All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 5:15 am 
Hi,
I'm a gamer and have been into gaming since my early years of sitting typing code for hours on end. I have been looking for a server to join for a while and noticed a post on Reddit about your server and everything i read sounded great. Naturally i watched the video link and headed over here. I love the idea of combining the minecraft experience with that of a role play concept.

My goals in Hermertia. Once you are accepted into Hermertia, my plan would be to work under a liege learning and developing my character at least until i have a solid grasp of this unique genre.
I would be interested in pursuing work as a trader - perhaps specializing in potions!? But even this i'm very flexible on - having not been immersed in this type of gameplay before i may feel a different path begging my attention - i'd like to let the game and the story guide me.

My skills lay in farming and building - i like to produce builds both pleasing to the eye while being functional and animated as well. My builds on single play usually revolve around using villagers - not just in trading halls but to add points of difference to my builds and make them somewhat interactive.

Master Swirl is a newly trained Master of the Arcane. A relatively young human, his family all killed many years ago in a great fire that gutted his entire village, he was taken in by an old Mage. He began teaching him the arcane. His Master, on his death bed, bequeathed to him his book of potions and set him off on a journey to find a liege to assist in the growth of their empire. Perhaps to one day find who murdered his entire village including his family.

He has by no means any desire to lift a heavy crown upon his head - instead aiding his liege in the background from behind his potion stand and enchanting table.

Master Swirl

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 5:20 am 
Duke

Awesome, welcome to the server glad you saw our post!
I like what you have so far and I am sure others will be along to comment as well but I am curious, do you have any previous builds we can see? Also any favourite biomes to build in?

Can't wait to hear from you!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 6:21 am 

Thanks for posting, Master Swirl! Welcome to the Mercurian Empire!

I have a few questions for you to answer:

* How long have you been playing Minecraft?

* What is your Minecraft username?

* Would you post some screenshots of your builds?

* Where in the world (timezone) are you in?

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 11:25 am 
Sadly I only have a few pics that I've managed to save - I've spent a lot of time on the Dataless822 server (a youtuber) and don't get a saveworld file for it - but can jump on the current Dataless server and show you the bits and pieces i've done so far. I lost all my 'on comp' saves a while back - so other that the world i've 'just' started not long ago for a youtube series....i don't have any local saves. I do enjoy building extreme hills biome i must admit...not sure why, just do. I also do like a bit of underwater building - for the degree of difficulty. lol

I've been playing minecraft for about five or six years.
Master_Swirl is my Minecraft username.
I'm an Aussie so i'm like GMT 10+ i think. Brisbane/Sydney time.
Though i tend to be a bit of a night-owl...so i'm on late into our nights even more so weekends.

As for what pics i can upload...do I use a pic hosting site or is there another way to post pics on here?

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 11:32 am 
King

Greetings Master Swirl! A hearty welcome to our commons. I'm Nicholas II, your Minister for Applications.

So glad that you've reached us through our Reddit efforts! Our advertising and media is the culmination of collaborative efforts from some of the Empire's most talented and hardworking individuals, and have done well to show off the breadth of our world and what is possible when we work together.

With that in mind, you are right in that we are something of a unique construct; as you say, that is why newcomers begin their journey in the lands of an experienced noble. Those interested in learning more of our world through working with others, such as yourself, will always be welcome here.

As for specialization, trading; absolutely! One of a number of things that couldn't be included in our advertisement for sake of space is our Guilds System: Guilds are sprawling international organizations, usually based around a specific theme or interest, that pursue different goals throughout the Empire. Guilds such as the Aedificans promote architecture and asthetic across the Empire, while the Cartographers are embroiled in an eternal quest to chart Hermertia and the members of the Skyfire Guild seek to master the famed Elytra. I myself am Guildmaster of the Merchant's Guild, which from its base in Wysteria seeks to promote international trade and diplomacy through the peaceful exchange of goods. Everything is fully player-driven, and opportunities are ripe for invested newcomers. Let your in-game actions create your story, or base your gameplay around a story you have laid out - our lore is an organic collective mesh of stories, histories, and players, all navigating our world.

I think the good sir Mark has covered most of the questions that we typically ask of new applicants; these are just to get a feel for your application and where you might end up going in Hermertia.

Do let us know of any questions you might have! Moving forwards, others from the community will visit your application in a process that will lead into votes being cast; I'll link you to our Applicant FAQ for the run-down if you haven't seen it yet.

Until then, I'll leave off with an introduction to the Imperial Motto since Time Immemorial:

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 11:35 am 
King

As for pics - while not the exclusive choice, most of us upload any pictures to Imgur and link them in our posts - there is an image linking option in the 'Full Editor' when posting. Or just link to an album - whatever works.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 1:08 pm 
King

Welcome my friend!

We're delighted to see new faces online here!

As for your uncertainty over your character's direction, you are more than welcome to develop it at your own pace, get a footing in the game world and establish yourself and create lore and backstory further once you're there. I have played under the lorifying my own actions for a while before I had enough creativity coalesce into additional writing about my characters, be it some story or some further information about my realm/people/activities!

Ask any question you like! I think you're our first Aussie for a long long time to apply! awesome!

- Sammyboy

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 5:49 pm 

Thanks for your response Master Swirl.

What biomes are your favorite to build in?

EDIT:
Just noticed you said extreme hills biome!

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 8:10 pm 
Duke

Greetings Master Swirl!

Your replies to the questions so far have been great and I can't wait to see what comes out of your application. Best of wishes and good luck!

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: October 6th, 2016, 10:22 pm 
Count

On behalf of the Disciples I, the Hierophant, extend to you our greetings.

Ours is an order with a deep history of preserving the knowledge of men, thus our ranks are composed of those of a scholarly disposition. It is traditional for the Disciples to welcome any who would expand the lore and collective knowledge of the Mercurian Empire. So it is time that we wish you, Master Swirl, the best of luck in your endeavour and know that we will be watching with great interest.

- The Hierophant