fields.. or at least the West gate of it I believe.
http://imgur.com/qa0gf3y

I do not appear to have anything with the more recent eleven architecture we used. They must have been burnt when the ender men sacked the capital.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 6:34 am 
Duke

Fantastic job so far, great to see more elves looking to join the ranks of our world! I myself am of the belief that all are equal and should be treated that way. I am going to start a Ducal bill for you and give you your first vote you can follow the bill here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1137

I look forward to hearing more from you!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine