All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 15th, 2016, 11:47 pm 
Applicant

Hello! I'm vernalsole1355, & this is my application for Hermentia.

About Myself
I am 13 years of age (IRL). I love Minecraft, & many other MMOs, such as World of Warcraft (WoW), & Diablo 3. I also love writing Lore for video games. I enjoy leading strong communities through the different gaming worlds & making new friends (and enemies...) along the way. I seek to help build a world of Peace, Honor, & Virtue within ALL the worlds I "reside" in.

Goals
My Ultimate goal is NOT to become rich & powerful, & NOT to conquer the world. My ultimate goal is to establish a world of eternal peace, may that be through being just a simple farmer, or the Emperor of Hermentia, I will accept those roles should it lead us to a bright, & hopeful future.
I also have another goal. To find my other half, that special someone who will even the playing field, should I be drawn afar from the way of peace, she will pull me back into the land's caring arms.

Areas of Expertise
I am a Builder, Lore-writer, Adventurer & a... Tactician? Did I hear that right, a TACTICIAN? Yes, you did. I study battle tactics, economy tactics, heck, ANY type of tactics you can come up with! That also plays along with my Lore-writing & Building skills as I can plan strategic locations for castles, battles, etc.
It is also worth noting that in my spare time I am working on a game using the engine: "RPG Maker VX Ace". I also play turn-based strategy games such as: "Fire Emblem: Fates".

Lore
My RP character is named: "Vernal". He is a Human from a lost kingdom called: "Dremoria", a land that was once filled with eternal peace. However, that peace, would not last. My father, the king of Dremoria at the time, grew corrupt, seeking to conquer the world in his name. Even though he was my father, I would not allow him to destroy everything & everyone just for the sake of bloodshed. Thus, I led a rebellion against him. Just when we had him in death's grip, he drew all his remaining energy. He drew in so much, his body couldn't hold on. He blew, sending me & my men into the air, & the surrounding castle & town into the air. I was knocked unconscious during the course of the blast. Meanwhile, the magical energy which erupted from my father's corspe opened numerous portals to different realms. I was blasted into one of them

...and now, here I am. I lay, unconsciously, awaiting to see where I landed. Did I land in my world, or another? We won't know, until I awaken from my sleep. (Of course, it will be Hermentia).

Vassals, Counts, Dukes, Kings, & Emperor Myron, I hope you enjoyed this brief explanation of my goals for Hermentia. May the Empire live forever!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 3:00 am 
King

Hello!

Welcome to our forums. We've got a lot to read through here, and plenty more to be added in the future.

Your application seems genuine and is full of creativeness. We've got a number of points that might allow you to have a more suitably fitting lore that meshes with what our lore.
Your use of portals and magical energy is more than we've typically had, only in ancient times were such magical abilities even heard of. We try to keep things more grounded in the mundane, which is not to say magic doesnt exist, just not on that scale! Would you be willing to work together to accommodate some more realistic and in keeping with our world for lore?

You've made a post in the Imperial Court which we've removed, we'll get the lore and the context and the ideas as to what makes a lore event and what kind of things we can do for one before you post any more of that. Thanks for your interest!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 3:06 am 
Applicant

Oh, yeah. We can downgrade it. I'm willing too.

Here is the new lore: ..."thus, I led a rebellion against him. When we almost had him in death's grip, we were betrayed by the Archbishop Magnus. After the betrayel, we were exiled from Dremoria, never to return.
...and so I wander, looking for a place to call "home".

How does that sound?

PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 3:25 am 
Applicant

Sorry about that... I'm just SOOOOO Excited! :D :D :D

PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 9:35 pm 
King

Dont worry about it.

- Are your people Humans?
- What is their culture like? What is your character's outlook on certain key points like war, neighbours, and working together?
- What do you know of the Mercurian Empire? Have you read our lore and posts on the forums?
- What makes you think you're a good fit?
- Have you played in communities before?

PostPosted: October 16th, 2016, 10:11 pm 
Applicant

- Yes, we are Human.

- Our Culture is very humble, we don't want to have the best of everything. We only want something that get's the job done. However, if we have the resources to do something grand, only then would we do it.

- Yes, I've read the Indoles Carta, Lore, all of that. I've even been reading the recent trials to get a feel of your court system.

- My character wants nothing more than eternal peace. I do not agree with aggressive wars, however, if another contry were to declare war, we would defend the people of Dremoria with all of our might.

- I've been in a community before, specificlly one called "Autcraft", a server for kids & adults with Autism. (Incase I haven't said already, I have high-functioning Autism)

- I believe I would be a good fit for Hermertia because of my devotion to studying RPGs & thier lore. I also would like to prove to others with Autism that you CAN interact with a large community of NTs (Neuro-Typicals. long story short: People who don't have Autism.)!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 12:39 am 
King

Thank you for your answers, i'll leave the floor open for further questions of if you have any more of your own.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2016, 3:37 am 
Applicant

I don't mean to be a pain in the rear, but I feel like I'm being ignored. Everyone else's applications are being reviewed, and mine isn't even getting commented on with feedback. Please don't ignore me, I REALLY want to join Hermertia! :|

PostPosted: October 18th, 2016, 3:43 am 

We always ask a few questions first:

* What is your MC Username?

* Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative?

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

* What are your favorite biomes to build in?

* What time zone are you in?

PostPosted: October 18th, 2016, 4:01 am 
Applicant

*vernalsole1355

*Sadly, no. However, building isn't my main priority, Tactics are. However, if needed, I can build something for you immediately upon joining the server.

*First, (if we attacked first), I would apologize for the actions of my area of power's actions. If they accepted our apology, war would be averted. However, if they didn't accept it & launched a counter attack against us, we would defend our territory with our full might.

*I can adapt to any biome, preferably Mountian or Forest Biomes.

*Central Standard Time