All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Darius II
PostPosted: September 8th, 2016, 7:59 pm 
Duke

HERALD FROM LAGHIMA, TO ALL IMPERIAL REALMS:

YoE 515 A.I., Cycle of the Tide

A hideous and dramatic event has unfolded across Laghima, resulting in the coronation of Howard Saf Stark as Darius Stark II Grand Duke of Laghima, successor to Darius Stark I. Below are government approved snippets describing the final days of Darius Stark I and his journey, as well as the aftermath of his death.

(Name change to Darius II)

YoE 513 A.I., Cycle of the Phoenix

To Albus II,

The journey has been successful, Albus. I have located the elusive source of ancestral spirits that my Vulcite servant described. Inside of it, my crew and I experienced flashbacks to lives not of our own, to times long faded but connected to each of us in a way. We experienced selected memories from our ancestors that were allegedly supposed to assist us with the problems most troubling to us. Thankfully, I encountered ancestors who spoke their advice about my grandson, Darius, being held captive:

Thrax Stadir told me that bloodshed was the only answer, claiming it elevated him to noble status: for his contribution to war and justice he was awarded a whole island. Though I have my doubts on this island, he did manage to convince me that he only fought for what he believed was right.

Jeda Stadir, one our most recent ancestors, told me that it was my sole duty to protect our family to the last man. As I recall from Barus Odera, she saved our family after the precursor events to the Dark Age started taking shape and affecting the Karsites. Jeda herself confirmed this, even remarking that she was wise to leave the gathering lands of the Karsites and flee west, for if she had stayed like she was told, she, and the Stadir family, would have gone extinct.

Khor and Phar Stadir told me that it was my duty to honor the Empire's Laws, and to honor my own family as well. A compromise would be needed, they described. The two were legal scholars that were inseparable, but very reasonable and logical in their actions.

Alexander Stark, was the last one of our ancestors to visit. He told me I must protect the state at all costs, for it is his and ultimately my legacy across time and history. Surprisingly, he had the least to say, despite being the progenitor of the modern Stark family.

Throughout all five encounters, I gained more wisdom in some shape or form. Regardless of what my ancestors did to solve their problems, I believe I have found my own solution to this crisis with Lady Theodora's elves. I will be happy to share the information with you and my military staff when I arrive back in Laghima in YoE 514. We are making one final stop on the Island of Nazara to seek medical assistance for Howard's concussion, then we shall set sail for Ivangetop.

From,

Darius Stark

---------------------

YoE 514 A.I., Cycle of the Tide

If the LRV Tarik is encountered on Ivangetop, we urge all civilian vessels to stay away at once: Howard and I have identified some form of raiders tailing our ship. This message will be sent to the Laghiman Guard at once, using the fastest messenger bats available.

From,

Darius Stark

---------------

Dear Beloved Wife, Jeda Neves,

The raiders paraded through Laghima with the limp body of Darius on some sort of oak stretcher. They pillaged the shops, disrespected the women, and held our leader hostage, all in front of our eyes. I watched when they did it, though. I can never forget that: They dragged Darius unto the roof of the Royal Quarters, proclaimed that the "Order of Nero" has claimed yet another Stark under their blade, and executed him then and there. His blood painted the streets red and the air was filled with the cries of the Laghiman people. Though with Darius dead, the Laghiman Guard showered the marauders with arrows until they were dead. Later that day, Doctor Galba was discovered dead on the LRV Tarik, First Mate William Cyrus was found with no hands, and Second Mate Finnegan Kalmri (a Vulcite fellow) was found dead with his ears shaved off. The other crew were alive, but barely. Howard survived and was found unconscious in the brig.

To make things even more troublesome, Regent Albus II declared a national emergency, shutting down the borders of Laghima at once. People started believing rumors of more attacks when the Laghiman Guard was reporting dealings with creatures of the nights, causing more panic and trouble. The government declared this event as "The Nero Incident", one of the bloodiest attacks on Laghiman soil and property in decades. Howard regained consciousness and promptly seized his right to Grand Duke, ordering that General Dawud Ghalib be executed for being partially responsible for Darius' death. When no guards complied, Howard killed Dawud himself with his bare hands. No one questioned him after that, not even Albus.

Things look grim, but Howard is set to be ceremoniously crowned Grand Duke in a years time. A national curfew has also been issued for that time: only politicians are allowed to leave the country. Some pre-approved Merchants have also gotten that right as well. I was not so lucky. Honestly, I believe Howard, er, Darius II, will make things right once again, but time will only tell.

From,

Laghiman Writer Percy Neves.

---------------

To General Xin Tge,

I have sent below all information pertaining to the 'Order of Nero'. Use it to track these fools down before you join Dawud.

Order of Nero first sightings: YoE 300 A.I.

A New found military group [ineligible] sponsored by the leaders of [ineligible] have been deployed to join the [ineligible]. Considered highly dangerous, talented, and knowledgeable enemies. Stay [ineligible].

Order of Nero Succession Log: YoE [ineligible]

Grand-master Lenus Nero, dead at the hands of Arch-master Julius Nero. Julius sworn in as Grand-master. Alert patrols at [ineligble], Valyrian Sea, Impe-[ineligble]a

Order of Nero Ship Report: YoE 400 A.I.

ONC JULIUS damaged in Battle of Kalon, [ineligible] dead, two injured.

West Mercurian Journal Entry [Unknown Date]

The Order of Nero was founded by Caesar Nero in [ineligible]. Sponsored by rebels, they were used as soldiers for hire until the death of Grand-master Ty Nero in [ineligible]. Ty's successor turned on his investors (the rebels), and proclaimed the Order as an elite medium for warriors seeking to distinguish themselves from common soldiers. The order succeeded in this and started becoming feared by those who knew of them, which was so limited due to the pure secrecy and [ineligible] available. Soon they started conducting regular raids to supply themselves with new recruits (usually no older than [ineligible]). It is known that the Order has an obsession with killing those of noble blood. I do not know why, but I believe with each noble slain they believe that they proved to other [ineligible] that despite being raised in less than ideal conditions, they could kill the best of the b[ineligible]. Regardless, writing this entry within their own [ineligible] is proving frightening, so I will send it and try to escape with some of their tomes.

Sincerely,

Tamer Heruk

Death Notice, YoE 430 A.I.

Demetrios Stark, son of Alexander Stark, twin brother to Albus Stark, was killed in a mysterious raid from well organized barbarians. His mother was unfortunately slain as well. Send word to Alos Island.

Collecting this information was tiresome, I want a lead by next week, or you will be beheaded.

From,
Darius II
--------------

The Laghiman government thanks you for viewing vital history.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

Post subject: Re: Darius II
PostPosted: September 8th, 2016, 8:23 pm 

May the good Duke Darius rest in peace. This is a most unfortunate set of events.

Post subject: Re: Darius II
PostPosted: September 9th, 2016, 12:23 am 
King

A sad end to a mighty champion of the Empire.

(I shall change your name to Darius II also)