All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Escilnavia's application
PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 3:24 am 
Settler

Hey everyone, my name's Escilnavia, and I found out about your server through reddit. I've been playing for a while, but I've been taking a break for a while. I'm interested in your server, because I like the role play aspect, this seems like a mature playerbase, and really, I like the consistency in good building this server seems to have. I've been on other RP server's before, but I never really liked them because they were either really too big in scale, and as I've heard, you get about 10-20 players on at any time. That really seems nice, in that, you get to know people better. The goals I have for this server is to try to set out on my own and create a fairly nice town. I really love building. Depending on the course of the server, I plan to join a nation as a vassal, or perhaps gain independence as a city state depending on how it plays out. I plan to have a primarily economic based goal in trading. Hopefully, my city becomes a center of commerce. I really like farming and building, and hopefully, using those skills, I can build or perhaps sell agricultural goods. I build in a sort of Mediterranean style, I don't have any pictures on me, but I assure you, modestly, that my building is not of poor quality.

My lore: I am from a faraway land. I was an explorer from a far away nation, riding vast plains on a horse. I fell off my horse, experienced a slight form of brain trauma only remembering my past occupation, and my name. Deciding that I was far from a home I didn't remember, I decided to settle in the Mercurian Empire to make something of my lost self. I am human and am from an unknown and undiscovered (at least by the Mercurian Empire) nation. Forgetting my age, I am in my 30s to 40s. My profession was exploring, but now I have ambitions to become a settler in the new lands (utilizing my skills as an explorer). I remember some elements of my culture, but not many, and plan to implement it into my own city. My religion is that of a holy book from the nation I came from. It tells of a goddess that is the manifestation of liberty. But because of my trauma, I am not sure how much of it I believe or if I believe it at all. I am prepared to make something of myself in the new land, and to leave my past behind.

Thank you so much for considering me.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 3:28 am 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire! I can see so far that you really do care about the lore/rpg aspect, and that's great!

We always ask a few questions first:

* What is your MC Username?

* Would you mind posting some build pictures, even if they are new builds/done in creative?

* What would you do if you had a territory dispute where it was contested?

* What are your favorite biomes to build in?

Thanks for posting, and I look forward to your response!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 3:35 am 
Duke

Hey!

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire! Your lore is off to a good start and I eagerly anticipate your response to the above questions. Best of luck!

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 3:55 am 
Settler

Thank you so much. I'll see what I can do in terms of pictures, but to respond to your questions:

*The same as my username.

*(stand by)

*If there was a territorial dispute, I would utilize any diplomatic means to resolve it. If the dispute continued and the contesting party refused any sort of compromise or negotiation, I would call on any resources I had to prepare for a conflict. I would attempt to secure the conflicting territory using available military forces before the contesting party would be able to, and if the contesting party engaged, I would do all in my power to attempt to secure a victory. It should be noted, that I do not intend to make any offensive or unreasonably expansive moves.

*Personally, I like to build in deserts, near the coast with a few islands off the coast for governmental or defensive buildings. It would also be ideal if the coast were somewhat shallow. As in, a depth of three to four blocks.

Once again, thank you for the warm welcome.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 4:06 am 
Settler

Again, sorry for lack of material, but this is from a really old server I was on. This is a house I built on an island. It's not my usual style, but it's essentially the same structure, just using different materials.
http://imgur.com/ZerViHU
Another house I built: Also built the surrounding area, so the market stalls and house behind it as well. The town was still under construction though.
http://imgur.com/5eEMxdV

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 4:09 am 

Excellent stuff! Great responses. Hopefully you get the requisite votes over the next day or so.

What time zone are you in btw?

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 4:21 am 
Settler

Eastern Standard Time. Please take your time in considering the application.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 4:24 am 

To be accepted, it currently takes 3 kings votes PLUS a bill passed by the House of Dukes, or 4 king votes.

As a Duke, I'll post a ducal bill to gather some votes for you!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 4:27 am 

You can keep up with that ducal bill here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1122

PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 4:48 am 
Settler

Thank you.