All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 2:42 am 
Count

It was midday when the raiders came for Delaena. They plundered our village, killing our livestock and taking what little wealth we had. Men were killed, women raped, and children butchered before they set the village to the torch.

Some of us escaped the slaughter, hidden away in the mines. We stayed in those pitch black tunnels as long as we could, sustained by the pitiful miner’s rations already stored away down there, breathing in air tinged by coal. We waited until there was silence, and then waited longer, and when we emerged from our hiding place, there was nothing left but rubble and half-rotted bodies.

My mother and father were among the dead. My brother, not even eight years old. I am all that remains of my family, and us few dozen are all that remains of the village of Delaena. But I took control of our ragged band of survivors, and I plan to see us continue on. We will rebuild, and we will not only prosper, we will become powerful. We were once a peaceful people, but no longer. Delaena will rise again.

--Sunny of Delaena, 589 A.I.

The following is a catalog of the destruction done to the village of Delaena:

A view of the village from atop the mountain

The boarding house

The blacksmith

The bakery

Homes

The wheat field

Farmhouses

The young woman Sunny has taken control of the village of Delaena and the survivors of the carnage, naming herself Mayor.

(Formally requesting a namechange to "Sunny of Delaena." Future characters will have Delaena as their proper surname.)

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 2:53 am 
King

Send out the Alba Longa palace guard!

The Talvilainen snow elves are expert trackers and could be brought in to help find these wretches.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 3:13 am 
King

The Perthian forces can be called upon at any time as well to assist if needed!

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 4:46 am 
Count

Seeing such devestation in our lands always pains us to the core. We are proud to have such fine and brave settler as our citizens, who leave the easy ways of civilization behind and aim to further the goal of setteling all the beautiful places around our majestic town. This distruction will not stay unanswered. Today we will send out a punal force to seek out the murderers, who brought all this death and suffering to our people. The city guard will bring them to justice, this We promise. Furthermore we will send aid and builders to rebuild this settlement once again. Since the coal is a much needed ressource for our forges, we will send a group of prospectors and a few administrative personal to analyze the state of the coal deposits. To saveguard this important endeavour, we hereby claim ownership of this coal-buisness to protect the interests and well-beeing of all our subjects.

Dujek, First Prime of Alba Longa
591 A.I