All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Swigly's Application!
PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 7:41 am 
Settler

Greetings!

My ingame name is Swigly, pleasure to meet you all. I'm 26 and have been playing minecraft for longer than I thought (I guess since release). Love many aspects of it, its been the only game thats captivated me for this long. Always up for some redstone computing, but my expertise is in architecture and design. I've joined and hosted many small servers before, mostly amongst my friends. (Don't know if related) I've also played many a DnD. Found you guys on reddit, and became absolutely intrigued with the lore and history. From the evolution of religions to the founding of the modern governing society, or organic law. Love how the conflict shifted from more barbaric wars, to chivalry. Would like to start out under a duke / duchess and help with local city or county expanding (preferably with a more water-based place). And eventually work my way to starting work on the next homeland for my people.

Here's some of my previous builds http://imgur.com/a/W5b5M
One more side note, I'm a huge fan of Dwarf Fortress, this may become obvious over time...

I come from a proud line of Dwarven masons and carpenters. The Greater Swale was our home for many generations. Unlike the Dwarves of the mountains and hills, we found sanctuary in deep forests, swamps, rivers and marshes. Water is to us as stone is to the other Dwarves. Our unique lifestyle and boating expertise helped us elude the other Dwarven and Undeard armies. Usually in an alliance with the other kingdoms of Duthar, the change in weather has left the land barren. Rainfall decreased, creeks and rivers dried up. The demand for our food and supplies grew until we were forced to leave or be ravaged. Luckily most other Dwarves fear the angry seas, and we were able to flee these rotting lands for better fortune. I, Swigly Craw of the Greater Swale, lead my family across the uncharted seas to find a new home. May our family's river flow strong once again.

Edits with answers:
-Swigly is my minecraft username
-Favorite biomes are dark forrests, swamps, ocean and jungles.
-Favorite color is purple
-I love co-building with other players, and can easily adapt the architecture or style of the build.
-If there's a land dispute, and we can't work it out between us, I'd go to my local government and file a dispute in court (still learning the systems of government, basically I'll ask a higher rank how to proceed)

Östlaed sounds like a perfect fit for me. And thanks for submitting the Ducal Bill!

(I'll check back for updates, lemme know if you need any more details!)

Last edited by Swigly Craw on October 12th, 2016, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 8:22 am 
Duke

Hello and welcome! I'm pleased to hear that you have found us, yet saddened to hear of your people's recent challenges. Many a member past has come to us seeking refuge from lands unknown due to unfortunate circumstances. My only hope is that your people will find the fortune they seek

Lore off: an excellent start to your application. I dig your people's story and feel it would mesh with our collective lore. I also like the look of your builds. There's some stuff in there that would really fit with out main aesthetic.

A few questions if you will while we await comments from other members:
Is Swigly your Minecraft username?
Do you have a preferred biome or area to build in?
What is your favourite colour?

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 2:08 pm 
King

As my good friend Septimus has mentioned, your lore is off to a great start! It very much is compatible with our current universe so feel free to expand upon it when you get the chance, no rush of course. Already impressive!

I am in awe of your builds, Something along those lines hasnt' been seen on the server, to my knowledge, if you were to build something that fantastic it would be the envy of many.

You have almost guaranteed your first Royal Vote from me, you need 4/6 King's votes, or 3/6 Kings votes in conjunction with a Duke Bill passing (60% of Dukes in favour).

What kind of Biome is your favourite? Do you like Co-building with players?

What would you do if there were a land dispute between yourself and one or more other parties?

Answer me these and I shall check back and harass the other Kings to get on and vote for you as soon as can be!

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 2:14 pm 
Count

Welcome! Being half-dwarf myself, I'm glad to see more of dwarven-kind within the Empire. I hope your people find better circumstances in this new land. Being only a sheep-farming vassal of Duke Nicholas II, titles titles, I have no say in whether you will be admitted. Good luck!

Cedrek Axefall
-Mayor of Graycott
-Earl of Graycott
-Corpse
-Traitor?

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 4:32 pm 
Duke

Greetings,

Your application is off to a good start, and your lore is very well. I cannot wait to see what comes out of your application. Good luck!

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 5:14 pm 

Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

I see everyone else has largely covered the questions I'd like to ask. I can't wait to see your response.

I love the lore you've set out. We do indeed need more Dwarves, as our history shows they were very important in our old empire. The realm of Duroth, shown here on the right side:

My people, the Östrons, were a human tribe that interacted closely with the Dwarves. Matter of fact, our language was influenced greatly by the dwarves, as seen on this language tree I created for our empire:

Today, our people live in the realm of Östlaed:

A realm of forests, mountains, swamps, and plains. Our capital, Acholm, is based in a very extensive system of bays, lakes, and streams. We have become a proud nation of traders, miners, tower makers, and horse riders. You can find Östron boats all over the empire, with Östron traders speaking their half-dwarven language.

I can't wait to see what lore you come up with in the future. I'm sure our peoples will be quite close.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 5:16 pm 

I have started a Ducal Bill in your favor - if this bill passes ( and I will make sure it does!) you will only need 2 more king votes.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1102&p=13128#p13128

You can keep track of the Ducal Bill with the above link!

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 6:35 pm 
Settler

Some answers
-Swigly is my minecraft username
-Favorite biomes are dark forrests, swamps, ocean and jungles.
-Favorite color is purple
-I love co-building with other players, and can easily adapt the architecture or style of the build.
-If there's a land dispute, and we can't work it out between us, I'd go to my local government and file a dispute in court (still learning the systems of government, basically I'll ask a higher rank how to proceed)

Östlaed sounds like a perfect fit for me. And thanks for submitting the Ducal Bill!

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 7:28 pm 
King

Dont make your decision yet, there's still plenty of Realms to consider once you've got all your votes, then the actual offers will pour in.

That being said, you've got my vote! The Royal Vote of Dawnstar!

PostPosted: October 12th, 2016, 7:39 pm 
King

Greetings!

I, King Tiber III, would like to extend my vote in favour for your settlement within Hermertia. I am impressed by your application, and would love to see what you could contribute to our world!

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.